It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
team to play ireland 
Youth Player

Post team to play ireland
same pack save for maybe faletau if fit instead of RM (perhaps faletau as impact)

behind GD, Biggar (if fit) I would drop SW and play OWatkin and change all back three to LW, LH, GN.

We certainy have more strength in depth.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: team to play ireland
Biggar won’t be match fit so I suspect Anscombe to start. I think Patchell and Adams will be dropped with Halfpenny and North coming in. Sanjay May come back in but I would like to see Steff Evans keep his place

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evans
Kenneth
Lee
Hill
AWJ
Shingler
Tips
Falatau if fit

Any one but Davies
Biggar/Patchel
Evans
Parkes
Any one but Williams
North
Halfpenny

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I'd like to see Patch at 12.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:20 am
World XV Player

People are being way too harsh on Cawdor and Scott Williams here.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

GD is a strange mixed bag. He has great pace and can score brilliant tries but he is often careless and his service is very erratic.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yep agreed Andrew. I thought he was ok yesterday. Scott Williams played well. I read one poster on here saying Navidi and Moriarty were really poor. They both played well. Our pack matched England’s.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
GD is a strange mixed bag. He has great pace and can score brilliant tries but he is often careless and his service is very erratic.

This is more or less the way I see Anscombe, which is why I would not like to see them together.
The games against England and Ireland are different to the other 3 and need a more workhorse style.
Bigger would be best, but I hope we have not seen the last of Patchell as he plays a different game.

Webb, Patchell, and Foxy with Half-p or Sanjay at 15 and yesterdays wingers looks a good combo to me.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:

Have to agree. He is a real threat with ball in hand, but he's not really the kind of scrum half you want in a game like yesterday. When the pressure is really on like it was yesterday, you want a scrum half with really sharp accurate passing and a good tactical kicking game, and GD has neither of those. If anything, his passing and kicking was putting us under more pressure.

From what I've seen of him, I really like the look of Tomos Williams in that regard and hope to see him really challenge for a place in the next 18 months.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Is this that rarest of things on SV? Consensus!

Inasmuch as you can ever be positive on defeat, I am. However, we have foundations for something better and we must build on them. Depth is being developed, a new style is being evolved, we have genuine talent in some positions. Still, we must realise that results are also very important and the team against Ireland should reflect this. I see the potential for problems with GD/ GA so may need to think about that.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
People are being way too harsh on Cawdor and Scott Williams here.

Nahhhh.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm
International Player

Scott Williams should not start against ireland ide put north in with parkes and a back 3 of liam 1/2p and sdeff evans.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Evans
Kenneth
Lee
Hill
AWJ
Shingler
Tips
Falatau if fit

Any one but Davies
Biggar/Patchel
Evans
Parkes
Any one but Williams
North
Halfpenny

Can I make a request please. Would you learned people please use players real names, rather than a mixture of Christian and nick names. Thank you.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Patchell didn't have a good game against England.
However, if we want to continue to play fast open rugby we need to persevere with him.
If I was Gats, thankfully not, with the sudden advent of depth, I would be considering rotating players.
This is necessary with the 2019 RWC in mind.
For example, there appears to be nothing between the three front-row forwards that started and the three front-row forwards that came on in the second half. Why not switch them in consecutive matches?
The same could be said for the back three, the centres, the half-backs, the loose forwards. Only at lock do we have one that has a standard far higher than the next best. I suppose the same could be said of Faletau, but Moriarty is fast improving.
In fact, apart from AWJ, I do not think there is one player that can be sure of their place in the starting lineup.
Fifteen, for example, Hallam Amos, Liam Williams and Ha'penny (plus Anscombe, Patchell & Priestland). Then at ten Biggar, Priestland, Patchell and Anscombe.
Possibly the one area where we are not all that endowed is at centre. However when Foxy is fit and the few youngsters who are fast coming through, this gap could close.
I suppose for completeness I should mention the wings. Cuthbert, North, Hallam, Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Ha'penny.

Sorry if I have missed anyone out but please feel free to contribute.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Patchell didn't have a good game against England.
However, if we want to continue to play fast open rugby we need to persevere with him.
If I was Gats, thankfully not, with the sudden advent of depth, I would be considering rotating players.
This is necessary with the 2019 RWC in mind.
For example, there appears to be nothing between the three front-row forwards that started and the three front-row forwards that came on in the second half. Why not switch them in consecutive matches?
The same could be said for the back three, the centres, the half-backs, the loose forwards. Only at lock do we have one that has a standard far higher than the next best. I suppose the same could be said of Faletau, but Moriarty is fast improving.
In fact, apart from AWJ, I do not think there is one player that can be sure of their place in the starting lineup.
Fifteen, for example, Hallam Amos, Liam Williams and Ha'penny (plus Anscombe, Patchell & Priestland). Then at ten Biggar, Priestland, Patchell and Anscombe.
Possibly the one area where we are not all that endowed is at centre. However when Foxy is fit and the few youngsters who are fast coming through, this gap could close.
I suppose for completeness I should mention the wings. Cuthbert, North, Hallam, Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Ha'penny.

Sorry if I have missed anyone out but please feel free to contribute.

Owen Williams, perhaps! :D

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next