It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ireland looking for 3rd tour win in Oz. 
World XV Player

Post Re: Ireland looking for 3rd tour win in Oz.
More Aus pressur and another kickable pen

Q ref by comms

Aus deny 3 ...and get try ...brave and potential match winner, Pocock over...

18/9 after 73

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 pm
World XV Player

String wrote:
Good game but the referee just settled the outcome of the game.
Called a ruck with no ruck formed on Ireland's line.

Shame, its been a good, open game for most of it. Irelands wide defence is poor but otherwise playing well.
Pity about the last minute refereeing *dinky doo* up which decided the winner.

It was a ruck... If not a ruck then it's the Irish player holding on because and Aussie was on his feet standing over him trying to get the ball and the Irish player just crawled on the floor to get away.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Australia as usual showing how to execute their chances. Clinical as always.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm
World XV Player

Its not a ruck, ball is released, free on the floor, player gets up quite legally and picks up the ball.
In no way is that a ruck. First offence gold not releasing, second offence gold not rolling then the non offence for a ruck that didnt happen.

Utterly utterly pathetic refereeing of a very close game. Its a shame that the 75+ minute of rugby have been outdone by the guy in the middle who cant control it. But no surprise.
Plenty of crowd and gold team pressure and the referee lacks any sort of balls to ignore it.

Scoreline as a result massively flatters Australia.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Ireland now understandably getting pissed off by the cynical Aussie play which the referee ignores. Sadly the referee decides to penalise that instead of enforcing the laws of the game. They've lost it now.

Big tests need a ref with balls, this guy is the opposite, the SH version of Nigel Owens who seems to just want the limelight.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
International Player

Bit of schadenfreude seeing some of the Irish players getting pissed about ref decisions. Still angry about the Pro 14 final. :D

World XV Player

String wrote:
Its not a ruck, ball is released, free on the floor, player gets up quite legally and picks up the ball.
In no way is that a ruck. First offence gold not releasing, second offence gold not rolling then the non offence for a ruck that didnt happen.

Utterly utterly pathetic refereeing of a very close game. Its a shame that the 75+ minute of rugby have been outdone by the guy in the middle who cant control it. But no surprise.
Plenty of crowd and gold team pressure and the referee lacks any sort of balls to ignore it.

No it really wasn't. As the 2 Aussies were over him he was in a foetal position protecting the ball. He then crawled sideways and THEN released the ball and stood up. You can't crawl away after being tackled, end of.

Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
No it really wasn't. As the 2 Aussies were over him he was in a foetal position protecting the ball.

The ball was clearly released before that (then the aussies put weight on him therefore off the feet as well). The ref utterly *fupped* it up. But he's *fupped* a lot up in his hunt for stardom.

Aussie deserved to win *JUST* due to irelands woeful defence out wide (they'll lose it in wetter weather as they lack forwards). But the scoreline has been provided entirely by a referee influenced by a crowd and shouting. He's weak. Not top test level.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Ireland reminded me of wales circa 2013

Lots of power and phases but over coached/structured. When it comes for the player to a make decision that’s in front of them - and not a scripted move - it falls apart

Stander and Murray both made breaks that should have led to tries. But the wrong choices meant tries went begging

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

String wrote:

Aus win it and they are not flattered .... they scored the tries and won a fiercely competitively game that was a pleasure to watch.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:04 pm
World XV Player

The game was good until the 75th minute *fupp*.
Both sides are decent. Ireland far better forwards but let down by a woeful lack of defence out wide time and time again.
Both those sides would likely beat anyone else other than the all blacks.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
British & Irish Lions Player

Good contest but I thought Australia were clearly the better side.
Beale at 12 looks very good. He takes risks, but is so creative.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

String wrote:
Troron wrote:
No it really wasn't. As the 2 Aussies were over him he was in a foetal position protecting the ball.

The ball was clearly released before that (then the aussies put weight on him therefore off the feet as well). The ref utterly *fupped* it up. But he's *fupped* a lot up in his hunt for stardom.

Aussie deserved to win *JUST* due to irelands woeful defence out wide (they'll lose it in wetter weather as they lack forwards). But the scoreline has been provided entirely by a referee influenced by a crowd and shouting. He's weak. Not top test level.

It wouldn't be ScumV without someone just blaming the ref for everything... Ireland were diving off their feet the entire game and didn't get penalised for it once. Australia looked better and blew a few chances too. I find it funny you call the ref weak, remind me how he dealt with Murray being gobby?

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Another terrible performance from the ref and TMO. Picking up on very minor things and missing or getting the very big decisions wrong. The standard of reffing and TMO is very poor and is not being improved. The ref and TMO are responsible for far too many results in Rugby. Spoiling the game... :kermit:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Schmidt summary on the money just like the excellent Coach and tugby Pro he is!

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next