It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Eddie Jones calls Wales a shit little country... 
World XV Player

Post Re: Eddie Jones calls Wales a shit little country...
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Who cares what the baldy headed goblin says, political correctness is trying to take away everyone's sense of humor, the media thinks we should all be shocked and outraged by this, I couldn't care less what he said, some of us can take a joke, lets have it right, thats all he was doing, avin a larf.

What makes you think he says things that may upset others as a joke?

It is so easy to play the pc card by being pc yourself.

I have had the misfortune to be staying at the same establishment as him and the Reds when he was their coach.

Sober he struts around like an mall peacock with a huge ego, but look out when he is primed up. His players were going around apologising to other guests the next day but it wasn't their behaviour that was out of control.

He alone thrashed the place and had to be restrained on more than once. I believe it costs $12000 to repair his disgraceful behaviour.

Think he and Cheika came at of the same egg.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:54 am
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Who cares what the baldy headed goblin says, political correctness is trying to take away everyone's sense of humor, the media thinks we should all be shocked and outraged by this, I couldn't care less what he said, some of us can take a joke, lets have it right, thats all he was doing, avin a larf.

That's a very good point.

I can't say I agree with Eddie Jones but he shouldn't be made to apologise.

Sure, I think he is a twat but that shouldn't stop him from saying what he thinks.

I disagree with what he says, but defend his right to say it.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:04 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

He's a wee baldy gobshite.
And where are the English posters on this thread? Normally, they come running to defend their nasty little slug.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm
World XV Player

He is right though... ;) :P

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:03 pm
World XV Player

Justic wrote:

It is so easy to play the pc card by being pc yourself. Spot-on! Sometimes it's better to call a spade a spade and steady Eddie (If I remember rightly?) moaned like a puking donkey, simply because he had a bag search when arriving in Oz? No need for apologies with Eddie, unless it's the other way round?

I have had the misfortune to be staying at the same establishment as him and the Reds when he was their coach.

Sober he struts around like an mall peacock with a huge ego, but look out when he is primed up. His players were going around apologising to other guests the next day but it wasn't their behaviour that was out of control.

He alone thrashed the place and had to be restrained on more than once. I believe it costs $12000 to repair his disgraceful behaviour.

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:35 pm
World XV Player

As a rugby statesman this was not a good comment and bordering on racist. No need for these type of attacks.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm
World XV Player

Not really racist; a term used too loosely. Xenophobic, yes and also prejudiced, but strictly speaking, not racist.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Not really racist; a term used too loosely. Xenophobic, yes and also prejudiced, but strictly speaking, not racist.

You can NOT come on here and say sensible things like that mun, FFS!!!

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Racist, overly slimy *Tommy Tanker* Eddie Jones will be eating his own shit tonight.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer fella :occasion5:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 pm
World XV Player

Jones is a shit little coach. He is full of cr@p.
His loose forwards are past their sell by date as is his style of play.
He seems to be unable to depart too much from the previous coaches player selections which tells me he is completely out of his depth.
England repeatedly lost at the breakdown.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

spinbreath wrote:
Racist, overly slimy *Tommy Tanker* Eddie Jones will be eating his own shit tonight.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer fella :occasion5:

Not disagreeing with you, but on many occasions over the years I have been accused of being an "arrogant Englishman, overconfident sasson axe" because I think we might win by a Welsh/Irish/Scotsman. yet, conversely, it is accepted without hesitation as passionate support when the same confidence and view is projected from a supporter of those aforementioned countries.

This "racism" is a two way street, but is dismissed as acceptable because it is against English people. It is easy to get offended when we are "attacked", yet conveniently ignore our own actions and words when it suits our views and prejudices.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

BigRed wrote:
He seems to be unable to depart too much from the previous coaches player selections which tells me he is completely out of his depth.

The worst bit is I could kinda accept it if our back row was genuinely the best we could put out but it really isn't. There are English 6's and 7's far better at the breakdown and yet there is something about the England job that has made successive coaches refuse to select a proper 7. I don't know what it is but every coach gets a hyper-conservative defence is all that matters mentality after being in the England job for any length of time and all fear selecting a player who could be genuinely world class but might have a few brainfarts over guaranteed ok.

England U20's at times play some lovely rugby. It can be a bit error strewn at times but the style is great to watch. The seniors? Not so much. It feels too much playing by numbers and statistics rather than any real knowledge and understanding of the game.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
BigRed wrote:

The worst bit is I could kinda accept it if our back row was genuinely the best we could put out but it really isn't. There are English 6's and 7's far better at the breakdown and yet there is something about the England job that has made successive coaches refuse to select a proper 7. I don't know what it is but every coach gets a hyper-conservative defence is all that matters mentality after being in the England job for any length of time and all fear selecting a player who could be genuinely world class but might have a few brainfarts over guaranteed ok.

England U20's at times play some lovely rugby. It can be a bit error strewn at times but the style is great to watch. The seniors? Not so much. It feels too much playing by numbers and statistics rather than any real knowledge and understanding of the game.

Been saying that in one form or another for the past 5 - 8 years? Before their impressive 'run' of wins ended, I suggested a few times, that the one area they still continued to look 'fair' (instead of very good?) was the back row, specifically, the singular and constant refusal of the last few coaches to choose a balanced backrow with a 'proper' openside forward?
When Jones was appointed, my first thoughts were that at last, he'll see the perennial problem and instantly fix it? Yet, I don't think that the likes of Kvesic has even been in the squad has he? (I stand to be corrected but, certainly never selected?) Robshaw is/was/never has been, a world rated open-side and never will be. It seems that a jack-of-all-trades is preferred at one of the most important positions in modern rugby? I think that you had Morgan, then Vunipola, both carrying 8's and both eye-catchers, actually hiding the fact that any 8 (including Hughes now?) that makes big charges, making metres every time, covered-up the shortfall?
It's probably, without exaggerating too much, the one position that could actually make England a helluva lot more competitive at the breakdown? I think the question has to be put to Eddie, and he needs to answer why no 7 selection?
He's pretty adept though, at highlighting 'problems' by referring to other positions? The likes of May et al, even if off form, doesn't explain the problems at the breakdown?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:

It is so easy to play the pc card by being pc yourself.

:shock: Nearly all of us have a perception of the man that is based on a hunch from the snippets of information we have, depending on the context, I wouldn't care about him calling Wales a shitty little country. However, it appears you have a more informed opinion of the man and if even half of what you say is true then what a twat.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
BigRed wrote:

In a way, Jones is similar to Gatland. Both are welded to particular approaches and are stubborn in refusing to change their modus operandi.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next