It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
New Zealand v France 
Regional Player

Post Re: New Zealand v France
Well that was a load of *b@ll@cks*.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Another questionable ref decision and he refuses tmo

again, fair do's, NZ commentaors agree the questionable decisipn.

No surprise in overwhelming result but the extent of the overrun in the 2nd hald, even considering 14 man period, was dusappointing from fra point of view.

Another 2 tests to suffer.....

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am
World XV Player

These comments before match and on TV on "rustiness and new players fior NZ , lacking a best player in Brodie etc " potential is crap in comparison to 22 eligible players missing from selection and a team where some have barely met each other and only 4 played in the last international ?

I have no doubt that NZ are streets ahead of the v best Fra team but let's understand and appreciate the full context of this match.

ABs performance when warmed up, and I don't think the 14 man aspect really counted for that much, was wonderful....skilful and powerful exhibition of ruthless, winning rugby.

Awesome in that 2nd half :clap:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:36 am
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
Well that was a load of *b@ll@cks*.

:D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:19 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
These comments before match and on TV on "rustiness and new players fior NZ , lacking a best player in Brodie etc " potential is crap in comparison to 22 eligible players missing from selection and a team where some have barely met each other and only 4 played in the last international ?

I have no doubt that NZ are streets ahead of the v best Fra team but let's understand and appreciate the full context of this match.

ABs performance when warmed up, and I don't think the 14 man aspect really counted for that much, was wonderful....skilful and powerful exhibition of ruthless, winning rugby.

Every year the ABs are rusty for the first test, and their best player was out. :scratch: Reality is all. Kiwis expect the frogs to put up a fight every time, and expect the ABs to be a bit under par.

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Every year the ABs are rusty for the first test, and their best player was out. :scratch: Reality is all. Kiwis expect the frogs to put up a fight every time, and expect the ABs to be a bit under par.

Yeah, the frogs were way under strength, but still, no one to blame for that except themselves, it’s a test match, no excuses, only results.

Spot on.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

But paint it as it is.

The match was well loaded irrespective and NZ outlook clearly didn't sum up the potential correctly.
No argument about liability. I look forward to a more development oriented Summer Tours to sensibly underwrite the new progressive Convention which needs radical change in order to ensure improvements.

No argument on the match as my comments above underline.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:12 pm
Regional Player

Absolute joke of a decision by the idiotic English ref. Not even a penalty.....reffing is absolutely shambolic...have these people never played rugby.. it would seem so... :kermit:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tycroes8 wrote:
Absolute joke of a decision by the idiotic English ref. Not even a penalty.....reffing is absolutely shambolic...have these people never played rugby.. it would seem so... :kermit:

To be fair, one of the last groups of people id consult for concise knowledge of the laws of the game are actual players.......

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

PS Grosso has been taken to hospital and injury looks serious

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:18 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^

double facial fracture

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: New Zealand v Franc
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

But paint it as it is.

The match was well loaded irrespective and NZ outlook clearly didn't sum up the potential correctly.
No argument about liability. I look forward to a more development oriented Summer Tours to sensibly underwrite the new progressive Convention which needs radical change in order to ensure improvements.

I hope to hell that tests aren’t full blown friendlies to develop players, that’ll be shite. And by the looks of it, that’s how France approached this game. Don’t care(I guess I do a little bit) if the frogs want to play weak sides, just don’t think NZ should waste their time this time of year playing them if they don’t take it seriously.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

But paint it as it is.

I hope to hell that tests aren’t full blown friendlies to develop players, that’ll be shite. And by the looks of it, that’s how France approached this game. Don’t care(I guess I do a little bit) if the frogs want to play weak sides, just don’t think NZ should waste their time this time of year playing them if they don’t take it seriously.

I agree NZ shouldn't waste their time with such circumstance or they could adapt better to the issue.
They take the majority of the revenue which is devalued whichever way you look at it.

You miss the point? Circumstances have denied the selectors of 22 players for that match. The Champ final was last w/end, players are injured, rested or having short term surgery. New regs dictate 10 wks no games for elite squads.
No intention for 'friendlies' more scope for true development games where a 2nd dev elite squad has been registered with World Rugby with the attempt to develelop lighter exerted and younger players with an opportunity for a more competitive series. Would also potentially improve revenue aspects of less mainline countries.

As mentioned a revised block schedule would emphasise better priority schedule and equal opportunity as would lighter general Summer Tour, Lions schedules, W Cup schedules with no relief from other fixtures etc

The franglais cannot support such Club National schedules and even if the Club emphasis is ill advised and even selfish.. the consequences to ignore it and not treat it from all sides could lead to dangerous consequence for the game. and potentially rediced revenues for S Hemp

Whatever todays Eng result v SA they have a very long njury list too.
SA are losing 3/24 after 17... the so called meat eaters need reform as it seems that only dentures apply now?
There are probs all round.

Imo, if Fra decide their future is dpendent on internal structure and reform and they opt out of such tours as that agzinst NZ at this time of the Season, so bloody well be it...after all their strategy is intended a significant National improvement by 2023 from their current poor perspective and why not take an exceptional route.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

But paint it as it is.

I agree NZ shouldn't waste their time with such circumstance or they could adapt better to the issue.
They take the majority of the revenue which is devalued whichever way you look at it.

You miss the point? Circumstances have denied the selectors of 22 players for that match. The Champ final was last w/end, players are injured, rested or having short term surgery. New regs dictate 10 wks no games for elite squads.
No intention for 'friendlies' more scope for true development games where a 2nd dev elite squad has been registered with World Rugby with the attempt to develelop lighter exerted and younger players with an opportunity for a more competitive series. Would also potentially improve revenue aspects of less mainline countries.

As mentioned a revised block schedule would emphasise better priority schedule and equal opportunity as would lighter general Summer Tour, Lions schedules, W Cup schedules with no relief from other fixtures etc

The franglais cannot support such Club National schedules and even if the Club emphasis is ill advised and even selfish.. the consequences to ignore it and not treat it from all sides could lead to dangerous consequence for the game. and potentially rediced revenues for S Hemp

Whatever todays Eng result v SA they have a very long njury list too.
SA are losing 8/24 after 21.. the so called meat eaters need reform as it seems that only dentures apply now?
There are probs all round. Their foreigners doing all right though ...

Imo, if Fra decide their future is dpendent on internal structure and reform and they opt out of such tours as that agzinst NZ at this time of the Season, so bloody well be it...after all their strategy is intended a significant National improvement by 2023 from their current poor perspective and why not take an exceptional route.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^

Meat eaters dentures proved better than the English variety. Eng definitely need a better dentist :D

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next