It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:47 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Gatland Furious 
World XV Player

Post Re: Gatland Furious
Big And Dull wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
Troron wrote:
Love him or hate him, think it's a try or not, WR contradicting a ref/TMO decision has now happened twice and both times it has caused more harm than good. I think WR can intervene if the case is severe enough to warrant disciplinary action or even a referee being removed entirely from international duty (as Walsh was) but just for incorrect decisions, it undermines the authority of the referee. I mean in the grand scheme of things that decision was no worse than a whole host of other wrong decisions, see the Wales Scotland game as an example, yet it has been treated like it was the deciding decision in a world cup final rather than at most a 4 point loss early in a game early in a yearly tournament.

Ultimately the precedent is set, how many coaches are going to start going to WR after decisions go against their team? Are we going to see complaints after every game or challenges for every 50/50 try? I said elsewhere I was in favour of putting time limits on TMO decisions and accepting some will be incorrect. If this carries on I can see TMOs taking much longer to make a decision and refs refusing to call anything that isn't blindingly obvious.

How many caps do you have in the "moaning for England"xv?

I received a warning for this

:D i dont know why but ive been giggling for a while over this post.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I love TMOs who make quick accurate assessments and give detailed information to the referee so that the referee then makes the final decision in full possession of the relevant facts.

Is it possible to produce large quantities of TMOs who can be called upon to replace the failures?

One Italian TMO took 8 minutes to fail to give a definitive answer to the referee.

That's a bit extreme, even for a TMO from Italy, but it was a vital decision that would have seen a Welsh side probably beat his team.

It might have been the same guy who screwed an Irish side the previous week.

Life is tough in Italy. Rabid fans and all that.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:03 am
International Player

There should be two TMOs.
We've always used two touch judges to confirm whether the ball has gone over the bar and between the posts when a conversion is taken and that' a much simpler and easier matter to judge.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's been suggested that top quality referees are wasted as assistants and could be used as TMOs.

BBC Radio.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm
World XV Player

Tbh I'd rather have a dedicate set piece TMO if we are going to add another. Someone with a live top-down view of scrums and lineouts would be a much better use than some TMO of TMOs

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Tbh I'd rather have a dedicate set piece TMO if we are going to add another. Someone with a live top-down view of scrums and lineouts would be a much better use than some TMO of TMOs

Agree.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Some fans should just get a grip and understand that even with technology, mistakes will be made. This latest decision wasn’t as clear cut as many are saying, the bloke had a few minutes to make a decision, one which many fans agreed with, many others changed their minds more than once after seeing replays and stills, and many thought was bonkers.

The rugby rule book(law book) is a minefield. Anyone trying to ref, run the lines, or TMO is going to get things wrong, mostly because interpretation plays a massive part in this game. Almost every ruck there’s an infringement of some kind. I reckon many should be careful what they wish for, we will end up with multiple refs and TMOs and it’ll be as stop/start as the NFL.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:35 am
World XV Player

Look.

At the video.

I put on here earlier on this

thread.

Good night, gone now.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/02/10/warren-gatland-furious-disallowed-wales-try-tmo-sides-england/

Here's the video and the discussion where all the experts agreed - it was a try.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5376649/Sam-Underhill-proved-worth-one-100-tackle.html

Quote:
..... there was a strong case in my opinion for a try when Anscombe seemed to get the first touch ahead of Anthony Watson when the ball came off Steff Evans' knee.

Here's the Gatland video - he is a bit peeved.

The BBC Match Report and video - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43019960

Quote:
Television match official Glenn Newman ruled Anthony Watson had beaten the Wales full-back to the ball during the first half at Twickenham.

Quote:
But Gatland disagreed, saying: "It looked like a try to me".

"To me it's disappointing that they get the decision wrong and in such a pivotal moment of the game."

Pity that.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:39 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Look.

At the video.

I put on here earlier on this

thread.

Good night, gone now.

:D Are you purposely trying to miss the point?

A mistake was made, shit happens. It’s not as clear cut as some of the fans think, otherwise there would’ve been widespread agreement that it was a bad decision during, after and now. Instead, we have people who days later have the benefit of all angles, photos etc. This continual whinge is pretty pathetic.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:33 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Bouch wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/02/10/warren-gatland-furious-disallowed-wales-try-tmo-sides-england/

Here's the video and the discussion where all the experts agreed - it was a try.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5376649/Sam-Underhill-proved-worth-one-100-tackle.html

Quote:
..... there was a strong case in my opinion for a try when Anscombe seemed to get the first touch ahead of Anthony Watson when the ball came off Steff Evans' knee.

Here's the Gatland video - he is a bit peeved.

The BBC Match Report and video - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43019960

Quote:
Television match official Glenn Newman ruled Anthony Watson had beaten the Wales full-back to the ball during the first half at Twickenham.

Quote:
But Gatland disagreed, saying: "It looked like a try to me".

"To me it's disappointing that they get the decision wrong and in such a pivotal moment of the game."

Pity that.

:D More whinging! WG needs to sort his shit out. “Clear cut try”. :D Of course it’s disappointing to him, he lost the game! Pivotal moment, every moment could be classed as pivotal.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 am
World XV Player

It’s diffucult when your team has been done by a decision

Supporters are passionate and committed...I have some sympathy with aggrieved supporters and certainly don’t dismiss it as pathetic

Processing it and moving on however would be helpful. Also enables focus to shift to other issues regarding performance

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6