It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 8:37 am

6 french players dropped for Edin fracas 
World XV Player

Post 6 french players dropped for Edin fracas
Players dropped and Teddy Thomas too Rémi Lamerat, Yacouba Camara, Arthur Iturria, Anthony Belleau, Louis Picamoles et Jonathan Danty

Thats an Italy win then

Sanctions sportives dans la liste
https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... aud/875493

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: 6 french players dropped for Edin fracas
^^^^^^

Teddy Thomas the try scoring winger was not involved in the fracas but has also been dropped :scratch:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:43 pm
World XV Player

Well it might give Italy a second win over a Tier One country under Conor O'Shea then...

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

My French isn't that great but I get the gist of it. What did they get up to? It doesn't say. Out on the piss and being nobbers were they?

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm
International Player

Scots under 20s backroom staff suspended for a dispute in a pub in Llandudno. Tis the season to be suspended.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/43052634

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's all a bit of a mystery...
First news broke that 6 french players were involved in an apparent sex allegation in a Club in Edin.
Story then ran that they were questioned by police and the plane was delayed.
Then it transpired that 6 were retained in Sco and returned to Fra the next day.
Police have stated that they were questioned as witnesses and no allegations have been made.

Squad announcement due on monday was delayed.

Squad has dropped 5 of the six mentioned players and the new mystery is that Teddy Thomas the french best player and try scorer in both matches has also been dropped from the squad and nobody seems to know why :scratch:

It appears that the 5 dropped have been disciplined for going on the piss after a disappointing defeat that didn't warrant exeuberance and let down the public given their recent unsatisfactory performance.

Dont know why Thomas isn't in the squad. Could just be injured .....

Net result is a further weakened squad and a public and Union that have been embarrassed by this turn of events.

It also relates to new Coach who repleced Noves who was sacked in a questionable process without any compensation that is now going to an Industrial Tribunal.

Remember too, as reported in the french section here, that the FFR Predident is under examination for his dealings with biillionaire Mop owner Altrad over accusations of privileged treatment and Altrad is also the new sponsor of the french jersey ...wouldn't be much competition given the current state of affairs and results? ;)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 pm
World XV Player

Teddy Thomas, must be a bit of Welsh in him Tel, :D

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 am
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Teddy Thomas, must be a bit of Welsh in him Tel, :D

;)

The investigation continues, ....the Clubs have also banned the eliminated players from playing this weekend. There is general opinion and some disgust and embarrassment that members of a a team that lost and performed poorly could exit afterwards and 'sin' in that manner.

All sorts of stories now circulate and there is a formal review of events and I would expect more sanctions.

The one pleasing aspect is that Clubs and Fed seem united for a change in positive open action.

They'll miss Thomas but currently a further mix ´n match will probably reach the same mediocre result :(

Key injuries apart (other teams are suffering similarly) there is no excuse. Indeed! the size of resource and inabilityt to develop excellent talent is disgraceful.

A very sorry, sad state of affairs

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
The investigation continues, ....the Clubs have also banned the eliminated players from playing this weekend. There is general opinion and some disgust and embarrassment that members of a a team that lost and performed poorly could exit afterwards and 'sin' in that manner.

All sorts of stories now circulate and there is a formal review of events and I would expect more sanctions.

The one pleasing aspect is that Clubs and Fed seem united for a change in positive open action.

They'll miss Thomas but currently a further mix ´n match will probably reach the same mediocre result :(

Key injuries apart (other teams are suffering similarly) there is no excuse. Indeed! the size of resource and inabilityt to develop excellent talent is disgraceful.

A very sorry, sad state of affairs

It appears now that some Clubs have reinforced the penalty and players not picked this weekend, others have decided other measures e>.g financial penalty and others seem to have just decided to play the offenders...

Such seems to be the importatance of Top14 points and positioning.

Sad, I think that an united front and a disciplined one was called for! :(

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:27 pm
Club Player

rhubarb

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Very strange goings-on, especially regarding Thomas, that's a head-scratcher for sure!! Shame is of course, it's a historic 'first' for the French, playing outside of Paris for the first time ever in the 6N??

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:38 pm