It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
6N - Wales v Italy Sun 11/03/2018 
World XV Player

Post Re: 6N - Wales v Italy Sun 11/03/2018
After the initial bright spell, the rest of the first-half seemed to be like those AIs Wales play against Georgia, Japan, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga etc. with second-string teams and only just about win. All the same, they did improve somewhat in the second-half, apart from some really annoying handling errors, and Cory Hill's try just after half-time was a very important momentum turner, especially with Wales being a man down. That said, when are Italy going to play a match when they don't tire or fall asleep in the second-half themselves? Much more generally, the fact Italy lost quite badly against a quasi-second string Wales that did not even really play that well - and thus for the fourth time in five years win the wooden spoon - once again makes me think that promotion/relegation/play-offs for the 6N should be brought into consideration.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
soap wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Decent win

Selection up in the air at the moment. AWJ, Falatau, Gareth Davies, North and probably halfpenny and the rest is anyone’s guess

The handling and intent is really promising

Gatland will have to solve the problem of possession. We give away too much of it and spend large portions of the game defending. Either the more mobile pack fronts up or someone like Lydiate, warburton and Ball (when fit) will have to come in. Hopefully it will be the first

I would chose Webb over Gareth Davies every time, and also Biggar v France with Patch on the bench.

Not sure on the latter as that would suit France all day

Biggar is yesterday's man. I liked Anscombe today I thought he played really well. He made the second highest number of tackles today, surpassed only by James Davies. As regards Patchell, he really set the backline on fire when he came on. The most capable of our 10's at getting the ball wide and quickly.

Agree on both counts.
If the new style of play is to be a success, and there were some good signs out there yesterday, then for me Anscombe needs to be given a run starting at 10; and i think Patchell would also then benefit and be able to develop at this level, getting some game time under less pressure coming off the bench.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 am
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
After the initial bright spell, the rest of the first-half seemed to be like those AIs Wales play against Georgia, Japan, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga etc. with second-string teams and only just about win. All the same, they did improve somewhat in the second-half, apart from some really annoying handling errors, and Cory Hill's try just after half-time was a very important momentum turner, especially with Wales being a man down. That said, when are Italy going to play a match when they don't tire or fall asleep in the second-half themselves? Much more generally, the fact Italy lost quite badly against a quasi-second string Wales that did not even really play that well - and thus for the fourth time in five years win the wooden spoon - once again makes me think that promotion/relegation/play-offs for the 6N should be brought into consideration.

I will probably get lots of people diagreeing on this point, but I think Itapy are better than any of those teams you mention.

The performance yesterday wasn't perfect but I felt it had more intensity than some of the fourth Autumn International games you mention. It was a bit sloppy but I didn't feel it was complaisent. There were a lot of players wanting to prove themsevles, a lot of first starters, first caps and players who have been out of the squad. The performance was what you would expect given that.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43366155

Enjoy.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm
Regional Junior Player

I thought we sharpened and speeded up when Patchell and Davies came on - more the Scarletts way.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There was no point in the game where I thought we won't get a win BP , yes they got 2 tries , that is their average , they could not score when we were men down , lots of positives .

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Special mention to Parkes. The absolute midfield general. 2 tries. Lovely pass for Tips try. First name on the team sheet for me.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ewloe wrote:
I thought we sharpened and speeded up when Patchell and Davies came on - more the Scarletts way.

Kicking the ball dead from his first penalty was a shame.

And the headless chickens in the last 5 or ten minutes all lost the ball.

Italy loved it.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 am
Regional Junior Player

And scored a couple of tries in their 15 minutes allowed.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18