It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm

French team for Wales 
World XV Player

Post French team for Wales
20 yr old La Roc hooker Bourgarit called up into the french squad because of injury concerns to Capt Guirado. That would be a BIG blow if he's out he is one of their dynamos. I'd bet Basta will be Capt if he's out. Basta has been a good Toulon Capt recently and is popular in the french team.

Itturia 2nd row has been called up because 2nd row Taofifenua is injured. This is a good replacement ...in fact Ituuria is probably one of the best but was dropped after Edin post match disciplining. He is the first to be recalled. The rest apparently stay removed and any other replacements like one for FB Bonneval (Pls!!) look unlikely !!

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... ele/883623

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:29 pm
thread ruining clique

Post Re: French team for Wales
As long as Terry Thomas stays on the naughty step for one more game, I'll be happy. He looks a proper handful.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:49 pm
World XV Player

Bonneval forfeit...Hooray!

Form player Huget in

Probably means fallible Fall at FB ? Ugh!

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 am
World XV Player

BBC Sport state Guirado out...that's A BIG hit !!

French press report 2 options for Bonneval replacement.

Palis to FB (he's iffy) or Fickou to wing (he's a centre) and fallible Fall to FB (comments above)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/43375054

PS they've called up Huget who is an in form wing yet they may picka centre in that position?? :scratch:

Somewhat typical .. a bigger swing to a Wales win ...

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm
World XV Player

As predicted Fall FB, Slimani benched, Fickou wing , Basta captain

Etc

Le XV de départ des Bleus :
Fall – Fickou, Bastareaud (cap.), Doumayrou, Grosso – (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Machenaud – Camara, Tauleigne, Lauret – Vahaamahina, Gabrillagues – Gomes Sa, Pélissié, Poirot.
Remplaçants: Chat, Priso, Slimani, Le Roux, Babillot, Couilloud, Beauxis, Palis.

Just increased Wales winning margin

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am
World XV Player

France got 8pt start from the bookies.......

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The above french changes have a positive effect imo for Wales, as follows :

Whilst Bonneval has been poor Fall is fragile at FB, Fickou is a centre, they called up Huget the in form wing but they have picked Fickou there...he is a class player but is vulnerable and inexperienced at wing and not really a fit for the back 3 in that respect.

Guirado missing speaks for itself, one of the best hookers in the World and Capt. Pelissié is raw and a 'late' international, Chat good in the loose but poor lineout throw?

Slimani to bench means he's on at the wrong time, his speciality is scrumaging and he's ponderous 'about the park'.. just when Fra needs more mobility as oppenents usually tale 'last 20' advantage.

They called up one of the disciplined 2nd rows .. he's one of the best but they haven't picked him in the squad.

Beauxis retained on the bench ...nuff said.

In total ... if Fra were +8 before they're +15 now ;)

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Whilst Bonneval has been poor Fall is fragile at FB, Fickou is a centre, they called up Huget the in form wing but they have picked Fickou there...he is a class player but is vulnerable and inexperienced at wing and not really a fit for the back 3 in that respect.

Guirado missing speaks for itself, one of the best hookers in the World and Capt. Pelissié is raw and a 'late' international, Chat good in the loose but poor lineout throw?

Slimani to bench means he's on at the wrong time, his speciality is scrumaging and he's ponderous 'about the park'.. just when Fra needs more mobility as oppenents usually tale 'last 20' advantage.

They called up one of the disciplined 2nd rows .. he's one of the best but they haven't picked him in the squad.

Would you still say its a physical and intimidating pack Tel?

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Would you still say its a physical and intimidating pack Tel?

Guirado will be a big miss in that respect ... his tackle count is amongst the highest consistent average and he leads attack often and well. The starting set up will be ok if not as strong but bthe bench will weaken it. If I were Gatland I would pack a powerful bench and go for glory 2nd half!!

PS : I see Basta as Capt not to be a problem despite disciplinary probs he Captains Toulon well and is a popular Fra player and does provide impetus ie leading from the front.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm