It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 pm

How confident are you for France next week? 
World XV Player

Post Re: How confident are you for France next week?
Pick you first team back , with a balance to the back row, and run them off their feet and STOP KICKING

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 am
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
How big a threat is basteraue (sp) is it worth putting a big hard tackler in the centre at the cost of some attacking ability.

I had a funny old vision then, of Samson Lee at inside centre and Adam Jones at 13!! Then, my brain cleared and maybe, just maybe, having 60 minutes of the Doc on the field? To be fair, he always nullified Basta in the past?
Not so daft to think that way Jim but, I've noticed that young Watkin seems to have bulked-up a fair bit this season? So, that 'change' is already there for us perhaps?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 am
World XV Player

Probably the way to beat France is with some speed. If we go with a my dads bigger than your dad approach we will come unstuck. We don’t have the players to do that anyway

Massive test again for a front five who aren’t at the level they need to be. Hopefully they have learned from past experiences and can impose themselves on the game. We need more from Cory hill and rob Evans against top opposition. Both tight heads probably do just about enough. Despite the flack I give Francis he has done ok up to now... I just wish he would look like an athlete

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There is no doubt about it, if Wales become embroiled in an arm wrestle, we will lose.

The front 5 just needs to hold up, no more. Win primary possession, carry as best we can when needed and try and stretch the French. They should tire i the last quarter and if we are ahead going into that, we will win.

I was very confident and even thought a BP was more than possible a few weeks ago. This is now a close game, perhaps with Wales slight favourites.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
How big a threat is basteraue (sp) is it worth putting a big hard tackler in the centre at the cost of some attacking ability.

The rush defence needs to get to him before he builds up momentum. If he starts to pick up momentum, the way the Scarlets managed him last year was to send in one tackler just to slow him down and the second guy in actually made the tackle. A bit like the nature films when the Lions take down the Buffalo. I think it's the only way.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am
World XV Player

Job for Lydiate, or Navidi

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

The rush defence needs to get to him before he builds up momentum. If he starts to pick up momentum, the way the Scarlets managed him last year was to send in one tackler just to slow him down and the second guy in actually made the tackle. A bit like the nature films when the Lions take down the Buffalo. I think it's the only way.

In which case it still takes 2.

Scarlets Club level is different to Intl level?

2 threats imo ...Fra will target Wales 10 ...they did a job on Ford....who's the strongest 10 to take the hits? For me that might be a key Q?

Also, as stated, Basta's newer image now is also to quick pass the attempts to tackle and to charge less...

Eng picked Teo to counter him and he came second best.

See french team for wales ..Bonneval out, Huget in and a classic french faux pas selection at FB may well be on its way :kermit:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 am
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:

Lydiate way past sell date

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm