It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Gatland's replacement. 
World XV Player

Post Re: Gatland's replacement.
Troron wrote:
Looking at it from another side, what do people think the future holds for Gatland post Wales?

Blimey. There's a good question. And very difficult to answer. I suppose the obvious is to who the new coaching team might be. But for sure Mr Gatland will leave us in a very improved place. What I like about him is that he identifies talent at a very early age, sometimes when the player has had little regional experience and fast tracks them into the National set up. George North, Halfpenny, Falatau and so on. Our player pool was so shallow he had no choice but he had the balls to do it. Sometimes it worked, other times not, no names, yet he encouraged young players and it mostly worked. He will leave Welsh rugby in a much stronger place. His legacy will be very strong. It's for the next coach to either improve or screw up whoever that might be and despite the press nobody has any idea. It's an open question.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:
Looking at it from another side, what do people think the future holds for Gatland post Wales?

Blimey. There's a good question. And very difficult to answer. I suppose the obvious is to who the new coaching team might be. But for sure Mr Gatland will leave us in a very improved place. What I like about him is that he identifies talent at a very early age, sometimes when the player has had little regional experience and fast tracks them into the National set up. George North, Halfpenny, Falatau and so on. Our player pool was so shallow he had no choice but he had the balls to do it. Sometimes it worked, other times not, no names, yet he encouraged young players and it mostly worked. He will leave Welsh rugby in a much stronger place. His legacy will be very strong. It's for the next coach to either improve or screw up whoever that might be and despite the press nobody has any idea. It's an open question.

Seems the 'Grapevine' appears to be making Wayne Pivac our next Guv'nor (something I would totally agree with?) but, I wonder if perhaps Gatland could be a consideration, for what could be an enormous loss for the Scarlets?
Would it be too 'left field' I wonder, to see (basically?) a complete sideways move for both coaches, with Pivac taking over the hot-seat, and Gats doing a 3 year contract with the Scarlets? What about that scenario Dai bach, for sure, if Gatland has New Zealand thoughts on his mind, it seems he could be out on his lonesome over there (as per what our Kiwi commentators have indicated?) so maybe, given he still has the appetite for competitive rugby, I guess he could do a helluva lot worse than that? Would the desire from the Scarlets be there though? Like I say, just putting it out there as a possibility?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm
World XV Player

Otto wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:

Seems the 'Grapevine' appears to be making Wayne Pivac our next Guv'nor (something I would totally agree with?) but, I wonder if perhaps Gatland could be a consideration, for what could be an enormous loss for the Scarlets?
Would it be too 'left field' I wonder, to see (basically?) a complete sideways move for both coaches, with Pivac taking over the hot-seat, and Gats doing a 3 year contract with the Scarlets? What about that scenario Dai bach, for sure, if Gatland has New Zealand thoughts on his mind, it seems he could be out on his lonesome over there (as per what our Kiwi commentators have indicated?) so maybe, given he still has the appetite for competitive rugby, I guess he could do a helluva lot worse than that? Would the desire from the Scarlets be there though? Like I say, just putting it out there as a possibility?

Why would Gatland want to coach The Scarlets? I mean no disrespect to them but I suspect that it would be a step back not sideways.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Otto wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:

Why would Gatland want to coach The Scarlets? I mean no disrespect to them but I suspect that it would be a step back not sideways.

I doubt we would want him

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am
World XV Player

I think Wellies refusing to go on tour is a hint.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:58 am
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

The All Blacks job.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7