It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm

France v Italy 
World XV Player

Post France v Italy
Team :

Bonneval (Toulon) - Fall (Montpellier), Bastareaud (Toulon), Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Grosso (Clermont) - (o) Beauxis (Lyon), (m) Machenaud (Racing 92) - Y. Camara (Montpellier), Tauleigne (Bordeaux-Bègles), Lauret (Racing 92) - Vahaamahina (Clermont), Gabrillagues (Stade Français) - Slimani (Clermont), Guirado (Toulon, cap.), Poirot (Bordeaux-Bègles). Remplaçants : Pelissié (Bordeaux-Bègles), Priso (La Rochelle), Gomes Sa (Racing 92), R. Taofifenua (Toulon), Galletier (Montpellier), Couilloud (Lyon), Trinh-Duc (Toulon), Fickou (Toulouse).

Don't know what to say other than help!

Absentees as promised, Bonneval (weak in defence in at FB), Basta back after suspension, Vakatawa dropped i...and Thomas discipline absent, Grosso and injury vehicle Fall on wings, Gabrillaques replaces disciplined and injured IUturria in 2nd row, Pelissé stays hooker on bench instead of much better now match fit Chat, young Couilloud replaces Serin on bench 9, Trinh-Duc back on bench 10 for disciplined Bellau, positively Fickou at centre in squad .. should've started ..in fine form.

Help !

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: France v Italy
I'm sure Conor O'Shea is looking forward to his second major scalp as Italy coach then.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

I can't see anything other than an Italian win.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Picking Brunel as national coach is possibly the most regressive appointment by an international union since Wales employing Gareth Jenkins.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tyleri82 wrote:
Picking Brunel as national coach is possibly the most regressive appointment by an international union since Wales employing Gareth Jenkins.

Only Laporte thinks otherwise :D

For this one, The Velodrome could be the saving grace?

Much better Stadium and atmosphere. than Stade devFrance.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:31 am
World XV Player

PS Barnes refs and it's a friday 20:00 kick off for the bottom feeders....

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 am
World XV Player

Seriously if France cannot beat this Italy side they may as well pack up and go home now.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Seriously if France cannot beat this Italy side they may as well pack up and go home now.

50 selections over 5 games ....by Vernons Pools perms and coms got to
win something sooner than later mun :D

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:

It beggars belief that a major rugby power (if France can still be described as such? :twisted: ) can *fupp* up so spectacularly on such a key appointment in this day and age, especially when you see the effect that the likes Joe Schmit and Eddie Jones have had on Ireland and England in recent years.
Having said that England had a succession of iffy coaches for the best part of a decade after Woodward retired, it seemed to me in large part due to their then insistence on only picking an Englishman for the job.

Tel,
Is that still an issue in France, i.e. is there resistance (or even outright refusal?) there to countenance the appointment of a foreign born national coach?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:18 pm
Site Admin

Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:

It beggars belief that a major rugby power (if France can still be described as such? :twisted: ) can *fupp* up so spectacularly on such a key appointment in this day and age, especially when you see the effect that the likes Joe Schmit and Eddie Jones have had on Ireland and England in recent years.
Having said that England had a succession of iffy coaches for the best part of a decade after Woodward retired, it seemed to me in large part due to their then insistence on only picking an Englishman for the job.

Tel,
Is that still an issue in France, i.e. is there resistance (or even outright refusal?) there to countenance the appointment of a foreign born national coach?
That would be ironic if you consider the number of foreign players playing in French club teams

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:

Tel,

David, do you have an hour or so ;)

Lapôrte has his back against the wall ... with the public, in spades

post his action in not only firing Noves but accusing him of delinquency and hence without any compensation on his contrat ... it is going to Industrial Tribunal which Noves will probably win but it delays payment and also doesn't allow Noves any interim claim of benefits etc!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Also formally as posted in the France section ...with a legal process examining privileged treatment of Altrad President of Montpelier in findings after a Fixture issue. Later transpired that he had a separate business deal with Altrad who is also the contracted sponsor of the french jersey. Now formal legal proceedings are in process

-----------------------------------------------------------

Laporte's career is interesting :

-Coach of Stade Francais ..successful but never got the Euro Cop despite coming close

-French coach 2007 W Cup etc ... oft blamed for reverting the french traditional style into a more defensive onus

-Minister of Sport in the Sarkosy Govt ... didn't last long

-Several business affair tribunals

-Dir of Rugby Toulon .. 3 Euro Cups

-New President FFR ...immediately cancelling the proposed FFR New Stadium (France Fed don't own their own stadium and have reduced comparison income) Now the FFR is being sued for millions by Region and immediate area of proposed Stadium for expenses and lack of proposed income etc! In fairness has challenged the Clubs into a better deal for International release but the war continues. Has been accused since his Presidency into sticking his nose too much in direct in National playing affairs. Brunel the new Coach is his crony and they performed together when he was French National Coach.
----------------------------------------------------

-Now the additional recent items mentioned above

Hmmm.... :scratch: ;)

The attitude towards a Foreign Coach :

Amongst the public, not a problem, amongst the Blazers one suspects so!!

A lot of people think; me included that Mallet would've been ideal a long time ago, Stade Francais Coach, a francophile etc and just the job !! Never thought of ..

There were rumours of Woodward ...

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:37 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cotter would've been an excellent choice ... did well to resuscitate Sco and was excellent Clermont Coach (Schmidt was his assistant there) and is very popular and completely au fait with french culture.

Altrad saw it and snapped him up .. Mop currently top of Top14 ;)

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm
World XV Player

Steve Tandy's available?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

tyleri82 wrote:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

tyleri82 wrote:

You know England don't like to be beaten at anything, even if it is the 'we picked the shittest coach' award, I think Martin Johnson pips even Gareth Jenkins!

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW