It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6741
Post Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
Venue: Aviva Stadium, Dublin Date: Saturday, 24 February Kick-off: 14:15 GMT
Coverage: Live on S4C, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Cymru & BBC Sport website and BBC Sport app, plus live text commentary

Ireland team: TBA

Wales team: Halfpenny (Scarlets); L Williams (Saracens), S Williams (Scarlets), Parkes (Scarlets), S Evans (Scarlets); Biggar (Ospreys), G Davies (Scarlets); R Evans (Scarlets), Owens (Scarlets), Lee (Scarlets), Hill (Dragons), AW Jones (Ospreys capt), Shingler (Scarlets), Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Moriarty (Gloucester).

Replacements: Dee (Dragons), W Jones (Scarlets), Francis (Exeter Chiefs), B Davies (Ospreys), Tipuric (Ospreys), A Davies (Scarlets), Anscombe (Blues), North (Northampton).


Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
I get the impression you can't wait for this game. ;)


Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 19725
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
I think he's putting his towel down on the match thread. :D

_________________
Wubba dubba dub dub


Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6741
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
I just like to see all the salient points at the beginning of a thread.
Saves one scratching around for the details.
Team Wales players?
Team Opponents players?
What channel is the game being broadcast?
What ground is the match being played at?
What time is kickoff?
Match Officials?
And, etc.


Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6741
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
BigRed wrote:
I just like to see all the salient points at the beginning of a thread.
Saves one scratching around for the details.
Team Wales players?
Team Opponents players?
What channel is the game being broadcast?
What ground is the match being played at?
What time is kickoff?
Match Officials?
And, etc.

I jumped the gun because I couldn't find the Irish team.
I posted and thought I could do an edit to include the Irish team but the Irish haven't announced their team yet. :D


Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 7130
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
You gun jumper you!

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
You forgot the projected weather forecast as well, could make all the difference, and who's the ref??


Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13718
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
You forgot the projected weather forecast as well, could make all the difference, and who's the ref??


Glen Jackson ref = 'S Hemp confusion' but Irish breakdown will out, they always do ... :D

Cue LE

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3608
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
I am not very excited by the prospect of Biggar at 10 and Parkes at 12

We have some excitement at wing however


Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am
Posts: 950
Location: Leinster
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
I just like to see all the salient points at the beginning of a thread.
Saves one scratching around for the details.
Team Wales players?
Team Opponents players?
What channel is the game being broadcast?
What ground is the match being played at?
What time is kickoff?
Match Officials?
And, etc.

I jumped the gun because I couldn't find the Irish team.
I posted and thought I could do an edit to include the Irish team but the Irish haven't announced their team yet. :D


Thursday around 1, Schmidt seems to wait until the last moment whilst Gatland seems to like to name the team early.

The officials are:

Referee Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant 1 Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant 2 Matthew Carley (England)
TMO Rowan Kitt (England)


Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6741
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
Fingal wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
I just like to see all the salient points at the beginning of a thread.
Saves one scratching around for the details.
Team Wales players?
Team Opponents players?
What channel is the game being broadcast?
What ground is the match being played at?
What time is kickoff?
Match Officials?
And, etc.

I jumped the gun because I couldn't find the Irish team.
I posted and thought I could do an edit to include the Irish team but the Irish haven't announced their team yet. :D


Thursday around 1, Schmidt seems to wait until the last moment whilst Gatland seems to like to name the team early.

The officials are:

Referee Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant 1 Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant 2 Matthew Carley (England)
TMO Rowan Kitt (England)

It could be that Gats is under pressure from the Regions to release players.


Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 239
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
spinbreath wrote:
I think he's putting his towel down on the match thread. :D


Must have a bit of German in him.


Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4708
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
Do the respective Universities no longer play each other?

They always used to contest a fixture on the eve of the main game itself.

Sean


Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 280
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
15. Rob Kearney
14. Keith Earls
13. Chris Farrell
12. Bundee Aki
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best (captain)
3. Andrew Porter
4. James Ryan
5. Devin Toner
6. Peter O’Mahony
7. Dan Leavy
8. CJ Stander
Replacements:
16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. John Ryan
19. Quinn Roux
20. Jack Conan
21. Kieran Marmion
22. Joey Carbery
23. Fergus McFadden

The expected Ireland team to be named.


Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4708
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland v Wales 24th Febraury 2018
Cathalsmart wrote:
15. Rob Kearney
14. Keith Earls
13. Chris Farrell
12. Bundee Aki
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best (captain)
3. Andrew Porter
4. James Ryan
5. Devin Toner
6. Peter O’Mahony
7. Dan Leavy
8. CJ Stander
Replacements:
16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. John Ryan
19. Quinn Roux
20. Jack Conan
21. Kieran Marmion
22. Joey Carbery
23. Fergus McFadden

The expected Ireland team to be named.


I'd have been tempted to start Carbery at 15; Kearney has lost a yard of pace.

Sean


Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RedCard and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: