It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:59 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Wales were robbed again!!!! 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales were robbed again!!!!
Troron wrote:
So it doesn't matter what the evidence is as long as you get your way? The evidence shows the correct decision was made, if for the wrong reason. It makes no difference, in both cases it goes back to the penalty. You were all in favour of micro-analysing when you thought the evidence was in your favour but the second it isn't you want to dismiss it. It's ironic you act like I'm the child here because your attitude is far more childish.

I do hope you've finished your sums homework
As for that post PMSL
BTW Do you think Brown should have been yellow carded for that professional foul? Or for cheating in other words

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
This place is definitely better for Troron on here. :thumbup:
We need to hear an opposing argument and in fairness Troron is just as critical of England as he is Wales. A good poster in my view but I definitely don’t always agree with him.

Thanks and always nice to argue various things in cases where it isn't just "herr derr ur english so bias and arrogant!"

I mean I said only last week I was in favour of a limit on the time TMOs take and I stand by that, I would not want that try micro-analysed any more than anyone else. However if someone in their own time after the game decides to do it, they can't suddenly whinge when a different micro-analysis shows a different result. I first thought it was a try when I watched it live, then changed to thinking it hadn't been grounded correctly only to be shown it had but then had the knock on footage shown, so changed my view 3 times based on the evidence I had at the time. I wonder if Big and Dull has done likewise... I at least was quite prepared to accept the possibility of it being a try even before I knew the result, so who's biased?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Time to move on. We definitely won the last 60 minutes. :D

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We'll get them next year!!!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
We need to hear an opposing argument and in fairness Troron is just as critical of England as he is Wales. A good poster in my view but I definitely don’t always agree with him.

Thanks and always nice to argue various things in cases where it isn't just "herr derr ur english so bias and arrogant!"

I mean I said only last week I was in favour of a limit on the time TMOs take and I stand by that, I would not want that try micro-analysed any more than anyone else. However if someone in their own time after the game decides to do it, they can't suddenly whinge when a different micro-analysis shows a different result. I first thought it was a try when I watched it live, then changed to thinking it hadn't been grounded correctly only to be shown it had but then had the knock on footage shown, so changed my view 3 times based on the evidence I had at the time. I wonder if Big and Dull has done likewise... I at least was quite prepared to accept the possibility of it being a try even before I knew the result, so who's biased?

Yes, too many people only want an echo chamber and (part of a wider trend) there is an increasing tendency to be unable to cope with those who have an alternative opinion, be it sport or politics or many other aspects of life.

We should welcome debate and disagreement, even if these are not resolved, as they often cannot be.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Yes and Troron likes to abuse those with an opposite opinion to him...just saying :kermit:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tycroes8 wrote:
Yes and Troron likes to abuse those with an opposite opinion to him...just saying :kermit:

I mostly abuse those who play the nationalist card and who believe that England will be in the wrong no matter what, which would explain your familiarity with such a reaction.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
tycroes8 wrote:

I mostly abuse those who play the nationalist card and who believe that England will be in the wrong no matter what, which would explain your familiarity with such a reaction.

England played well and then Wales clamped down and had a measure of success.

It's great to talk with people who have open minds.

Still, we can't all be perfect.

:king:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
tycroes8 wrote:

Turn that around and take a look, a good look, in a mirror.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Right.

I'm off now to look at the soccer score.

See you tomorrow.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm
Site Admin

Play nice now boys or you will miss the rest of the 6 nations.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Yes a good look in the mirror might be beneficial for him. Leaving it now..no point carrying on...good night all

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron says it how he sees it. He often makes entirely valid and well observed points. It’s good to get a view
from another angle. Yes he dishes out but he also gets just as much back.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:

Yep, agree with that. He talks some sense tbh and I think the forum is better with him on here

Wombles on the other hand...

P.s he'll bite :D

P.p.s Only joking Wombles :thumbright:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aw thanks, I feel all warm inside. That might be the mahoosive cup of tea though...

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next