It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 am

London Welsh 
World XV Player

Post London Welsh
O/T:
ITV London News has just reported that London Welsh have formed a new company, taken the 20 point deduction and the game against London Scottish on Saturday is definitely on - therefore it seems Welsh are to remain in the Championship. I

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: London Welsh
Survival will not be easy.

They need all the luck going - and a few good players right now.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:51 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Amazing they have found a way of carrying on in the Championship at all.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Survival will not be easy.

They need all the luck going - and a few good players right now.

Gav still shopping?

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:52 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

LW 37 5 LS

Tidy result for what one assumes is something of a scratch side.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

London welsh were featured on Scrum V on Sunday.

Despite the financial fall out over the last six months and the lowly league position, the club has managed to keep hold of its ground at Old Deer Park, become constituted as a members club, appointed Sonny Parker as Director of Rugby and Cai Griffiths as head coach, appoint new directors with sound commercial experience to the board, attract some new sponsors (Morgan Price International, and GRP Solutions), win 4 out of 5 league games so far, and have set the goal of a return to National league rugby in a financially sustainable way.

If anyone is interested in playing, becoming a member or getting involved with the club in any way please get it touch and email : Office@londonwelshrfc.com

www.londonwelshrfc.com

The club will be having a survival celebration on the England and Wales weekend of 10 February.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

London welsh were featured on Scrum V on Sunday.

Despite the financial fall out over the last six months and the lowly league position, the club has managed to keep hold of its ground at Old Deer Park, become constituted as a members club, appointed Sonny Parker as Director of Rugby and Cai Griffiths as head coach, appoint new directors with sound commercial experience to the board, attract some new sponsors (Morgan Price International, and GRP Solutions), win 4 out of 5 league games so far, and have set the goal of a return to National league rugby in a financially sustainable way.

If anyone is interested in playing, becoming a member or getting involved with the club in any way please get it touch and email : Office@londonwelshrfc.com

www.londonwelshrfc.com

The club will be having a survival celebration on the England and Wales weekend of 10 February.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail

If they do get back into national league rugby, then they have to find a way of doing so sustainably. As a top-flight club, they made the Dragons and the Italian clubs look almost like the Saracens!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail

They are going to need serious work to stay viable. Hopefully they have learned not to splash out stupid amounts on a bunch of semi-famous but over the hill players. Would have been better if they stuck with who they had, kept some cohesion and accepted they were in for a relegation battle. Negative I know but if you don't have the finances in place to maintain a more competitive team, things will just repeat.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

najbritcol wrote:
If they do get back into national league rugby, then they have to find a way of doing so sustainably. As a top-flight club, they made the Dragons and the Italian clubs look almost like the Saracens!

The club are working to a annual budget and not paying players, this will be reviewed annually by the board based on advise from the DoR.

The club has attracted new sponsors and has seen an amazing response to its patron and membership offering this season.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

With London Welsh's history of providing so many players to the National side in an era when standards were so high; I would have thought the W R U could have put together a rescue package, and somehow or other incorporated them into the Pro 14.

I just wonder what help would be given to Bristol R F C if they ever found themselves in a similar position !

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

At one period the players performing miracles for London Welsh tended to be Welsh blokes who were teachers.

As soon as this situation exists again, London Welsh will start climbing up the Leagues.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm
World XV Player

Yes . largely irrelevant today, hemce the decline.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 pm
Regional Junior Player

I presume L.W. have lost their R F U status. As I have previously indicated, it is regrettable that the W R U has not put a rescue package in place. A token buy out and a settlement to the debtors would have benefited the Union as would be free holders of Old Deer Park. A week end in London far surpasses a jaunt to the High Veldt.
There are many Premiership aspiring Welsh players who could have been recruited to L.W. to make them a serious member of the Pro 14.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
I presume L.W. have lost their R F U status. As I have previously indicated, it is regrettable that the W R U has not put a rescue package in place. A token buy out and a settlement to the debtors would have benefited the Union as would be free holders of Old Deer Park. A week end in London far surpasses a jaunt to the High Veldt.
There are many Premiership aspiring Welsh players who could have been recruited to L.W. to make them a serious member of the Pro 14.

I would have preferred the WRUIN to have another pro team n Wales.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm
Profile E-mail