It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
6N - Wales v Italy Sun 11/03/2018 
World XV Player

Post Re: 6N - Wales v Italy Sun 11/03/2018
Big And Dull wrote:
Someone needs to tell Steff that he doesn't need to try and score EVERY time he has the ball, Shane was a bit like that in his early days but he slowly learned when to and when not to pop up in the line and was a far far better player for it

:clap:

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 pm
thread ruining clique

Clearly on my own, but I thought Steff had a good game, along with North, Hadleigh and Bradley.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm
World XV Player

Decent win

Selection up in the air at the moment. AWJ, Falatau, Gareth Davies, North and probably halfpenny and the rest is anyone’s guess

The handling and intent is really promising

Gatland will have to solve the problem of possession. We give away too much of it and spend large portions of the game defending. Either the more mobile pack fronts up or someone like Lydiate, warburton and Ball (when fit) will have to come in. Hopefully it will be the first

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I thought the backrow was a success, especially during the 2 yellow card periods.

Given the 10 changes from the last game, I don't think we could have expected more. The scoreline was more or less what the bookies predicted.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Clearly on my own, but I thought Steff had a good game, along with North, Hadleigh and Bradley.

He had a very good attack, but was several times out of position in defense. Only twice I think it mattered, but had the ball/play gone a different rout would have been critical.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Decent win

Selection up in the air at the moment. AWJ, Falatau, Gareth Davies, North and probably halfpenny and the rest is anyone’s guess

Gatland will have to solve the problem of possession. We give away too much of it and spend large portions of the game defending. Either the more mobile pack fronts up or someone like Lydiate, warburton and Ball (when fit) will have to come in. Hopefully it will be the first

I would chose Webb over Gareth Davies every time, and also Biggar v France with Patch on the bench.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:

Don't think he played badly he was just over enthusiastic and was getting the ball where there was no space only big lumps of Italian beef and from memory seemed to turn a lot of ball over. Still he is the sort of player who can make you cream your pants in a split second, the game needs players like that

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We are often ambitious and sometimes inventive in attack, which is good to see but as has been observed we need much more possession than we currently win and we still kick badly at times. We also lack carriers. Still essential, even in a more open game.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Who was the blonde in the crowd after Tips' try? Yummy

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
soap wrote:
Freddierabbit wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
We tend to lose the ball when Steff goes into contact

Have to agree - looks good for the Scarlets but has had enough chances with Wales. Not up to it at International level.

I think he is going to be worth persevering with. His defense is a little weak now, but I think he will grow into it in a couple of seasons, so if he is chosen for the right games he will be up there with shane

Halfpenny showed a little of his old speed today, Liam I think is still a very good full back, but I think Gats will punish him for his behaviour today-reminded me of the test in SA when he lost us the game.

Yes definitely more zip from Halfpenny which was good to see. It will be fascinating to find out Gatland’s selection for the France game

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just watched the game again. Surprised at how many tries we left out there. Gareth Davies' try (from Steff's chip through) disallowed for marginal offside, Hadleigh's try disallowed cos the TMO didn't have a clear view and North denied a hatrick because of a knock on at the maul.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm
thread ruining clique

Big And Dull wrote:
Who was the blonde in the crowd after Tips' try? Yummy

That was me :love4:

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Decent win

I would chose Webb over Gareth Davies every time, and also Biggar v France with Patch on the bench.

Not sure on the latter as that would suit France all day

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
soap wrote:
Decent win

Biggar is yesterday's man. I liked Anscombe today I thought he played really well. He made the second highest number of tackles today, surpassed only by James Davies. As regards Patchell, he really set the backline on fire when he came on. The most capable of our 10's at getting the ball wide and quickly.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
soap wrote:
Decent win

Biggar is yesterday's man. I liked Anscombe today I thought he played really well. He made the second highest number of tackles today, surpassed only by James Davies. As regards Patchell, he really set the backline on fire when he came on. The most capable of our 10's at getting the ball wide and quickly.

Tackles in isolation is a naked stat?

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next