It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Wales Summer Tour 2018 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales Summer Tour 2018
Tony Panties wrote:
Prydie for me is an excellent Club player, I doubt his International class other than journeyman level.

On that front Steff Evans is brilliant for the Scarlets and I use my words carefully but he's yet to hack it at international level and tries to play a similar game that don't come off at that level and evenb lead to compromise. Some defence aspects show up more at that level too.

He can make the big time but needs advice and guidance to do so?
(some have posted that similar happened with Shane Williams and there is truth in that.

Given his age now I would have to agree with you, but!
Prydie became the youngest player ever to wear the coveted Wales jersey. He was subsequently very badly used (I would go so far as to say, in rugby terms, of course, abused) by Ospreys in the form of Scott Johnson. He then had a number of crippling injuries and a poor move to the Dragons. He should a lot of potential with the Dragons but the poor record of Dragons didn't help.
Since he has been at Scarlets he has really blossomed. I think that he is now beginning to show his true potential and is going to surprise many.

Wed May 09, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Prydie for me is an excellent Club player, I doubt his International class other than journeyman level.

On that front Steff Evans is brilliant for the Scarlets and I use my words carefully but he's yet to hack it at international level and tries to play a similar game that don't come off at that level and evenb lead to compromise. Some defence aspects show up more at that level too.

He can make the big time but needs advice and guidance to do so?
(some have posted that similar happened with Shane Williams and there is truth in that.

Given his age now I would have to agree with you, but!
Prydie became the youngest player ever to wear the coveted Wales jersey. He was subsequently very badly used (I would go so far as to say, in rugby terms, of course, abused) by Ospreys in the form of Scott Johnson. He then had a number of crippling injuries and a poor move to the Dragons. He should a lot of potential with the Dragons but the poor record of Dragons didn't help.
Since he has been at Scarlets he has really blossomed. I think that he is now beginning to show his true potential and is going to surprise many.

I may add that Prydie is probably the best placekicker in that squad? More especially at long range.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prydie blossomed at Porthcawl.

;)

Fri May 11, 2018 4:35 am
World XV Player

Was that at the Elvis convention?

Fri May 11, 2018 8:12 am
World XV Player

It's where the Llanelli miners used to go in August.

Fri May 11, 2018 9:23 am
World XV Player

See there has been a change to the squad with Adams, charteris and Francis not obtaining release... and Navidi is injured

Wainwright, rhod Jones and Hewitt called up

Exposes lack of depth on the TH side if a failed convert is covering that position, wainwright and Hewitt are interesting choices

Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
See there has been a change to the squad with Adams, charteris and Francis not obtaining release... and Navidi is injured

Exposes lack of depth on the TH side if a failed convert is covering that position, wainwright and Hewitt are interesting choices

Detail here ...

Article 9 window causes withdrawal of eng based players, Navidi injured ...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am
World XV Player

And the RFU wonder why no one likes to see England do well. :thefinger:

Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Seems to me that the R F U are turning very nasty. Many will say that happened many years ago. But in all honesty there can be no justification in restricting a players national appearances outside of the normal season.

Perhaps this latest English kick in the rollocks will make our top players think twice about committing themselves to these outfits.

Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

It does but it should also give Dillon Lewis the opportunity to show what he can do at this level.

Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 pm
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:

The RFU with the most rugby union resources in the world should be extremely ashamed of themselves for putting stumbling blocks in front of one of the World's leas resourceful rugby nation.
I know why I hate to see them winning and rejoice every time they lose.
Maybe the RFU needs to rethink its policies towards the smaller nations.
Their approach has done them no favours and worldwide they're losing against the lesser nations on a regular basis and everyone, not only myself, rejoices.
If there are any English supporters on scumv forum if you wonder why we rejoice when England loses report back to your bosses and tell them why. :thefinger:

Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You rejoice because you have a chip on your shoulder, that same chip which makes you make out the RFU are in the wrong for doing what they are allowed to do.

Thu May 17, 2018 2:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

The RFU with the most rugby union resources in the world should be extremely ashamed of themselves for putting stumbling blocks in front of one of the World's leas resourceful rugby nation.
I know why I hate to see them winning and rejoice every time they lose.
Maybe the RFU needs to rethink its policies towards the smaller nations.
Their approach has done them no favours and worldwide they're losing against the lesser nations on a regular basis and everyone, not only myself, rejoices.
If there are any English supporters on scumv forum if you wonder why we rejoice when England loses report back to your bosses and tell them why. :thefinger:

He bit :clap:
Troron wrote:
You rejoice because you have a chip on your shoulder, that same chip which makes you make out the RFU are in the wrong for doing what they are allowed to do.

So easy it's embarrassing :occasion5: :occasion5:

Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

You are wrong Toron !!!!

they are balanced and not biased .... they have a chip on both shoulders, see?

I'll get me coat

:walk:

Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Troron really, you haven't helped matters. I would like to see the day that I could support all home unions against Southern Hemisphere teams. But as long as the RFU behaves like a school playground bully, I will side with all teams against England and hope England loses. (full stop). :thefinger:

Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next