It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 am

Wasps Finances 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wasps Finances

Thks

So the is was well founded and does expose Wasps futures.

The malpractice aspect is significant and seems proven (see above debate)

Sat May 05, 2018 12:21 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^

Correctd text

Tony Panties wrote:

Thks

So the issue was well founded and does expose Wasps futures.

The malpractice aspect is significant and seems proven (see above debate)

Sat May 05, 2018 12:27 am
World XV Player

So another investor comes in and crams down the bonds....welcome to Wall Street..it's a tough place ;)

Sat May 05, 2018 2:14 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
So another investor comes in and crams down the bonds....welcome to Wall Street..it's a tough place ;)

David
Not sure it's as simple as that?

It is a multifaceted problem including 'multiple' apparent malpractice (representation of accounts, broken covenants and suspicious accounting etc) and basic going concern issues compounded by a relatively unsuccessful Season.

It is also longstanding now.

A somewhat powerful toxic mix.

Sat May 05, 2018 8:12 am
Club Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

David

It is a multifaceted problem including 'multiple' apparent malpractice (representation of accounts, broken covenants and suspicious accounting etc) and basic going concern issues compounded by a relatively unsuccessful Season.

Wasps have ended up 3rd in the league and if they win their next game will be in the final of the play off's, that is by no way an unsuccessful season.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dog wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

David

Wasps have ended up 3rd in the league and if they win their next game will be in the final of the play off's, that is by no way an unsuccessful season.

Failed in Europe which is the big one.

Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am
World XV Player

I am sure I read at one point they became the wealthiest rugby club in the world, surpassing even the likes of Toulon?

Sun May 06, 2018 1:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I am sure I read at one point they became the wealthiest rugby club in the world, surpassing even the likes of Toulon?

What does 'wealthiest' mean on this context.

Might well have involved asset value which is now called into question with the recent affairs?

Same related Q .... why Toulon?

Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

David

Debentures are hardly ever paid back and are pretty much always converted to preferred or common stock Litigation is unlikely I would think if a good story is put together.

Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

David

Debentures are hardly ever paid back and are pretty much always converted to preferred or common stock Litigation is unlikely I would think if a good story is put together.

The 'good story' is awaited and the current news is certainly bad press and is continuous is it not?

This is deeper than a debenture issue when e.g accounting mal practice is an issue and contracts apparently have been abused?

Even if retrieved the reputation is tarnished in business terms?

Your opinion?

Sun May 06, 2018 9:08 pm