It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:08 am

SA v Eng 
World XV Player

Post Re: SA v Eng
Bokbefok wrote:
The yellow Vunipola got in the '63 min did not help. At that time Springboks bench of Kitshoff (red head) P-S du Toit and warthog (Akker van der Merwe) were really playing well.
Erasmus new Springbok coach strengths are team selection given the 50/50 black composotion required by govt.
For one the young gun from the bulls RG Snyman at lock. I have seen the Lions (sa) tight five pushing the Sharks around and 2 Sharks in the Springbok frontrow but Springbok scrum settled.
At 3-24 down I could see it weren't due to lack of commitment but rather disorganised at the start...new team and defense coach JP worked a week with them. Cannot say the same on Engand's defense they leaked onevto many and it is something to work on. Good start from a SA perspective in the new coaching era of Erasmus

It was interesting to see the performance of the black players, i thought the captain Kolisi has had far better games and was out on his feet, should have been subbed earlier. I also felt the black lad at 13 (?) was a bit out of his depth ?? The lad that scored the two tries looked a handful every time he had the ball and was solid in defense, looked class.

The 6ft 9" lock was a force of nature if he can maintain that level of performance hes going to have a huge influence on SA rugby at international level.

Great game of rugby im sure everyone that was there will always remember it.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Our 13 was missing on defence. His test place is on danger. Erasmus will tweak the 50/50 thing to our advantage. What I think is he will start Jesse Kriel. Jesse is a great attacker and defend well. He will then start Nyakane in the frontrow and Louw will move to bench.
14 Sbu NkosI has the full packet. Speed and power. Top test winger.
When you have players like this on merit I ask myself why the heck we still need quota percentages.
For me our top 2 (and nr 14 close by) were Faf de Klerk and the young gun lock R.G Snyman played the winds out of my sails. never expected.
So its 9 Faf (9/10) 5 RG Snyman (9/10) and 14 SBu Nkosi (8/10) then follows 15 Willie le Roux and 4 Mostert (7/10)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:08 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

It was interesting to see the performance of the black players, i thought the captain Kolisi has had far better games and was out on his feet, should have been subbed earlier. I also felt the black lad at 13 (?) was a bit out of his depth ?? The lad that scored the two tries looked a handful every time he had the ball and was solid in defense, looked class.

The 6ft 9" lock was a force of nature if he can maintain that level of performance hes going to have a huge influence on SA rugby at international level.

BS, Would say that it was an interesting game of rugby but hardly 'great'?
It was pretty shapeless, somewhat error strewn and tries seemed to 'happen'

The fight back was exciting and English disappointed 'cos they couldn't cope with it?

In general it was relatively poor rugby?

It was also evident that the exiles from the franglais clubs had some effect, namely Vermulen, Le Roux, De Klerc. SA would be so much better off if these players could be retained at home but that's another kick back of fluctuating fortunes, there's also Bismark du P and Steyn on the blocks who arrived late after the Montpelier final.

SA are well set up for a series win?

PS As mentioned before ... I thought that 2nd row Snyman (Sp?) was standout.

Just bloody killjoy me I guess ;)

PS I thought that May's final try was one of the weirdest I've witnessed... he just ran around in various angles whilst the rest of the world stood still, he even seemed to beat some SA statues twice!? :D

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm
World XV Player

We can all hope this is all a massive ruse and come the world cup we will suddenly strike out with some fantastic free flowing rugby that nobody else can deal with

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
We can all hope this is all a massive ruse and come the world cup we will suddenly strike out with some fantastic free flowing rugby that nobody else can deal with

Time to poach some RL stars.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm
World XV Player

the 60m from Farrell . I was getting a beer as I thought he'll never get it but he did
the Johny May try. Also Engl going wide from kick off was never expected by boks. Team selection said structure kicking game. Springboks knew they themselves had to go wide because they first time together under Erasmus former Munster and no time building structure. Lets give them our S15 speedsters out wide but wasn't expected of Engl. Defense weren't as organised at the start aswell only a weeks work on it

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:41 pm
World XV Player

Post Re:
Bokbefok wrote:
for me England ...
the 60m from Farrell . I was getting a beer as I thought he'll never get it but he did
the Johny May try. Also Engl going wide from kick off was never expected by boks. Team selection said structure kicking game. Springboks knew they themselves had to go wide because they first time together under Erasmus former Munster and no time building structure. Lets give them our S15 speedsters out wide but wasn't expected of Engl. Defense weren't as organised at the start aswell only a weeks work on it

The 60m kick was from Daly, that guy has some serious range on his kicks. It's a pity because I feel he is one of the genuinely potential world class England players but is being held back by a team that is falling to pieces and constantly being played in different positions. Until last year the guy was a 13. Jones put him on the wing and now a year later at 15.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Re:
Troron wrote:
Bokbefok wrote:
for me England ...

The 60m kick was from Daly, that guy has some serious range on his kicks. It's a pity because I feel he is one of the genuinely potential world class England players but is being held back by a team that is falling to pieces and constantly being played in different positions. Until last year the guy was a 13. Jones put him on the wing and now a year later at 15.

The English James Hook. :D

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Blindside wrote:

BS, Would say that it was an interesting game of rugby but hardly 'great'?
It was pretty shapeless, somewhat error strewn and tries seemed to 'happen'

The fight back was exciting and English disappointed 'cos they couldn't cope with it?

In general it was relatively poor rugby?

It was also evident that the exiles from the franglais clubs had some effect, namely Vermulen, Le Roux, De Klerc. SA would be so much better off if these players could be retained at home but that's another kick back of fluctuating fortunes, there's also Bismark du P and Steyn on the blocks who arrived late after the Montpelier final.

SA are well set up for a series win?

PS As mentioned before ... I thought that 2nd row Snyman (Sp?) was standout.

Just bloody killjoy me I guess ;)

PS I thought that May's final try was one of the weirdest I've witnessed... he just ran around in various angles whilst the rest of the world stood still, he even seemed to beat some SA statues twice!? :D

Take your point Tel and agree, but it was a great drama and i enjoyed it, sort of game that stays in the memory.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail