It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Wales were robbed again!!!! 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales were robbed again!!!!
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Is that the left hand? Not sure it's clear and obvious. I'll watch it again (several times), but the ball doesn't seem to change course in accordance with the contact from fingers (the way it does when a goalkeeper gets a touch to the ball in soccer, no matter how slight and usually visible from the camera behind the goal).

Sean

His ring finger. You can see the ball make contact and his finger is visibly bent backwards. From there the ball is travelling forwards and would have landed ahead of where his finger touched it before his knee knocked it forwards too.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
It was difficult to see where the ball hit Evans, as the ITV cameraman with the best angle opted to film the tackled English player, rather than the ball.

You can see it his his hand and his finger flexes backwards upon impact

I disagree with that. It looks like a normal finger movement to me, and perspective puts the ball close. His hand was over his knee, so unless he is cross kneed would have been several inches beyond the ball,

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
It was difficult to see where the ball hit Evans, as the ITV cameraman with the best angle opted to film the tackled English player, rather than the ball.

I disagree with that. It looks like a normal finger movement to me, and perspective puts the ball close. His hand was over his knee, so unless he is cross kneed would have been several inches beyond the ball,

Finger bends backwards at the exact time the ball reaches out and moves forward again as the ball bounces away and that's normal movement for you?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Finger bends backwards at the exact time the ball reaches out and moves forward again as the ball bounces away and that's normal movement for you?

It is also at the exact time the frames were chosen. We would need to see if from 90degree to that angle to be sure but his finger moves allong the 'blade' of his hand as if he was preparing a catch rather than along the knuckle direction which it would if the ball hit. Or to me anyway, but I am not going to argue too much.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Troron wrote:
Think this settles it: https://twitter.com/mattyjwills/status/ ... 86/video/1

Knocked on prior to going over the line.

Video won't play, sadly. Is it on Youtube?

Sean

I can't find it on youtube. The video shows the bit prior to the grounding where the ball we believed came off the knee but the video shows the fingers flexing backwards as the ball makes contact. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

EDIT: see here. Put in 0.25 speed and watch his fingers as the ball makes contact. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGMCqS_0n-A

The footage in the game showed it coming off his knee. They did a view further to the right. It clearly hit his knee.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Troron wrote:

Sean

I can't find it on youtube. The video shows the bit prior to the grounding where the ball we believed came off the knee but the video shows the fingers flexing backwards as the ball makes contact. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

EDIT: see here. Put in 0.25 speed and watch his fingers as the ball makes contact. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGMCqS_0n-A

The footage in the game showed it coming off his knee. They did a view further to the right. It clearly hit his knee.

If it clearly hit his knee then how did his finger bend backwards just as the ball hit?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Troron wrote:

Sean

If it clearly hit his knee then how did his finger bend backwards just as the ball hit?

They showed another bit of footage in the match (I am almost certain) that clearly showed the hand was not near the ball.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

They showed another bit of footage in the match (I am almost certain) that clearly showed the hand was not near the ball.

Feel free to provide it because the footage I've linked to shows the ball moving towards him, his finger getting bent backwards and then the ball deflecting.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Feel free to provide it because the footage I've linked to shows the ball moving towards him, his finger getting bent backwards and then the ball deflecting.

Seems everyone in the world thinks it was a try, except you. :D

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

And the TMO :D

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

soap wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

And the TMO :D

Has anyone seen both at the same time? Was Toron the TMO?
I call conspiracy theory.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

And yet you still haven't provided a case against the video. It doesn't matter what most people thinks, what matters is evidence and the video evidence shows Evans finger being bent back by contact with the ball prior to being knocked forward by his knee, making the whole "robbed" narrative irrelevant. I imagine most people want England to lose too but reality doesn't twist to your wants does it? Most people thought the final pass of the first Wales game was forwards.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
Troron wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

And yet you still haven't provided a case against the video. It doesn't matter what most people thinks, what matters is evidence and the video evidence shows Evans finger being bent back by contact with the ball prior to being knocked forward by his knee, making the whole "robbed" narrative irrelevant. I imagine most people want England to lose too but reality doesn't twist to your wants does it? Most people thought the final pass of the first Wales game was forwards.

Are you sure? Are you absolutely, positively, sure?
I think you should look at it least twenty more times.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:

Yes I am sure.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Yes I am sure.

I'm not prepared to even consider your opinion, unless you will sign an affidavit confirming you watched it fifty more times, just to be absolutely certain.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next