It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 am

Fickle 
World XV Player

Post Fickle
Some of the posts on here criticising Patchell are pretty harsh. He didn't have his greatest game, which was last week.

He has gone from hero to zero in 7 days. Anscombe has gone the opposite way. I don't buy that he bottled it, he was targetted.

He has now likely been relegated to a former 10 like pretty much every other 10 we ever had.

Maybe if we supported our players and allowed them a bad game we would see consistency. I cannot think of a single 10 over the last 20 years who hasn't had the same treatment.

Players deserve to be held to account but goldfish bowl for Patchell it seems.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Post Re: Fickle
If we want to see more of the running rugby style, we stick with Patchell. Simple as. He didn't have the best of games yesterday, but neither did anyone else.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 pm
World XV Player

He will learn a lot from yesterday and should remain within the squad. I would start with Anscombe against Ireland though.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Start patchell at 12 against Ireland bigger at 10

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

seabass wrote:
Start patchell at 12 against Ireland bigger at 10

Assuming Biggar is fit, it's probably your best bet.

Patchell at replace SW.

Sean

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

So, in Parkes we unearth the best twelve we've had in years, and the immediate plan is to drop him in favour of playing someone out of position.
Anyone else got any genius ideas?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Some of the posts on here criticising Patchell are pretty harsh. He didn't have his greatest game, which was last week.

He has gone from hero to zero in 7 days. Anscombe has gone the opposite way. I don't buy that he bottled it, he was targetted.

Eddie helped insomuch as he set it up with a game plan to execute it and it worked on the day.

The first up and under and he dropped it.

Subsequently I think he turned down long pen kicks in his range (despite the fact it was Cpt Jones decision).

Sadly it resulted in a comprehensive problem

He will carry that and other teams will be aware of it.

I wish him well and hope he can turn it around ... it's not really a put it behind you sort of thing ...big audience, poor performance, seemed to lose confidence in his goal kicking, got replaced at 10 and almost immediately subbed.

That's one hell of a downer, I feel for him becaus his potential and versatility is Big.

Let's think positively but let's also be real about it.

It's what top level rugby is all about ... it could even be the making of him if he comes back in spades ;)

On a similar theme but not directly Patchell although he was part of it ... the kicking seemed like the Gatland old days ...it was poor!

Ireland will punish it !!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
So, in Parkes we unearth the best twelve we've had in years, and the immediate plan is to drop him in favour of playing someone out of position.

Patchell to replace SW was my suggestion, Parkes has to play.

Sean

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Sean

JD was missed, there was no pace in the centre

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:06 pm
thread ruining clique

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Sean

Sorry, dude. Comment was aimed at the other chap.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm
World XV Player

Patchell was targeted by England and they did a pretty god job of it so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. the welsh back row didn't protect him as they should have. Also Davies's pass from the ruck and breakdown is far to slow and long passes to patchell just put him in trouble, so not all Patchells fault.
Anscomb was OK but that's all, he took up the job of 10 when the England pack was starting to blow and never had the attention Patchell had.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm
thread ruining clique

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Patchell was targeted by England and they did a pretty god job of it so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. the welsh back row didn't protect him as they should have. Also Davies's pass from the ruck and breakdown is far to slow and long passes to patchell just put him in trouble, so not all Patchells fault.
Anscomb was OK but that's all, he took up the job of 10 when the England pack was starting to blow and never had the attention Patchell had.

Agree entirely. Eddie Jones did a number on Patchell. Even those saying it was wrong to target a player, were talking about the same player. The entire build up to the game was about Patch.
England deserved to win through their forward play in the first half. Nowt our ten could do with the crappy ball being flung at him.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:

Not only that but they were playing in the wet with a slippery ball. If we consider the horses for courses theory he and Biggar compliment eachother.

Ansconbe, NO please, his best (only) place is on the bench. Yes, he made a difference yesterday, but had Biggar been playing, because that was his sort of game, Anscombe would come off the bench and people notice his faults not call him the saviour.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Sean

Sorry, dude. Comment was aimed at the other chap.

:thumbup:

Sean

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I think if Buggar goes back in at 10 your going back to dull warrenball.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail