It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Gatland Furious 
World XV Player

Post Gatland Furious
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/02/10/warren-gatland-furious-disallowed-wales-try-tmo-sides-england/

Here's the video and the discussion where all the experts agreed - it was a try.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5376649/Sam-Underhill-proved-worth-one-100-tackle.html

Quote:
..... there was a strong case in my opinion for a try when Anscombe seemed to get the first touch ahead of Anthony Watson when the ball came off Steff Evans' knee.

Here's the Gatland video - he is a bit peeved.

The BBC Match Report and video - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43019960

Quote:
Television match official Glenn Newman ruled Anthony Watson had beaten the Wales full-back to the ball during the first half at Twickenham.

Quote:
But Gatland disagreed, saying: "It looked like a try to me".

"To me it's disappointing that they get the decision wrong and in such a pivotal moment of the game."

Pity that.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:21 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Gatland Furious
He is acting like Wales have never benefited from this themselves... I can think of 3 times England have been on the wise end of try decisions against Wales without kicking up such a stink.

Strettle denied try, attwood and faletau being allowed an illegal try. Talking crap in the media is something gatland is know to do before a game, talking crap after is pretty pathetic.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JJ Willaims in Twickenham circa mid 70s. Who can forget Max Boyce's

I am an entertainer,
and I sing for charity.
For Oxfam and for Shelter,
for those worse off than me.
Bangladesh, Barnardos Homes,
and though I don't get paid,
It does one good to do some work
for things like Christan aid.
But of all the concerts that I've done
for the homeless overseas,
The one I did that pleased me most
was not for refugees.
Was for a home in Ireland
that stands amongst the trees -
The Sunshine Home in Dublin
for blind Irish referees!

At least there was no TMO to blame then. :D

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:27 am
World XV Player

Eddie Jones talks crap to the media as well. This sort of stuff is just *bull whips* that has crossed over from football. Unfortunately part of the game now.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
He is acting like Wales have never benefited from this themselves... I can think of 3 times England have been on the wise end of try decisions against Wales without kicking up such a stink.

Strettle denied try, attwood and faletau being allowed an illegal try. Talking crap in the media is something gatland is know to do before a game, talking crap after is pretty pathetic.

Yeh, but that crap don't count, how would you know about it you are bloody foreign mun ( :twisted: )

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:49 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

I guess since you are the subject expert, it must be true.. ;) England deserved the win.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:22 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Maybe so, but given that it was a try, it begs the question how they made the wrong decision. I argued the other way regarding the non try that was given last week amd one that wasn't, so I don't believe I'm being that unreasonable.

Whether it would have won us the game or not, who knows but a video ref is there to make the right decisions. They often don't.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thing is its in 2D and we live in a 3D environment. Are there angles the TMO saw we don't? Its not possible to tell from the pics we saw that he 100% had his hand on the ball when it connected with the grass; i'd say I'm 90%.

Usually TMO goes with the attacking side. Personally I'd have given it but I think we all understand now why he didn't.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:

Maybe so, but given that it was a try, it begs the question how they made the wrong decision. I argued the other way regarding the non try that was given last week amd one that wasn't, so I don't believe I'm being that unreasonable.

Whether it would have won us the game or not, who knows but a video ref is there to make the right decisions. They often don't.

I'm not so fussed about disagreeing with a TMO decision, my point is the selective outrage that has occurred for 4 separate events in this game:

1) Jones comments before the game. Considering Gatland has been the worst at this for years, getting outraged about this just stinks of hypocrisy. I distinctly remember a fair few defending Gatland's sledging before the games, see the whole stupid roof scenario and the tunnel standoff. Wales are far from saints in this department yet we hear lots of screeching about what bad sportsmanship it is.

2) Owen Farrell swearing about the Welsh in training, because I'm sure no other side has done that in training to get fired up?

3) The disallowed try. As mentioned, Wales have benefited from TMO decisions going the wrong way and England have suffered from it. It's something that happens but cries of corruption and for TMO investigation is ridiculous.

4) The whole Brown sneering incident. More than once in that game Welsh players tried to wind up English players, for example AWJ ruffling Itojes head. In the Brown incident, Brown was trying to take the ball off Williams and Williams shoved him away, hence Brown smiling at his face. Again we hear people getting up in arms at how outrageous it is.

Literally everything about this game is being blown out of proportion and being used to justify outrage and portray the English in the most negative light whilst ignoring the extreme hypocrisy. I just think some perspective is needed. We have a reputation for arrogance so what do you think Wales' reputation now looks like?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

1/ Dont know anyone 'genuinely' outraged at the pre/post game niggles. Both managers have got big mouths.

2/ Im sure there were a few colourful terms being used about ze eenglish in our camp too....so who cares?

3/ the Try? it clearly was a try.... one wonders if it had happened at the other end, would the outcome be different???? but not going to lose sleep
over it, as you say.....sometimes bad decisions go your way, sometimes they dont.....if you are relying on these points to win a game, you have not done enough to earn a win..........if you win (off the back of one of these) then you didnt cover yourself in glory either.

4/ Brown is a twat......to his opponents, as is farrell.....but then so is liam w, and biggar, and gareth davies, and webb, and alun-wynn ....the list is long. He had his best game for ages in an england shirt, and will figure strongly for a few years yet.......twat!

Sportsmanship seems to be suffering lately, the game is being filled with bad winners and poor losers, gloaters and grumblers....
....we all like banter but nationalist agendas and preoccupations are the preserve of the vulgar, rude....and not too bright.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Brown is a vulgarian, I can still picture his face during the 30-3 drubbing in Cardiff, he was already outraged at the score, he was venting his wrath at the ref when he got hit on the head with the ball, hilarious, I thought for a second he was going to go full meltdown, lovely memories.

On another note, Eddie looked extremely worried throughout the match yesterday, even rushing down the steps to pitchside, to bark out instructions, and the way the England players celebrated at the end of the match, they were elated, you could see how much it meant to them, must have been a tough game for them, our lads really put it to them.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Troron wrote:

Christ you come out with some garbage at times to try and justify your POV

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:

I'm not so fussed about disagreeing with a TMO decision, my point is the selective outrage that has occurred for 4 separate events in this game:

1) Jones comments before the game. Considering Gatland has been the worst at this for years, getting outraged about this just stinks of hypocrisy. I distinctly remember a fair few defending Gatland's sledging before the games, see the whole stupid roof scenario and the tunnel standoff. Wales are far from saints in this department yet we hear lots of screeching about what bad sportsmanship it is.

2) Owen Farrell swearing about the Welsh in training, because I'm sure no other side has done that in training to get fired up?

3) The disallowed try. As mentioned, Wales have benefited from TMO decisions going the wrong way and England have suffered from it. It's something that happens but cries of corruption and for TMO investigation is ridiculous.

4) The whole Brown sneering incident. More than once in that game Welsh players tried to wind up English players, for example AWJ ruffling Itojes head. In the Brown incident, Brown was trying to take the ball off Williams and Williams shoved him away, hence Brown smiling at his face. Again we hear people getting up in arms at how outrageous it is.

Literally everything about this game is being blown out of proportion and being used to justify outrage and portray the English in the most negative light whilst ignoring the extreme hypocrisy. I just think some perspective is needed. We have a reputation for arrogance so what do you think Wales' reputation now looks like?

1) I just don't like Jones' attitude. I also included a link to Gatland, who did the same to Hartley a few years ago. The mind games and headline grabbing comments have no space in the game for me. It's nonsense. You wouldn't have heard Lancaster or Johnson nor Brian Ashton doing it.

2) No idea about that.

3) Maybe Wales have benefited, I just don't like it being misused.

4) Brown is another *dinky doo*, in victory or defeat he is a bad winner and loser. You are right, there are probably *dinky doos* in our team but Brown nor Hartley do themselves any favours and aren't likeable. However, other than no.3 I am not complaining about the other things you raise.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Big And Dull wrote:
Troron wrote:

Pity I at least bother to check my "garbage" is correct before spouting it. Go on then, point to anything there that was incorrect.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
Troron wrote:

Pity I at least bother to check my "garbage" is correct before spouting it. Go on then, point to anything there that was incorrect.

You speak garbage? Surely not. :shock:

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed he couldn't pronounce his own name which came out as 'Jah Wobble'.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next