It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 am

Wales achievements vs Ireland achievements - my theories 
Junior Player

Post Re: Wales achievements vs Ireland achievements - my theories
If this was written in 2013 I'd agree bu now 4 years on Ireland have won 2 6N to Wales' 0 beaten 5 SH big 3 to Wales' 2 and have consistently been ranked higher bar the lul during the RWC and post. I think when you compare the two I'd argue Wales in a way punch above their weight and during the 6N I think we saw this. Wales appear to be Irelands bogey team as I really don't remember Ireland playing well against them since 2014. Their are alot of problems in Welsh Rugby and it's starting to come to roost. Above all this I think Ireland have more big game players, just compare the two vs England, could you so an Irish playing f*cling up to the same extent that Davies/Cuthbert did?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:38 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Wales achievements vs Ireland achievements - my theories
Cathalsmart wrote:
If this was written in 2013 I'd agree bu now 4 years on Ireland have won 2 6N to Wales' 0 beaten 5 SH big 3 to Wales' 2 and have consistently been ranked higher bar the lul during the RWC and post. I think when you compare the two I'd argue Wales in a way punch above their weight and during the 6N I think we saw this. Wales appear to be Irelands bogey team as I really don't remember Ireland playing well against them since 2014. Their are alot of problems in Welsh Rugby and it's starting to come to roost. Above all this I think Ireland have more big game players, just compare the two vs England, could you so an Irish playing f*cling up to the same extent that Davies/Cuthbert did?

As good a player as Sexton is, he can have VERY off days too, and as both Wales and the Scarlets alike proved, once you confuse him their gameplan goes tits up. I think Irish rugby has a more sustainable model at professional level than does Welsh rugby, with the former being more akin to the New Zealand model of union ownership and direction, which for a smaller country is arguably more sensible.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail