It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Gatland's replacement. 
World XV Player

Post Re: Gatland's replacement.
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
The next coach should not be named until after Gatland has gone, no need to name him in advance, in fact that would be counter productive.

I dont think that anybody is suggesting that.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm
Youth Player

Tony Panties wrote:
The next coach should not be named until after Gatland has gone, no need to name him in advance, in fact that would be counter productive.

I dont think that anybody is suggesting that.

I know, but I believe the WRU have said his successor will be named sooner rather than later, not a wise move.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think you use the next appointee to reinforce the structure and put everyone under the same pyramid, which clearly is not happening now.

Given the tribal villagism that infects Wales like a pox, I think that is harder task than paying some foreigner half a million quid a year to wina few games.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55 pm
Youth Player

After looking into it, looks like Gatland's successor will be named this summer.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/d ... en-gatland

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

After looking into it, looks like Gatland's successor will be named this summer.

That is incestuous !,

Gatland involved in choosing his successor.

Unbelieveable!

and then give Gatland time to shape him...

This is Janet and John ...is it in joined up writing...

I'm going to do a Bouch ... :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Who would you like to see?

I hope Pivac gets it, he's been in Wales a while now, so he knows the scene here, he would be the best choice IMO, I like the way his team plays, he would do well with Wales.

We need a complete clear out, none of the current set up should remain, only 18 months to go.

I always find it hard to assess the inpact of the coching staff

Sometimes we do really well in the lineouts and then other times we do badly - can McBryde be blamed or praised for both?

Sometimes out defence does really well sometimes not so much? Same with Edwards.

Our attack is sometimes lacking but is this in part down to selection or a defensive mind set? I have no idea and I suspect no one on here does either.

Our kicking for points is brilliant. Jenkins surely has to stay?

I agree with this...... it is very difficult to assess the performance of the coaches. I dont think any coach will turn Wales into genuine WC contenders only the production of better players will.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

I mostly agree, i think though that Gatland's opinion may be of benefit, however, the weight put on that opinion should not a key factor but a contributory one. I totally disagree that Gatland should not in anyway be allowed to influence or shape the new coach, indeed i would think that anyone who would allow this is not suitable for the job. I do not feel he should be introduced or involved until Gatland goes. He should totally part of the future and not linked to the past. The Key spect of any new coach is that they are a breath of fresh air.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Is Shaun Edwards in the conversation? That would be interesting.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Is Shaun Edwards in the conversation? That would be interesting.

Great media skills.. :D

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

I mostly agree, i think though that Gatland's opinion may be of benefit, however, the weight put on that opinion should not a key factor but a contributory one. I totally disagree that Gatland should not in anyway be allowed to influence or shape the new coach, indeed i would think that anyone who would allow this is not suitable for the job. I do not feel he should be introduced or involved until Gatland goes. He should totally part of the future and not linked to the past. The Key spect of any new coach is that they are a breath of fresh air.

Can't square that BS ...you totally disagree that Gatland should not in anyway be allowed to ...etc

not nit picking but that seems to contradict ?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

Can't square that BS ...you totally disagree that Gatland should not in anyway be allowed to ...etc

It contradicts because it didnt make sense :D meant agree

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

I disagree, because, as an overseas coach is likely to be appointed, nobody than Gatland is likely to discern whether that individual can tolerate the Welsh working environment.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

I disagree, because, as an overseas coach is likely to be appointed, nobody than Gatland is likely to discern whether that individual can tolerate the Welsh working environment.

I think the mountain needs to go to Mohamed.....they did for Gatland

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's ludicrous to think that the most successful Lions coach will not be involved in the appointment of his replacement after the next world cup.

And, this season has shown that Wales has now got a touch more strength in depth.

Even when at the short end of possession we have the ability to keep going for the full 80 minutes plus and not fade away.

All the clowns who want rid of foreign coaches should have a good look at themselves in the mirror.

WALES are not easy-beats as they once were under a Welsh coach.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 am
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

That is incestuous !,

Unbelieveable!

I think the mountain needs to go to Mohamed.....they did for Gatland

That was Roger Lewis, an executive with first hand business experience and acumen. Look what you have there now... ;)

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:00 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next