It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Wales to win the six nations 
International Player

Post Wales to win the six nations
I fancy Wales to win the six nations this time we should beat Scotland at home I admit we will proberly lose to England but we can beat Ireland and we can put enough points against france and Italy at home to have a good points difference to clinch the six nations unless England win the grandslam. the regions are doing well I feel confident.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales to win the six nations
Whiskey, strong cider or Kosher Kush?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

15/1 mate with the bookies. Did you see Warren Gatland give the death stare to the journalist who asked him about the odds in the press conference? Very funny. He said it was a very good bet and then said the same when asked again. If looks could kill they probably will in games without frontiers! We are a bit off of the radar I think. England are always over hyped even when they are an excellent side, it's their press. Scotland are on the up which is briliant and Ireland are in my mind like England of ten or so plus years ago, obdurate and difficult to beat with a cracking attacking side. France are still a basket case in that you never know with them and Italy will probably win a game, hopefully not against us. I'll have a small wager on us and lose my money.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm
World XV Player

Ireland for me.

First up away to Fra which they'll win.

Ireland the most balanced and Euro results etc give them the motivation.

Schmint a wise owl.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Ireland for me.

First up away to Fra which they'll win.

Ireland the most balanced and Euro results etc give them the motivation.

Schmint a wise owl.

Agreed.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

I agree the odds look well worth a punt. I feel we could put out one of our best teams for a long time against the Scots. Concerned about the lack of a 13, but loads of quality and a variety of options elsewhere in the backs . Front five looks real quality now, and a great bench (perhaps Wyn Jones, Baldwin, Francis, Seb D, Cubby, Gareth D, Anscombe, Adams), which could make a huge impact. Form is the key and over the last few weeks most of our match day 23 are in great form (fingers crossed for Moriarty and Sanjay). Please though Gatland, please play Patchell at 15!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Patchell is brilliant maybe even play him in the center???

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

seabass wrote:
Patchell is brilliant maybe even play him in the center???

tackling is an issue..

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 am
World XV Player

I’d like to see patchell at 15 with Liam Williams and north making up the back three

A few years ago I think we picked that in New Zealand and played some decent rugby. I’m not sure Amos or staff Evans are quick enough to worry the best teams. Not seen this josh Adams play but it’s intetesting gatland has already highlighted he has genuine pace... and said Amos and Evans aren’t the quickest

Whoever we play carries some risk as we don’t have a back three player with a complete skill set. Our best defensive full back can’t attack and the defensive ability of our attacking full backs leaves a lot to be desired

Selecting parkes and Scott Williams at centre may help the defensive aspects. Williams has the pace to defend at 13... and parkes positioning.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

I think the WRU have a slight problem with Halfpenny, in that having forked out so much money in getting him to come back to Wales, they feel they have to justify the investment by picking him. Presently I would say there are possibly four players I would rather see play 15 than him (Sanjay, Patch, Anscombe, Dan Evans).

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Accepting that you have lost to England... This is why Wales won’t win the 6N this year. Why do you think the majority of neutrals see England & Ireland as being in there own race in the 6N? Because in our and England’s head accepting that you’ll lose to one of you’re rivals is not acceptable, for us it’s winning all 5 of you should be the aim, anything less and you don’t deserve to call you’re self Europe’s top side.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scotland may be shorter odds to win the 6 Nations than us but the bookies favour us to beat them. In fact the bookies favour us to win three games and the Scots two.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Even with scotlands good form recently I still fancy us to beat them in Cardiff. hope gatland picks players on form

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

The problem, in MY opinion with the present set up is that all the players going into the first game are not match fit. I feel they should all be released to their Regions on the Saturday prior to the first international. And those squad members not involved in the first game should be released on the following week end as well. At present, as the tournament progresses into late March we may have squad members who have not played rugby for more than five weeks. I think this issue is proved by the Wales do not come strong until the last 10 minutes.

Squad and fitness training is very intense, perhaps too intense, and I believe there is no substitute for game time. The environment of team hotels for weeks on end is not suited to many players, and I am sure most of them would prefer their home surroundings up until the Thursday before a game.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I doubt that the 1960's way of doing things works today in the highly organized and scripted modern pro game.

The issue include a lack of set plays, poor tactics and coaching once together. The Blues and Scarlets have similar styles, but the Ospreys play a totally different way.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:14 pm