It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
New Zealand v France 
Club Player

Post Re: New Zealand v France
Luck going the way of NZ again, no yellow because it wasn't a high tackle, changed the momentum of the game, France doing well up to that point. Mistakes like that should not be happening at this level.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No way was it a yellow but NZ often get the rub of the green like that.
However, conceding 3 tries in the sin binning and 40+ unanswered points when back to 15 is nothing to do with the referee or a single decision.

France are and always have been mentally frail. They buckle and lose their heads the second things don't go their way. Always have, always will. Its why they never live up to their full potential in big tournaments.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Two after match Qs being raised

-should there be a citing of the 2 man tackle on Grosso

and

-were HIA processes followed with Cane injured, any suspicion of loss of consciousness should meen immediate exit and no return etc...

Pic of tackle and the text of the above synopsis

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/No ... ion/909501

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:15 pm
World XV Player

Potential HIA *against* France. Who'd have thought it.....

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

^^^^^^^

Pic of double tackle is not available in above reference because the article full content is subscriber only

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 pm
World XV Player

cut 'n paste

citing? no cards ...

The issue with Cane also missing from ref ....

He had head injury and suspected loss of consciousness, he was allowed to play on for 5 mins and should have been sent immediately for HIA etc Protocols not obeyed.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 pm
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
Judging by that shocking yellow card that has killed this game. World Rugby have obviously had a word with this new ref at half time. Didn't get the memo.

Are you suggesting NZ gets an easy ride on the pitch? Kind of hope so, haven’t seen this type of epic whinge in a while if it is. :D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:51 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:
Judging by that shocking yellow card that has killed this game. World Rugby have obviously had a word with this new ref at half time. Didn't get the memo.

Are you suggesting NZ gets an easy ride on the pitch? Kind of hope so, haven’t seen this type of epic whinge in a while if it is. :D

No complaints from me Loosie other than there seems to be random reffing inconsistency that is becoming de rigueur. Hansen, straight talking bloke that he is admitted the yellow was not warranted. However, the turnaround was already on the cards...

It certainly didn't matter in that comprehensive and embarrassing defeat, more grist to the mill of sorting out these tours until a sensible state of affairs can established.

I expect worse in the upcoming tests now the ABs have shed some rust, the drubbing will be 'indecent' ... they will be reamed if that is possible to inflict on 'frogs' :D

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 am
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Incidentally, I think the worst decision was to allow Cane to continue for 5 mins when he was clearly 'out' in the collision and I could see no worth in bringing him back on when he underwent HIA? There was no need to play him again and potentially fly in the face of a head injury at that scoreline although he had been cleared in HIA. The protocol is that should a player have potentially lost consciousness he should be immediately sent off for tests and I think it may even be not to be returned. to play.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:

No complaints from me Loosie other than there seems to be random reffing inconsistency that is becoming de rigueur. Hansen, straight talking bloke that he is admitted the yellow was not warranted. However, the turnaround was already on the cards...

It certainly didn't matter in that comprehensive and embarrassing defeat, more grist to the mill of sorting out these tours until a sensible state of affairs can established.

I expect worse in the upcoming tests now the ABs have shed some rust, the drubbing will be 'indecent' ... they will be reamed if that is possible to inflict on 'frogs' :D

The ref had a shocker in regards to the 2 incidents. Def not a yellow, and hopefully he’ll always go upstairs from now on, bit of a shit way to learn(for France), but these things happen and he’ll be a better ref for it.

The other one has gotten so much attention. Cane should’ve been carded. I don’t think the shit hitting the fan is warranted regarding the props shoulder, contact sport and these things happen.

As for Cane coming back :scratch: , he should’ve been tested straight away, along with the prop. Good that he was tested, and as he passed, no problem with him returning. Kind of lost as to why you’d think otherwise. :dontknow: Unless of course you’re a doctor and were in the sheds during the tests? Otherwise, I’ll take my chances with a known professional over some random :kermit: online. :D

Good luck this weekend! :occasion5:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
ironrobson21 wrote:

The ref had a shocker in regards to the 2 incidents. Def not a yellow, and hopefully he’ll always go upstairs from now on, bit of a shit way to learn(for France), but these things happen and he’ll be a better ref for it.

The other one has gotten so much attention. Cane should’ve been carded. I don’t think the shit hitting the fan is warranted regarding the props shoulder, contact sport and these things happen.

As for Cane coming back :scratch: , he should’ve been tested straight away, along with the prop. Good that he was tested, and as he passed, no problem with him returning. Kind of lost as to why you’d think otherwise. :dontknow: Unless of course you’re a doctor and were in the sheds during the tests? Otherwise, I’ll take my chances with a known professional over some random :kermit: online. :D

Good luck this weekend! :occasion5:

Given that he had played on and given that there were doubts about protocol regarding if he had lost consciousness(there are different protocols for that occasion) or not my point was that perhaps he should not have been returned especially as there was no real need as the game @ 60 mins was already won and it would've been more prudent and precautionary for him not to return? My point was purely player welfare oriented and your cheap shop regarding that I adopted a medical professional opinion was silly.

Also as Cane was injury doubtful before the game, this would've been an additional sensible decision to keep him off?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 am
World XV Player

I was just having a laugh bro, hence the smilies.

Still, think the blokes employed to test him know their onions, as do the coaches. I’m more inclined to trust their calls regarding player welfare over anyone else, especially as they are employed by the NZRFU, which as we all know is one of the greatest sporting organizations to grace this lovely planet. 8)

I’m sure the coaches have their reasons to play him, personally I would’ve kept Ardie on but what do I know.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 am
World XV Player

:D your Father been talking to you again Looks ?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm
Junior Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

I think they also have the appalling ref to blame. Scores level before his first unilateral - and ultimately totally incorrect - decision. 19 points scored while their man is off the field.

This was a game changer! Not saying France would have won . . . but it made it far easier for them to lose!

And I won't even get started on the other ridiculous decision when NZ should have had a Yellow and a Red card!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm
World XV Player

Banwenboy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

I think they also have the appalling ref to blame. Scores level before his first unilateral - and ultimately totally incorrect - decision. 19 points scored while their man is off the field.

This was a game changer! Not saying France would have won . . . but it made it far easier for them to lose!

And I won't even get started on the other ridiculous decision when NZ should have had a Yellow and a Red card!

I don’t think anyone has debated that yellow, ridiculous call and hopefully he’ll have learned to go upstairs every time. Did impact the game, but still, happens all the time and most teams don’t leak 19pts.
Cane should’ve been in the bin but forearms to the face get let go every now and then for some stupid reason, Ofa couldn’t have done anything different, under the new laws possibly a yellow or red, but I agree he did nothing wrong. Frog got fouled by Cane, then fell into a shoulder.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next