It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
6N Wales v France (Sat 17.03.2018) 
World XV Player

Post Re: 6N Wales v France (Sat 17.03.2018)
Blindside wrote:
soap wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
buglet wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Sam Biscuits wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Our best 10 wasn't even in the squad this 6N

You on about Preistland again? :D

He’s probably on about Stephen Jones. He’s a romantic is our Icey :D

Phil Bennett?

Carwyn mun

Sam Davies mun

( I like Patchel, but he would not have been the man for today. )

I bet anyone a £1 hes on about Dan Jones :)
You're all mocking me now aren't you. :thefinger:

Anyway, Biscuits takes the well err biscuit for the correct answer. 8) :D

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:16 pm
Regional Player

Scott Williams was awful. His passing is shockingly bad, no where near professional level.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Just me by the look of it, but I enjoyed it.

Jeopardy right to the final whistle, a successful goal line stand, edge in the close quarters stuff and come away with a win. A good day out I thought.

... and fair play to the French supporters. A lot of them and very loud.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It was an odd game and the first I have seen in ages where I thought we were lucky to win it.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Cymru am byth wrote:
It was an odd game and the first I have seen in ages where I thought we were lucky to win it.

I don't think we could have complained at any result really ... win, lose or draw. It was very even.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

I don't think we could have complained at any result really ... win, lose or draw. It was very even.

Yeah, not complaining but Trinduc (spelling?) Really helped us today was it four or 5 mistakes? Had he been on form we would have lost.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We need to be aware that the result isn't always the most important thing if you want to improve generally. The game today should be ripped apart and analysed warts and all. I think there are games we have lost where we can take more positives.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Cymru am byth wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Yeah, not complaining but Trinduc (spelling?) Really helped us today was it four or 5 mistakes? Had he been on form we would have lost.

Very true, he did some good things and some very bad things. A lot of players were up and down, his mistakes were real belters though.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Yip, some did not seem to notice we won :D

Not pretty sometimes, but a done job. I think France are on the point of turning the corner and can surprise in the w/c (thats world cup, not the corrugated iron fence to pee against)

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail

soap wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Yip, some did not seem to notice we won :D

Not pretty sometimes, but a done job. I think France are on the point of turning the corner and can surprise in the w/c (thats world cup, not the corrugated iron fence to pee against)

They are going to be very competitive up front I reckon, and their outside backs could be a handful as well. Half back must be a big concern for them though.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I actually thought it was quite a thrilling arm-wrestle that went to the wire. Granted, both sides committed a few too many handling errors and infringements, but still I have seen far worse games than this. It should also be noted that far less injury-ridden Welsh teams than this one have had far more dire Six Nations seasons (case in point: last year, when we had e.g. Warburton and Foxy around).

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
We came second in the 6N :occasion5:
I think Scotland came third and France 4th.
England 5th :D
It couldn't happen to a 'nicer' coach. Jones by name but definitely not by nature. :thefinger:

Yep! just seen the official Table. It is as I said above. :D

It would have been better to finish 5th...it might provoke change

It failed to do so last year.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
I actually thought it was quite a thrilling arm-wrestle that went to the wire. Granted, both sides committed a few too many handling errors and infringements, but still I have seen far worse games than this. It should also be noted that far less injury-ridden Welsh teams than this one have had far more dire Six Nations seasons (case in point: last year, when we had e.g. Warburton and Foxy around).

We went backwards today. Gatland was too conservative. The biggest mistake was Biggar at 10. He has a proven ability to be unable to get his backs moving forward. He has been schooled in the Gatland ball mode and is unable to get himself and his line going forward. Plugging the gainline (Gatland ball) and most of the time backpedalling and losing the ball against the bigger and stronger backs of the French. The few times the ball went wide was despite Biggar.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

We went backwards today. Gatland was too conservative. The biggest mistake was Biggar at 10. He has a proven ability to be unable to get his backs moving forward. He has been schooled in the Gatland ball mode and is unable to get himself and his line going forward. Plugging the gainline (Gatland ball) and most of the time backpedalling and losing the ball against the bigger and stronger backs of the French. The few times the ball went wide was despite Biggar.

Totally agree. We can't take much more from that display other than the fact that we won and we wouldn't have but for a scrum collapse penalty decision that defied logic. We must surely have used up all our luck for next season in that game.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:21 am
Profile E-mail

A win is a win, but let’s face it, the better side lost and we were helped by some shocking ref decisions it has to be said.
That result won’t gloss over the need to change things.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next