It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:53 am

George North 
World XV Player

Post Re: George North
Give the bloke a chance mun. Some Welsh rugby "fans" are sounding more and more like English soccer fans every day

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

That's a pretty handy backline the Os will have next year. :clap:

9 Aled Davies; 10, Sam Davies; 11 Jeff Hassler; 12 Owen Watkin; 13 Scott Williams; 14 George North; 15 Dan Evans.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

9 Aled Davies; 10, Sam Davies; 11 Jeff Hassler; 12 Owen Watkin; 13 Scott Williams; 14 George North; 15 Dan Evans.

They need some decent props first though. Also, I've heard rumours that Hassler is leaving. Otherwise, yes.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

They need some decent props first though. Also, I've heard rumours that Hassler is leaving. Otherwise, yes.

Their front five isn’t that bad but their back line has lacked pace for a while now. Hard working but no pace

The addition of Giles in there means hassler or Dirksen can cover bench which is where they need to be. Dan Evans at full back is some way short of top end gas so they needed dynamism somewhere

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Give the bloke a chance mun. Some Welsh rugby "fans" are sounding more and more like English soccer fans every day

Good point, but given that he doesn't seem to have much any first team coaching experience, prior to his appointment, neither the fans nor the Board have an idea of what he is capable of. I doubt therefore that he is being hassled by other teams at this point to coach them as first team coach, so why not make the decision at the end of the season? He's now signed a three year deal based on the results of a handfull of matches.

The appointment needs to be tempered with some realism - in that the Ospreys aren't world beaters (yet) - but given that (Wikipedia) he has never a first team job before, surely this speaks volumes of the sort of calibre that the Ospreys have chased. This is supposedly our second best side, and they have appointed someone with no real experience, someone who is learning on the job in a professional environment.

I fully caveat he may turn out to be great. But these sorts of decisions should be based on evidence.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Figured as much. Couldn't see him going back to the Scarlets, and the others would just be a waste of time.
Got to admire the lad for submerging himself back into the world of shit that is Welsh club rugby. He clearly only has eyes on his international career.

Ironic you come out with such cliche-ridden attacks on Welsh rugby just as the Blues reach the Challenge Cup finals and the Scarlets had the misfortune to lose to what is by some distance Europe's best team in the Champions Cup. (I agree with those who say that the Scarlets would most likely have defeated either Racing or Munster). In any event, under the new rules he could still be selected for Wales when playing in England (or France) because despite his young age he has way more than 60 caps.

Ah yes. Cardiff and Llanelli; the two teams who ensured that, despite wanting to stay, George North left Welsh rugby in the first place.
The Scarlets have had some success because it finally dawned on them that instead of sitting back bitching, moaning and blaming everyone else for their woes, they might actually get somewhere by investing in their own product.
And Cardiff? So the most hugest prestismological club in the history of world rugby has reached the final of the also rans cup twice in a decade. Wow. As far as I'm concerned, the best thing that could happen to that bunch is if it turned out Cardiff Arms Park was built on an ancient Indian graveyard and Peter Thomas' anus suffered a series of violent hauntings by a poltergeist.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:02 pm
World XV Player

Do you mean prestigious club?

Anyway ...

:twisted:

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:10 am