It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
team to play ireland 
World XV Player

Post Re: team to play ireland
:D here's hoping he's not picked

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 pm
Primary Schools Player

1 rob Evans
2 ken Owens
3 Samson Lee
4 Corry hill
5 Awn Jones
6 Aragon Shingler
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Toby falatau if he's not fit then navidi
9 Gareth Davies
10 Garth anscombe
11 Stefan Evans
12 Rhys patchel
13 Hadleigh parks
14 George North
15 Leigh Halfpenny
Sub's
16 eillot dee
17 wyn Jones
18 Thomas Francis
19 Bradley Davis
20 James Davids
21 alec Davids
22 Dan bigger
23 liam Williams

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:
I think this will be the team:

15. Halfpenny
14. Liam Williams
13. North
12. Parkes
11. Evans
10. Anscombe
9. Davies
8. Moriarty
7. Navidi
6. Shingler
3. Lee
2. Owens
1. Evans

I like the side. Would prefer it if it had a second row, though. :D

It is going to be difficult to leave out Hallam Amos after a MOM in his last match.
Although Steff didn't do much wrong against England, he was easily marshalled by the England defence.
We could see this lineup:
15. Halfpenny
14. Liam Williams
13. Amos
12. Parkes
11. North
10. Patchell
9. Davies
8. Moriarty (Faletau if fit)
7. Navidi
6. Shingler
5. Hill
4. AWJ
3. Lee
2. Owens
1. Evans

If Amos is on the bench i will be astounded, if he plays i will post a picture of my ugly bare arse, if he starts in the centre, i will post a nude picture of myself in the frozen food aisle of Neath Tescos. :)

Please pick a different one though, I sometimes use that Tesco. :shock:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
BigRed wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
tyleri82 wrote:
I think this will be the team:

15. Halfpenny
14. Liam Williams
13. North
12. Parkes
11. Evans
10. Anscombe
9. Davies
8. Moriarty
7. Navidi
6. Shingler
3. Lee
2. Owens
1. Evans

I like the side. Would prefer it if it had a second row, though. :D

It is going to be difficult to leave out Hallam Amos after a MOM in his last match.
Although Steff didn't do much wrong against England, he was easily marshalled by the England defence.
We could see this lineup:
15. Halfpenny
14. Liam Williams
13. Amos
12. Parkes
11. North
10. Patchell
9. Davies
8. Moriarty (Faletau if fit)
7. Navidi
6. Shingler
5. Hill
4. AWJ
3. Lee
2. Owens
1. Evans

If Amos is on the bench i will be astounded, if he plays i will post a picture of my ugly bare arse, if he starts in the centre, i will post a nude picture of myself in the frozen food aisle of Neath Tescos. :)

Something makes me think that there is more in this for you than there is for the rest of us!

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scrum and lineout went quite ok but pack struggled with any go forward. So if it’s the same personnel up front they will need to do better carrying. The obvious option is putting falatau (if fit) at 8 with moriaty at 6. This would obviously lose shingler and weaken the lineout - especially with navidi not really used like tipuric or warburton

Tactically the half backs need to be better. They have strengths so have to find a way of playing their game... england forced them into playing a game that basically they are crap at and had no answer to

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

15. Sanjay
14. 1/2p
13. North
12. Patchell
11. Adams
10. Anscombe
9. Davies
8. Shingler
7. Cubby
6. Moriarty
5. Hill
4. AWJ
3. Lee
2. Owens
1. Evans

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:10 pm
World XV Player

Counter the Irish wrap around and they're beatable.

We need 3 defense game-plans, one to counter the wrap and another to counter the inevitable chip through thereafter. Don't commit to rucks and flood the fringes to counter wrapping and a dedicated sweeper for the chip through. If they start coming through at rucks switch up to competing at the breakdown.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
Counter the Irish wrap around and they're beatable..
Ooh Errr, you been watching 'full metal jacket' again BW. :shock: :D

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:

...watching it, I fekin lived it.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm
World XV Player

Berlin Warrior wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:

...watching it, I fekin lived it.

Even the wraparound scene. :D

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 pm
Club Player

Everyone is looking to re-introduce the injured heroes.

This is incredibly unwise. AWJ, Faletau and North should be used sparingly.
If any of them are injured Wales will not be as good.

Keep faith in the new players you have introduced.
Reintroduce the tired lions slowly.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

It always amazes me how people suggest experiments like Patchell/Priestland/Biggar at 12, Amos at 13 etc. are legitimate possibilities in games like this.

If Patch and/or Biggar are involved it will be at 10. If Amos is involved it will be on the wing. They are not going to be trying people out in unfamiliar positions in a must win 6N game against Ireland.

Can't see Amos getting back in to be honest which is a bit unfair considering how good he was in the Autumn.

As to who will be picked, the only likely changes are at 10 and on the wings. I've a feeling Gats will give Patch one more chance with Biggar on the bench; also I don't think Steff Evans deserves to lose his place. I'd guess we'll see one of Liam or North take Josh Adams' place, and the other on the bench.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
It always amazes me how people suggest experiments like Patchell/Priestland/Biggar at 12, Amos at 13 etc. are legitimate possibilities in games like this.

If Patch and/or Biggar are involved it will be at 10. If Amos is involved it will be on the wing. They are not going to be trying people out in unfamiliar positions in a must win 6N game against Ireland.

Can't see Amos getting back in to be honest which is a bit unfair considering how good he was in the Autumn.

As to who will be picked, the only likely changes are at 10 and on the wings. I've a feeling Gats will give Patch one more chance with Biggar on the bench; also I don't think Steff Evans deserves to lose his place. I'd guess we'll see one of Liam or North take Josh Adams' place, and the other on the bench.

TBQH Gats has a number of combinations, something quite new to Wales. We have a depth not seen for many a year.
Considering at least two and maybe four of Amos, Liam, North, Ha'penny, Biggar, Patchell, Anscombe, Steff, or Josh Adams will be left out of the 23. Scott and Hadleigh are the only established centres so unless Gats wants to see North or Owen Williams in the centre quite a few will be sitting out against Ireland.
So out of the nine names above (in bold), there are only four places available and one or two on the bench.
There will be two on the bench so three will be left out, it's Gatland's call.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Figaro wrote:

TBQH Gats has a number of combinations, something quite new to Wales. We have a depth not seen for many a year.
Considering at least two and maybe four of Amos, Liam, North, Ha'penny, Biggar, Patchell, Anscombe, Steff, or Josh Adams will be left out of the 23. Scott and Hadleigh are the only established centres so unless Gats wants to see North or Owen Williams in the centre quite a few will be sitting out against Ireland.
So out of the nine names above (in bold), there are only four places available and one or two on the bench.
There will be two on the bench so three will be left out, it's Gatland's call.

Sorry! I left out Owen Watkin as another possible centre. :D

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Do you think that the Wales side will be stronged now that they've have some game time?

Hmmmmm.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next