It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
France v England 
World XV Player

Post France v England
Eddie Jones hinting at changes at Half back, centre and in the back row in what he's saying might be a weather effected slogathon.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... ix-nations

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am
World XV Player

Post Re: France v England
2 vs 10? The weather is the only thing that could keep this close.

England to regain their mojo after the shock loss.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm
World XV Player

French team squad awaited, disciplined 8 remain excluded.
That and extensive injury list, exclusion of form players, and not forgetting internal rancour and contention suggests a v high score loss.

These days a home France fixture doesn't carry much weight.

:roll:

Hopefully a stronger representative squad v Wales.

Bookies have it Eng by 7 which I think is very understated!!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:02 pm
Youth Player

What no hand grenades from Baldy yet? he's been quiet this week, wonder why?

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Jack Nowell and Sam Underhill are out injured in training. Haskell to the bench :wtf: Dylan Hartley is doubtful, they've called Luke Cowan Dickie in from Exeter, he's better than Hartley anyhow. Young Farrell is now El Capitano and will be steering the good ship. He really will if the weather is to be believed.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:14 pm
Site Admin

simondavis wrote:
Jack Nowell and Sam Underhill are out injured in training. Haskell to the bench :wtf: Dylan Hartley is doubtful, they've called Luke Cowan Dickie in from Exeter, he's better than Hartley anyhow. Young Farrell is now El Capitano and will be steering the good ship. He really will if the weather is to be believed.
Though I heard on the news Hartley is out.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
simondavis wrote:

I hope he is. he's crap. Mind you, the link is from The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... ons-france

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 pm
World XV Player

I reckon France will win this.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

That would be fun and Scotland to beat Ireland to set up next weekend

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:52 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Hartley is the cowardly SCHOOL BULLY YOU MET AT SCHOOL , HIT HIM IN THE FACE AND HE WILL FOLD.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Old Fart wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
simondavis wrote:

Hartley is the cowardly SCHOOL BULLY YOU MET AT SCHOOL , HIT HIM IN THE FACE AND HE WILL FOLD.

You rather than me mate! He does have previous on giving and taking it. Besides, he might be past his best as a player but Eddie likes his leadership mojo. it's a bummer that Sam Underhill is not fit, he has to sort that back row to win a World Cup and I would have liked to have seen two thirds of it on Saturday.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm
World XV Player

Would normally feel ok about this game, France now just rely on putting out the biggest players they can and playing bulldozer rugby. I'd normally back England to deal with that but last years unconvincing win and this year being unable to turn the ball over, if the French have any tactical nous they will just hold on to possession and rely on the fact England will just concede ground repeatedly and offer minimal threat of a turnover, even on an isolated player.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

1 change for France, Beauxis doesn't start...that was deserved!
Otherwise same .. I don't support that ...

Fickou is better and faster than Doumayrou, Ramos is a better FB than Bonneval, Chat is a much better hooker than Pélissié! Fall as previously stated is fallible (sorry!) and an injury waiting to happen, again , ..again

Regarding the continued 8 disciplined players : I agree to discipline ..but continued absence is cutting off nose to spite face and is false psychology and putting progress at risk. I think that it is false psyche to just pick a winning team.... Selection should be geared to being able to what's going to be in front of you. The England match is HUGE for France...'Le Crunch' is the name!

Teddy Thomas is the best try scoring option, Lamerat is a better centre than Doumayrou who can't hack international level, Itturia is the best 2nd row in France, Slimani is running on past reputation, Bellau although young and inexperienced is better than Beauxis who loked uninterested in the last match ...was picked for pen taking and didn't take anys pens :scratch: etc

No more gripe about injuries it been noted ad nauseam

Amen

Le quinze de France : 15. Bonneval ; 14. Fall, 13. Bastareaud, 12. Doumayrou, 11. Grosso ; 10. Trinh-Duc, 9. Machenaud ; 7. Camara, 8. Tauleigne, 6. Lauret ; 5. Vahaamahina, 4. Gabrillagues ; 3. Slimani, 2. Guirado, 1. Poirot.

Remplaçants : 16. Pélissié, 17. Priso, 18. Gomes Sa, 19. Taofifenua, 20. Galletier, 21. Couilloud, 22. Beauxis, 23. Fickou.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am
World XV Player

Looking at the eng selection....I smell punch ups and confrontation ??

especially from the brnch, cue Marler, Sinckler, Haskell, Simmonds, ;)

Farrel capt, Brown dropped Te'o to look after Basta ...

Le Crunch may be aptly named ... :D
----------

Bonneval; Fall, Bastareaud, Doumayrou, Grosso; Trinh-Duc, Machenaud; Poirot, Guirado (capt), Slimani, Gabrillagues, Vahaamhina, Lauret, Camara, Tauleigne.

Replacements: Pelissie, Priso, Gomes, Taofifenua, Galletier, Couilloud, Beauxis, Fickou.

England: Watson; May, Te'o, Farrell (capt), Daly; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, George, Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Hughes.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Marler, Sinckler, Haskell, Simmonds, Wigglesworth, Joseph, Brown.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am
Regional Player

If we want to win this we are going to have to compete at the breakdown! If we gift phase possession to France they will simply hit us with pick and goes and big one out runners to win the gain line.

We need to keep a high ball in play time, make sure the tempo is high, and the phase count against them likewise. Get them moving around with play in the wide channels, sensible kicks to turn them and keep them moving, yet also ensuring spaces exist in the wide channels by taking it through the forwards when needed.

If we can do the above I expect us to move away from them in the final 1/3. If they dictate the pace and possession then this will be an arm wrestle and tight as a banjo!

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next