It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Wales Team for France 
International Player

Post Re: Wales Team for France
For the first time in this years six nations Wales pick the strongest team available. Francis is much better than Lee. Glad steff Evans is out of team he needs to improve in all aspects to start for wales. Wales will win this one 100%.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Gatland reverts to type shocker, when they are fit he will always go with his old favorites, because of experience don't you know, he only knows how to play the game one way. All this evolving stuff is a load of crap, its warrenball and nothing else.
Injuries forced him to pick the sides he put out earlier.
The only way we will get to see a new style of play is with a new coach, in the mean time we will have to see what he can do with this hybrid warrenball we have now.

Happy with the team apart from Biggar, someone should let him know its a team game, and to keep his big trap shut.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
There is more strength-in-depth in the sense that drop-off in quality between first/second/third choices doesn't seem to be as dramatic as a few years ago. The question is whether we are talking about very good players of a similar level in each position or merely average ones.

You do really come up with some beauties :D

The issue is that if there has been a big drop in the first team standard (which there has been), this in part accounts for the second team looking only relatively less weak.

Which, in a roundabout way, is actually my point - the gap between first and second choices may be smaller than in the past, but that isn't necessarily a good thing if the first choices are not so good in the first place.

But you said we had more strength in depth. I'm not sure we do?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 am
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Gatland reverts to type shocker, when they are fit he will always go with his old favorites, because of experience don't you know, he only knows how to play the game one way. All this evolving stuff is a load of crap, its warrenball and nothing else.
The only way we will get to see a new style of play is with a new coach.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

What happened to all that talk from Gatland about the 6 Nations being over for us and now it's time to experiment? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43184273

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 pm
World XV Player

I think he thought that France would fail to beat England.

That's only a guess mind - you might have another version of the truth, Phibes.

BTW, you clearly want Wales to lose the France game and not come second overall.

If that happens you will continue to slag Gatland off and totally ignore his stunningly good results with the Lions.

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Regional Player

There's £2,000,000 prize money riding on second place so I imagine the 'now is the time to experiment' scenario being taken out of Gats hands.

Not an excuse I know but may be the reason?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's only money, compadre.

The WRU let Ireland off a bigger pile of moolah than that without a care in the world.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:45 pm
World XV Player

Delano wrote:
There's £2,000,000 prize money riding on second place so I imagine the 'now is the time to experiment' scenario being taken out of Gats hands.

How do you calculate £2m difference, what placings are you assuming ?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:45 pm
World XV Player

Right.

Time for a siesta.

Tatty bye.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:49 pm
World XV Player

Gartland has to pick a team he believes can win , the 2018 6 Nations is the competition Wales are playing in not some future WC , a couple of players are in that I would not have picked , but I can always blame someone else ,the buck stops with him.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
The only way we will get to see a new style of play is with a new coach, in the mean time we will have to see what he can do with this hybrid warrenball we have now.

Happy with the team apart from Biggar, someone should let him know its a team game, and to keep his big trap shut.

Hybrid Warrenball. That's a good one. Is that a more expansive method of play compared with the "head down,arse up and charge" ploy of recent times. Could you please name a team that hasn't adopted this effective approach during virtually all of the current Six Nations.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Gatland has gone back to what he knows

He has always been a fan of physicality, contact, gainline, size etc

The dual openside thing is a red herring. Navidi is primarily a defensive player and tipuric has been picked over shingler as he offers more round the ruck

It’s a disheartening selection as wales have been off the pace for a good few years playing contact based rugby, then a regional side comes along with basically the polar opposite of it, the national coaches got on the bandwagon but couldn’t implement the same thing at national level, now we are back to a side playing contact rugby

Wales may win the game but if they were to play England and Ireland they would still lose. The manner and reasons for the defeat would be different due to the side picked

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

They don't have to worry about England or Ireland for another Year , Ffs we are going to play France , that is the game we need to be concentrating on , you cannot play tomorrow's games today .

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Delano wrote:

How do you calculate £2m difference, what placings are you assuming ?

I'm not assuming anything Tel, simply stating that there is potential to lose £2m prize money should results pan out in a certain way.

As I said, no assumptions on my part but if is pans out that Wales lose and do not pick up any bonus points and England lose but pick up 2 bonus points and then Scotland simply win we'll end up in 5th place as opposed to us winning and ending up in 2nd.

Source for below figures is WOL:

Grand Slam: £5.5m

1st: £4.5m

2nd: £3.3m

3rd: £2.3m

4th: £1.8m

5th: £1.3m

6th: £800,000

If no team wins the Grand Slam, each of the other teams gets an extra £200,0000

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Gatland has gone back to what he knows

He has always been a fan of physicality, contact, gainline, size etc

The dual openside thing is a red herring. Navidi is primarily a defensive player and tipuric has been picked over shingler as he offers more round the ruck

It’s a disheartening selection as wales have been off the pace for a good few years playing contact based rugby, then a regional side comes along with basically the polar opposite of it, the national coaches got on the bandwagon but couldn’t implement the same thing at national level, now we are back to a side playing contact rugby

Wales may win the game but if they were to play England and Ireland they would still lose. The manner and reasons for the defeat would be different due to the side picked

Again I agree with your post, to me its like the Welsh coaches realise the global game ad moved to offence but cant release the reins from defence

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next