It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:52 am

New Zealand v France 
Junior Player

Post Re: New Zealand v France
Is it just me, or do New Zealand seem to invariably be on the "right side" of these poor refereeing decisions so often?

I still remember when Andrew Hore went totally unpunished in the first minute of the game against Wales in 2012 for punching Bradley Davies in the head from behind.

Obviously NZ went on to beat Wales, but would they if they had to play practically the whole game without a hooker?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 pm
World XV Player

Banwenboy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

I think they also have the appalling ref to blame. Scores level before his first unilateral - and ultimately totally incorrect - decision. 19 points scored while their man is off the field.

This was a game changer! Not saying France would have won . . . but it made it far easier for them to lose!

And I won't even get started on the other ridiculous decision when NZ should have had a Yellow and a Red card!

Banwenboy …

Just to clear the air, something wrong with this post edit, the quote attributed to me is not mine.
;)

but appreciate your comments

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:01 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
I was just having a laugh bro, hence the smilies.

PS Loosie, pls remember that I am not a :kermit: ... you may use dragon, leek, daffodil or any other smiley to represent my nationality ;)

Meant kindly, note the smiley :D

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm
World XV Player

Banwenboy wrote:
Is it just me, or do New Zealand seem to invariably be on the "right side" of these poor refereeing decisions so often?

I still remember when Andrew Hore went totally unpunished in the first minute of the game against Wales in 2012 for punching Bradley Davies in the head from behind.

Obviously NZ went on to beat Wales, but would they if they had to play practically the whole game without a hooker?

I believe NZ is reffed more harshly than any other team, statistically. Did you see the lions tour? I think we were on the wrong end of the reffing stick back then. All good, swings and roundabouts and all that.

Wales wouldn’t have won. Over 50 years of pain wasn’t going to end at the hands of some wayward hooker. :)

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
I was just having a laugh bro, hence the smilies.

PS Loosie, pls remember that I am not a :kermit: ... you may use dragon, leek, daffodil or any other smiley to represent my nationality ;)

Meant kindly, note the smiley :D

You may not have French blood running through your veins, but you’re without a doubt, scums resident :kermit: . Embrace it.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Banwenboy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

I think they also have the appalling ref to blame. Scores level before his first unilateral - and ultimately totally incorrect - decision. 19 points scored while their man is off the field.

This was a game changer! Not saying France would have won . . . but it made it far easier for them to lose!

And I won't even get started on the other ridiculous decision when NZ should have had a Yellow and a Red card!

I don’t think anyone has debated that yellow, ridiculous call and hopefully he’ll have learned to go upstairs every time. Did impact the game, but still, happens all the time and most teams don’t leak 19pts.
Cane should’ve been in the bin but forearms to the face get let go every now and then for some stupid reason, Ofa couldn’t have done anything different, under the new laws possibly a yellow or red, but I agree he did nothing wrong. Frog got fouled by Cane, then fell into a shoulder.

The offending NZ prop in the Grosso incident has received a formal warning. The SA citing officer has stated :

"made a tackle "just one step below" the red level."

Special dispensation was given because Grosso was off balance. It was also taken into account that Cane was awarded a penalty for his offence....no follow on for Cane.

This a synopsis of this reference :

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... sso/910579

All this implies that at least a yellow should have been awarded?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am
Club Player

Banwenboy wrote:

Yes it's just you ... and a lot of people who refuse to admit reality...The All Blacks are at the top of receiving cards from the refs...I still remember a certain Lion's forward who was headbutting and shoulder charging and getting away with it.. now . a headbutt is very premeditated and one of the players on the receiving end was concussed. and off the field... There is a lot of talk about the All Blacks getting away with things and that is how they win.. a lot of talk about them poaching players but let's look at reality... eg the players they are accused of poaching are born in NZ usually.. a rare one is from the islands but NZ also loses players to the islands national teams after growing up here, NZ loses a lot of players to the NH for the $$$ and if rugby was just left to country of origin would profit from talent retention not loss.... unlike say England... The attitude that NZ win because they cheat is an attitude that holds back the NH HOw about they are good and learn from it instead of the excuses Realise that the refs do make mistakes in the heat of the moment and try switching allegiance for ten minutes and see how it pans out. You may be aggrieved for the ABS. It may be that the team going forward gets the rub of the green .. well be that team! Certainly in the past I have felt that the refs singled out the ABs for harsh treatment.. I remember a certain ref/touch judge who would get down on his hands and knees to see if anything was going on in the ruck on one side only.. the other team did not get reffd..Now don't tell me that only one team is known to do illegal things in scrums and rucks

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Banwenboy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

I don’t think anyone has debated that yellow, ridiculous call and hopefully he’ll have learned to go upstairs every time. Did impact the game, but still, happens all the time and most teams don’t leak 19pts.
Cane should’ve been in the bin but forearms to the face get let go every now and then for some stupid reason, Ofa couldn’t have done anything different, under the new laws possibly a yellow or red, but I agree he did nothing wrong. Frog got fouled by Cane, then fell into a shoulder.

The offending NZ prop in the Grosso incident has received a formal warning. The SA citing officer has stated :

"made a tackle "just one step below" the red level."

Special dispensation was given because Grosso was off balance. It was also taken into account that Cane was awarded a penalty for his offence....no follow on for Cane.

This a synopsis of this reference :

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... sso/910579

All this implies that at least a yellow should have been awarded?

Yes sounds like Ofa should have been definitely yellow carded..but Cane was cited and a penalty was deemed appropriate which was given..altthough from all the reaction you would think he was an axe murderer... I don't know about other watchers but I was distracted by the two giant heads clashing and this stood out in the incident not the French player falling down in the tackle and copping Ofa's shoulder .. it was a fractured cheek bone not skull btw but I know which one sounds more sensational!! This may have caused the ref to notice that and not the tackle so much.. especially as there were two forwards laid out too one apparently unconscious. However when uncertain the video ref should have been used

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail