It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Wales were robbed again!!!! 
International Player

Post Wales were robbed again!!!!
Wales were robbed again the tmo got it wrong. It was a clear try. Hope we get more luck against Ireland.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales were robbed again!!!!
It was amusing in the final minutes when Robshaw was so far offside and the ref ignored it. Staggering.
It looks like Hartley should have been in big trouble for spitting.
Were we robbed? Not really but I am very positive. We have nothing to fear from England as they are second in the world that’s a big plus.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I know the exact robshaw incident you're talking about Pearcey and like you I couldn't believe my eyes :D

He was so far offside it was actually quite funny to see the ref not call it (in a strange sort of way)

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:14 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
I know the exact robshaw incident you're talking about Pearcey and like you I couldn't believe my eyes :D

He was so far offside it was actually quite funny to see the ref not call it (in a strange sort of way)

Yeah agreed, I guess the official went for some kind of not interfering, which I don't believe is part of the laws (happy to be corrected) but his very presence altered what could be done

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 am
Profile E-mail WWW
International Player

Cant see England winning in murrayfield and Ireland should beat them as well. England got lucky one day England's luck will run out.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The opposition scored more points than you did. So they won. Thats not "robbed".
As well as dominating possession and territory throughout most of the game.

Of course, if you ask the standard internet Wales fan, Wales have never ever lost a single international test. They've been "robbed" in every single one.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Regional Player

What is interesting in the cold light of day is that was a game of 2 defences rather than 2 attacks, both of which showed up well.

The non try was a try, no one should argue that, however luck is part of the game. Phillips incorrect throw in against Ireland which led directly to a try being another example. It infuriates when it happens to you, yet is excused just as quickly when you are the beneficiaries. To say it would of won or lost the game is a sliding doors arguement, possibly it could, possibly it could not, but with so much time left in the game at that point we can never say what impact it could of had overall beyond anything other than wild guessing.

As a England fan what has pleased me most is the way we finished the game. Throughout all of Gats tenure he has stated that Wales superior fitness can win the day, and on many occasions, including against us it has told. I would also state that due to the positive nature of your wins over us, it led to a psychological edge, and one that prevailed in he World cup. However this no longer exists, when the pressure came on in the last 10 we remained strong, forecful on defence and pinned you into your own half until a attacking error occured. This to me is a reflection of fitness overall and belief in the system, and your team. It was the most pleasing aspect of what was an arm wrestle of a game! Now there is only 12 months until we go at it again!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

wombles wrote:
What is interesting in the cold light of day is that was a game of 2 defences rather than 2 attacks, both of which showed up well.

The non try was a try, no one should argue that, however luck is part of the game. Phillips incorrect throw in against Ireland which led directly to a try being another example. It infuriates when it happens to you, yet is excused just as quickly when you are the beneficiaries. To say it would of won or lost the game is a sliding doors arguement, possibly it could, possibly it could not, but with so much time left in the game at that point we can never say what impact it could of had overall beyond anything other than wild guessing.

As a England fan what has pleased me most is the way we finished the game. Throughout all of Gats tenure he has stated that Wales superior fitness can win the day, and on many occasions, including against us it has told. I would also state that due to the positive nature of your wins over us, it led to a psychological edge, and one that prevailed in the World cup. However this no longer exists, when the pressure came on in the last 10 we remained strong, forecful on defence and pinned you into your own half until a attacking error occured. This to me is a reflection of fitness overall and belief in the system, and your team. It was the most pleasing aspect of what was an arm wrestle of a game! Now there is only 12 months until we go at it again!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wombles. I thought our defence was superb apart from the early try. England’s defence was also superb until the last fifteen minutes.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Wombles. I thought our defence was superb apart from the early try. England’s defence was also superb until the last fifteen minutes.

Agreed, we didn't seem to have any shape at all for that first England try which was very disappointing. The game was won by England in the first 20 minutes as once the game settled down after that, there was nothing between the two sides.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 am
World XV Player

You can not be robbed of something you did not find. It was a fortunate bounce chased up and it did not come off.
It was not earned so not lost. Had it been a deliberate attempt, you could claim that, but it belongs in the same box as getting the throw in when the ball bounces off the back of someone's head. A 'thank you' at best

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

seabass wrote:
Cant see England winning in murrayfield and Ireland should beat them as well. England got lucky one day England's luck will run out.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

seabass wrote:

Tell me, how many of England's games since the last world cup have been won because England were simply better? No excuses, no luck, no massive injuries to our opposition, no England being made to look better than we are? Can you name one?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

Agreed, we didn't seem to have any shape at all for that first England try which was very disappointing. The game was won by England in the first 20 minutes as once the game settled down after that, there was nothing between the two sides.

That first try came from a 10 playing 15 and flanker playing number 8

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

That first try came from a 10 playing 15 and flanker playing number 8
Troron wrote:
seabass wrote:

Tell me, how many of England's games since the last world cup have been won because England were simply better? No excuses, no luck, no massive injuries to our opposition, no England being made to look better than we are? Can you name one?

England were in my mind the better team last week, but in lots of Wales v England games over the last 10 -15 years, neither side has dominated to the extent that you couldn't argue that one team was dominant. Yesterday, the better team won, but apart from the first 20, the teams weren't much differerent.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next