It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 pm




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Gatland Furious 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 3537
Post Re: Gatland Furious
eog wrote:
buglet wrote:


Perhaps, but it may have been one of those instances where the spirit rather than the letter of the law may have been more appropriate. I would not have wanted a French player to have been dismissed had the situation been reversed.


But is that because XV versus XV you think we'd have won.
But would you be as "spirit rather than the letter of the law" if we'd been playing England rather than France and an England player made the tackle. Or a New Zealand player in the final.



Would prefer there not to be controversy or doubt. Would rahter beat nay team 15 on 15 - unless it is a really outrageous piece of premeditated foul play.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7544
Post Re: Gatland Furious
BigRed wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Yeah, I don't buy the conspiracy theory either. It is just a poor decision. There needs to be a better way of assessing the video footage. I discussed this last week. The cameras need to be better, both where they are positioned and in terms of quality. There needs to be coordination of the footage to allow the time of a foot in touch to be compared to the ball being grounded. They can then work out which was first. The decisions at the moment are often not clear.

I'm not advocating any conspiracy theory, I'm just stating a fact.
No AB, Oz or England player will ever get a red card unless it is absolutely a clear violation. In Warburton's case, it happened so quickly and there was absolutely no intention. Just a smaller man was bumped over and landed awkwardly, in part due to his own fault as well. I've watched this over and over many times, yellow at best. Red never!
In the same situation, there is no way an AB, Oz, or England player would have been red carded (fact).


You raise some interesting points here but you are talking more about the grey area of illegal play and thr human judgement.

I am talking more about tries and the use of technology to reduce human error in the replay. If a ball is touched down behind the line, within the rules it is a try. There are ways of reviewing that. The use of video replays to determine how bad a bit of foul play is is a far more subjective consideration and any number of rellays could lead to a different interpretation. The use of the video ref in a try situation could in theory be resolved through technology, however behaviour can't.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1149
Post Re: Gatland Furious
buglet wrote:
eog wrote:
buglet wrote:


Perhaps, but it may have been one of those instances where the spirit rather than the letter of the law may have been more appropriate. I would not have wanted a French player to have been dismissed had the situation been reversed.


But is that because XV versus XV you think we'd have won.
But would you be as "spirit rather than the letter of the law" if we'd been playing England rather than France and an England player made the tackle. Or a New Zealand player in the final.


You 've avoided revealing where you stand on the above.
Would prefer there not to be controversy or doubt. That applies to us all Would rahter beat nay team 15 on 15 Again that applies to us all- unless it is a really outrageous piece of premeditated foul play.


I don't think the rules make a distinction between foul play that's premeditated or not premeditated.
I don't think the rules make a distinction between a really outrageous piece of foul play, an outrageous piece of foul play and a piece of foul play that isn't outrageous.
I think the rules describe types of foul play and prescribe the penalties for them.
We have the rules in order to minimize controversy and doubt.

If players and coaches had any doubts that a red card would be given for a tip tackle all those doubts should have been removed when it was announced by the organisers of the RWC that referees had been instructed to enforce the existing law that required a tip tackle to be punished with a red card.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13635
Post Re: Gatland Furious
trampie wrote:
Troron wrote:
He is acting like Wales have never benefited from this themselves... I can think of 3 times England have been on the wise end of try decisions against Wales without kicking up such a stink.

Strettle denied try, attwood and faletau being allowed an illegal try. Talking crap in the media is something gatland is know to do before a game, talking crap after is pretty pathetic.

Is that the best you can do (Streetle didn't score), when England won the 66 football WC and it was called the robbery of the century, talk of German and English collusion particularly against the South Americans, the last minute switching of the semi final to give them a 'home' tie, the ghost goal in the final etc etc.
The tour of Sri Lanka where some people say they changed the outcome of the series, they made such a fuss after the 1st test that the umpires gave them every decision going for the next two tests, the English demanded neutral umpires and then down the line they demanded their own umpires for tests, lol.
The rugby WC they won were it is said they deliberately put 16 men on the field as Somoa were going to beat them, they had every hot shot lawyer going because they knew they should have been kicked out off the tournament and world rugby did not want the trouble.

Imperialism and money still talks, us Welsh know what the Germanic races are like.

I see Troron has no comment on how the English have conducted themselves over the years. :)

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2375
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Gatland Furious
Looking forward to the humble pie being sent over the Severn bridge and eaten with due respect and forgiveness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43046791

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:00 pm
Posts: 10133
Location: Toronto Ontario
Post Re: Gatland Furious
What did world rugby have to say about May's non-try?

_________________
Sitting in the dock of Scumtanamo Bay


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13635
Post Re: Gatland Furious
"In accordance with law 21.1 b Wales should have been awarded a try as the Wales player grounded the ball."

Its official, major cockup by the tmo and it was very possible that it cost Wales the victory.

Takes me back to my observation after the game, first xv v first xv, Wales are better than England. 8)

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm
Profile
Online
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 19292
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Gatland Furious
Had England won by twenty points it wouldn't have mattered. But in such a tight game they need to get these things right.

_________________
I have no *fupping* idea what I'm talking about.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2400
Post Re: Gatland Furious
Well I disagree with world rugby as the footage shows the ball hitting Evans hand. However that's their decision so that's that. 12-10/12-8 to England.

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2375
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Gatland Furious
Oh dear

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6194
Post Re: Gatland Furious
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43046791

Six Nations: World Rugby confirm TMO error in England v Wales match


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 679
Post Re: Gatland Furious
As I have said before, it was a sliding doors moment, it may of spurred on Wales to victory, it could of catapulted England to a 20 point win, no one knows. Even at its most basic with taking the score into account, it still would of been a 12-10 or 12-8 victory.

Anscombe summed it up best when he stated that there was more than long enough left in the game for Wales to forge their own way, but England did the job and deserved the win.

I would credit World rugby for admitting the error. From what was asked it should of been awarded, however I would also state that from the wrong decision the right outcome occurred, as there was a knock on prior to the grounding by Evans so I would say from a purist point of view, that the scrubbing of the score was justified.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 13635
Post Re: Gatland Furious
Same old England. :roll:

_________________
As a scummer once said 'we dont produce anything and live meaningless lives doing meaningless jobs just to payback money that never really existed in the first place'.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 679
Post Re: Gatland Furious
awaywardlad wrote:
Troron wrote:
Well I disagree with world rugby as the footage shows the ball hitting Evans hand. However that's their decision so that's that. <a href="tel:12-10/12-8">12-10/12-8</a> to England.


.


Hardly one eyed though is it awaywardlad, we got the correct outcome from the wrong decision, and if we are to break it down to its basics, and assume no further scores occured (which is just as possible or improbable as the score leading to a Wales or England win as this is hypothetical only) then England still win 12-8 or 12-10.

It matters not though, the record will show England as victors in this seasons 6 nations, but next year is a new year full of hope for all.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 5896
Location: Lincoln
Post Re: Gatland Furious
wombles wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
Troron wrote:
Well I disagree with world rugby as the footage shows the ball hitting Evans hand. However that's their decision so that's that. <a href="tel:12-10/12-8">12-10/12-8</a> to England.


.


Hardly one eyed though is it awaywardlad, we got the correct outcome from the wrong decision, and if we are to break it down to its basics, and assume no further scores occured (which is just as possible or improbable as the score leading to a Wales or England win as this is hypothetical only) then England still win 12-8 or 12-10.

It matters not though, the record will show England as victors in this seasons 6 nations, but next year is a new year full of hope for all.


I have no gripes. I don't care about the TMO decision. He's the TMO, he did his job as he saw it. I don't think that it would have affected the result anyhow. It's all a distraction from what was otherwise a fascinating and enjoyable game of rugby. the better side won. Just! Bring on next year, we are due a win. :)

_________________
'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed he couldn't pronounce his own name which came out as 'Jah Wobble'.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: