It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
SA v Eng 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 62162
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: SA v Eng
SA more dumb than even Wales are. Why kick turnover ball with 3 minutes left????

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 3852
Post Re: SA v Eng
Pearcey3 wrote:
Have England ever lost a game after being 21 points ahead?


Not that I can recall.


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22967
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: SA v Eng
42 - 39

Thats not an advert for defence.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3607
Post Re: SA v Eng
Despite the good start score flattered England


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 62162
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: SA v Eng
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Despite the good start score flattered England


Yes, well beaten

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13699
Post Re: SA v Eng
I liked Snyman (sp?) SA 2nd row, ...had a great game ...

5 tries apeice and a game it's difficult to describe why? :scratch:

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 62162
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: SA v Eng
Tony Panties wrote:
I liked Snyman (sp?) SA 2nd row, ...had a great game ...

5 tries apeice and a game it's difficult to describe why? :scratch:


81 points maybe?

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13699
Post Re: SA v Eng
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
I liked Snyman (sp?) SA 2nd row, ...had a great game ...

5 tries apeice and a game it's difficult to describe why? :scratch:


81 points maybe?


it was toss a coin rugby and fragile defences and little construction and shape ...tries happened :D

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3006
Post Re: SA v Eng
Is that the Snyman who used to play for the Scarlets?


Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22967
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: SA v Eng
Neither of these sides would trouble NZ, Ireland or Aus.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 722
Post Re: SA v Eng
String wrote:
Neither of these sides would trouble NZ, Ireland or Aus.


No one is going to trouble New Zealand. It is a depressing thought that over a year out from the world cup the winners are pretty much guaranteed in the all blacks, they are streets ahead of everyone else and honestly no one else stands a chance. England, Ireland, Australia and South Africa are just a group of also rans, and i will be looking forward to catching a game like the South Africa v Japan tie which really got the adrenaline going.

In regards to todays game the absolute stupidity of international players to give away penalties as they did is unforgivable, and continues the theme of their lack of brain power. Eddie Jones said in his interview it is down to him, however i disagree, the player takes ownership of their discipline. Our defence however has gone backwards at a huge rate of knots, and that falls on the shoulders of Gustard, i feel he has peaked, and thankfully is going at the end of the tour, Englands gain will be Harlequins loss if this is the best he can do.

Interestingly fitness wise we seemed to be the better in the latter stages. Which is a plus playing at altitude, however to ship a 21 point lead at test level is a reflection of deeper problems. My suspicion is that this will be a 3-0 series win for S.A with a new dawn for them, whilst we will stumble and fall throughout the A.I's, 6 nations, and them tumble out of the world cup, with all of Eddies early good work overshadowed by a 2 year period of embarrassment before he resigns or is sacked post world cup (although i would love to be proved wrong and have this post shoved down my throat!) :thumbright:


Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22967
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: SA v Eng
wombles wrote:
No one is going to trouble New Zealand. It is a depressing thought that over a year out from the world cup the winners are pretty much guaranteed in the all blacks,


They've said that every world cup but NZ have a history of bottling or failing in a one off game quite often.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 1820
Location: Stockholm
Post Re: SA v Eng
hmm, maybe it would have been worth watching after all ...


Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13699
Post Re: SA v Eng
I loved these 2 after match comments

England captain Owen Farrell told Sky Sports: "We got off to a good start but then a few errors crept in. Our discipline then let us down.
"We have to look at the game and make sure we stick together. This will make us better and get the best out of us."
------------


and good old Brian Moore

Image

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:57 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3006
Post Re: SA v Eng
Tony Panties wrote:
I loved these 2 after match comments

England captain Owen Farrell told Sky Sports: "We got off to a good start but then a few errors crept in. Our discipline then let us down.
"We have to look at the game and make sure we stick together. This will make us better and get the best out of us."
------------


and good old Brian Moore

Image


Farrell says the kind of bullshit Wales usually come up with...


Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big And Dull, Sam Biscuits and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: