It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:29 am

Sam Moore 
World XV Player

Post Re: Sam Moore
I say the same as I say when we want a player who has grown up in England or Ireland. They should play for where they feel they belong.
There is no more Irish lad than Ruddock boy, but with his dad being a Wales international and coach to boot, he could easily have chosen wales.
Same here, home is where the heart is not whats on paper.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Otto wrote:
He got away that's for sure but, as CJ says, his heritage (alone) may be Welsh but, the lad is probably English in every aspect you could think of!! Can't have them all and he's far from being a Dewi Morris I suspect!! (Anyone remember him? he was Welsh in every way, language included, I don't think Dewi Morris spoke Welsh in the sense that he could have a conversation using it. A few words picked up while at Crughywel primary school I'd have thoughtuntil, he went up the smoke for 3 weeks and, having had a Saul-type conversion, somewhere between Abergavenny and Witney on the old A40, he became an English sensation who thought 'Boys Bach' became Roys Arse' or something like that!!)

There are quite a few who had one parent or both parents that were Welsh but born in England, born in Wales with one or both parents being English, one Dewi, rhymes with Louie born and raised in Wales with both parents being Welsh.
I can't think of any player who spoke Welsh who chose to play for the England team.

You don't have to speak Welsh to play for Wales but if you do it seems you're not going to want to play for England.
Any rugby quiz geeks out there know?

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Otto wrote:
He got away that's for sure but, as CJ says, his heritage (alone) may be Welsh but, the lad is probably English in every aspect you could think of!! Can't have them all and he's far from being a Dewi Morris I suspect!! (Anyone remember him? he was Welsh in every way, language included, I don't think Dewi Morris spoke Welsh in the sense that he could have a conversation using it. A few words picked up while at Crughywel primary school I'd have thoughtuntil, he went up the smoke for 3 weeks and, having had a Saul-type conversion, somewhere between Abergavenny and Witney on the old A40, he became an English sensation who thought 'Boys Bach' became Roys Arse' or something like that!!)

There are quite a few who had one parent or both parents that were Welsh but born in England, born in Wales with one or both parents being English, one Dewi, rhymes with Louie born and raised in Wales with both parents being Welsh.
I can't think of any player who spoke Welsh who chose to play for the England team.

You don't have to speak Welsh to play for Wales but if you do it seems you're not going to want to play for England.

Was Matt Dawson not a Welsh speaker?

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
eog wrote:
Otto wrote:

Id be amazed if he were, he can hardly speak English :P

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Keith L wrote:

Same as the Welsh then :thefinger:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Keith L wrote:
soap wrote:
eog wrote:
Otto wrote:

Dewi would not have got his place in the Welsh side back then which is why he opted for second best when the opportunity arose.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
eog wrote:
Otto wrote:

I liked his Welsh fans head butting the bus story, about Jason Leonard

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm
International Player

[/quote] Dewi would not have got his place in the Welsh side back then which is why he opted for second best when the opportunity arose.[/quote]

Yep, with people like Chris Bridges around, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tyleri82 wrote:
Dewi would not have got his place in the Welsh side back then which is why he opted for second best when the opportunity arose.[/quote]

Yep, with people like Chris Bridges around, he wouldn't have stood a chance.[/quote]

And Rupert Moon :D

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Well if we don't get Sam Moore then hopefully we will get Carwyn Tuipolotu. I have seen his father Kati play many times, he was just an awesome No 8 teak hard and a one man pack. He played for New Brighton for years and even in his 40s he was the one New Brighton player the opposition feared. Almost impossible to put down a huge carrier and a brilliant defensive no 8.

I haven't seen his son play but some of my friends played against him in a testimonial match for Kati at New Brighton.........he was only 14 then but hit harder than anyone else on the pitch. If he becomes as good as his father (and from what I have heard he will be bigger and better ....already 6ft 1 inch and 17 stone at 16).....in North West rugby circles a lot of people are talking about his exploits for Sedbergh school .........he will be a huge asset for Wales.........we have to look after him.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big Eddie wrote:
Well if we don't get Sam Moore then hopefully we will get Carwyn Tuipolotu. I have seen his father Kati play many times, he was just an awesome No 8 teak hard and a one man pack. He played for New Brighton for years and even in his 40s he was the one New Brighton player the opposition feared. Almost impossible to put down a huge carrier and a brilliant defensive no 8.

I haven't seen his son play but some of my friends played against him in a testimonial match for Kati at New Brighton.........he was only 14 then but hit harder than anyone else on the pitch. If he becomes as good as his father (and from what I have heard he will be bigger and better ....already 6ft 1 inch and 17 stone at 16).....in North West rugby circles a lot of people are talking about his exploits for Sedbergh school .........he will be a huge asset for Wales.........we have to look after him.

I believe he is or will be on the Scarlets books..

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 pm
Youth Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Big Eddie wrote:

I believe he is or will be on the Scarlets books..

Good .........if he gets to be as good as his indestructible father he will play for Wales.............Kati played in the National Leagues in England well into his late 40s. Many Tongans have explosive power in both defence and attack but often they can drift in and out of games and can sometimes be characterised as lazy.........that label has never been put on Kati...

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not all Welsh qualified players who opted to play for England were God's gift.

Stuart Barnes went to Bassaleg School in Newport, says it all really.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm
Club Player

soap wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:
Dewi would not have got his place in the Welsh side back then which is why he opted for second best when the opportunity arose.

Yep, with people like Chris Bridges around, he wouldn't have stood a chance.[/quote]

And Rupert Moon :D[/quote]

Not forgetting Robert Jones.!

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am
Profile E-mail