It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:28 pm

The problem with Bigger?? 
Regional Junior Player

Post The problem with Bigger??
Not sure what has already been said about this but when Bigger is with Northampton next season, he will have to miss many Welsh training sessions during the preceding six nations (as has happened with Owen Williams). Gatland rightly wants his 10 available for all sessions, and it seems he will have to apply the same logic next six nations to Bigger as he has with Williams. It seems inconceivable to consider Bigger as the RWC 10 when he has not been selected for the preceding six nations.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Post Re: The problem with Bigger??
Think he made his transfer before the sixty cap thing came in, so it won't affect him. Could be wrong, though.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 pm
Regional Junior Player

spinbreath wrote:
Think he made his transfer before the sixty cap thing came in, so it won't affect him. Could be wrong, though.

That’s irrelevant though as I understand it. If Northampton want him back, like Gloucester have had Williams back, then he won’t be available for a large number the training sessions during the six nations. Yes Gats could select him, but would he be available to train?

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

redpodrhys wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

That’s irrelevant though as I understand it. If Northampton want him back, like Gloucester have had Williams back, then he won’t be available for a large number the training sessions during the six nations. Yes Gats could select him, but would he be available to train?

I think that is part of the thinking behind thew 60 caps thing. He will have trained 60 times so will not be missing out on much.
Besides, he usually sets the plays not follows.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

soap wrote:
redpodrhys wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

I think that is part of the thinking behind thew 60 caps thing. He will have trained 60 times so will not be missing out on much.

Yes I guess he can practice kicking the ball to opposition in his back garden.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

redpodrhys wrote:

Like Eddie Edwards. :D

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 pm
Site Admin

redpodrhys wrote:
soap wrote:
redpodrhys wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

He doesn't need to practice that :thefinger:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What kind of release clause is in his contract .

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

redpodrhys wrote:
Not sure what has already been said about this but when Bigger is with Northampton next season, he will have to miss many Welsh training sessions during the preceding six nations .

Oh yeah?

Your intimate knowledge of his contract with Northants does you great credit.

Can you put it up on here?

:kermit:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 am
Regional Junior Player

Bouch wrote:
redpodrhys wrote:
Not sure what has already been said about this but when Bigger is with Northampton next season, he will have to miss many Welsh training sessions during the preceding six nations .

Oh yeah?

Possibly one with the same release back to club clauses during the 6 nations, as has been negotiated with other English based players (ie North, Williams, Faletau).

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Bouch wrote:
redpodrhys wrote:

Oh yeah?

Possibly one with the same release back to club clauses during the 6 nations, as has been negotiated with other English based players (ie North, Williams, Faletau).

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

soap wrote:

I think that is part of the thinking behind the 60 caps thing. He will have trained 60 times so will not be missing out on much.

If that is part of the logic it reveals the Gatland mentality and his lack of enthusiasm and commitment to developing the way Wales play.
Don't worry if you miss a training session it will have been the same as the one you did last year/five years ago. :shock:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
soap wrote:

I think that is part of the thinking behind the 60 caps thing. He will have trained 60 times so will not be missing out on much.

If that is part of the logic it reveals the Gatland mentality and his lack of enthusiasm and commitment to developing the way Wales play.
Don't worry if you miss a training session it will have been the same as the one you did last year/five years ago. :shock:

Surprised at that comment from you TBH :dontknow:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:59 pm
International Player

Keith L wrote:
eog wrote:
soap wrote:

Surprised at that comment from you TBH :dontknow:

Why?

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The real problem with Biggar is how much he whines to the ref, it's really irritating to watch. He's a pretty solid player but the constant throwing his arms out and shouting at the ref is just pathetic.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 am
Profile E-mail