It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

If anyone from Wales can see beyond the six nations 
Club Player

Post If anyone from Wales can see beyond the six nations
At last I saw today something from Wales I have not seen for a while and that is a bit of strength in depth in the squad, as an English fan I have never put the six nations more than a good training exercise for England to try and build up for and win the RWC, you may understand this one day if Wales ever win the RWC that the 6 nations really becomes insignificant.

I know both teams were depleted of a lot of players through injury which have given others opportunity to shine and gain much needed meaningful test time, I think Wales having injuries was a long term advantage forced on Gatland that he had to try other players, this is something Eddie Jones always does ( look how he changed Kruis after a poor couple of games last year ) and I do not think Gatland would have done changes if all "first" choice were available to him no matter how lame some had become.

So do not be too disheartened my Welsh neighbours, you lost today and could have won if things had gone your way but if it were my team I would be happy for the future if the development continues, it's a big if mind because I am not sure Gatland is brave enough to continue it.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: If anyone from Wales can see beyond the six nations
:clap:

Very decent of you. If Wales ever win a world cup by grinding out victories and dropping goals playing the most boring brand of rugby availbe I'll stop watching.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 pm
Club Player

rugbydan wrote:

Very decent of you. If Wales ever win a world cup by grinding out victories and dropping goals playing the most boring brand of rugby availbe I'll stop watching.

yes, shed load of tries from your side today :D :D :D

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:
rugbydan wrote:

yes, shed load of tries from your side today :D :D :D

After the first quarter, it looked like that might have been the case.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:
At last I saw today something from Wales I have not seen for a while and that is a bit of strength in depth in the squad, as an English fan I have never put the six nations more than a good training exercise for England to try and build up for and win the RWC, you may understand this one day if Wales ever win the RWC that the 6 nations really becomes insignificant.

I know both teams were depleted of a lot of players through injury which have given others opportunity to shine and gain much needed meaningful test time, I think Wales having injuries was a long term advantage forced on Gatland that he had to try other players, this is something Eddie Jones always does ( look how he changed Kruis after a poor couple of games last year ) and I do not think Gatland would have done changes if all "first" choice were available to him no matter how lame some had become.

So do not be too disheartened my Welsh neighbours, you lost today and could have won if things had gone your way but if it were my team I would be happy for the future if the development continues, it's a big if mind because I am not sure Gatland is brave enough to continue it.

And the winner to the most condescending post of the day goes to..............

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:

So how have the last two Rugby World Cups gone for England compared with Wales?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

rugbydan wrote:

Gat ball has been very exciting hasn't it?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
youvbeensalmoed wrote:

He has a history of this, a long one...Loves a bite does Salmo.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed he couldn't pronounce his own name which came out as 'Jah Wobble'.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm
World XV Player

Dog wrote:
rugbydan wrote:

Gat ball has been very exciting hasn't it?

Well its attracting the English watchers here, so it must have something :D

Me, I'll take a win which ever way it comes. We just need more of 'em

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

simondavis wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
youvbeensalmoed wrote:

Hello Mr simondavies no gap, hope you are well, cold up here in Whitchurch today with a sprinkling of tiny snow showers

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
youvbeensalmoed wrote:

Hello Mr simondavies no gap, hope you are well, cold up here in Whitchurch today with a sprinkling of tiny snow showers

Not a river fishing day then Salmo, what with the weather and all.....Yet back here for your annual Taff baiting; but only when you win isn't it butt :pirate: You are the opposite of the weather in Whitchurch my man, predictable.

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed he couldn't pronounce his own name which came out as 'Jah Wobble'.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 pm
Club Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:

And they wonder why the world hates them...

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

simondavis wrote:
youvbeensalmoed wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
youvbeensalmoed wrote:

Not a river fishing day then Salmo, what with the weather and all.....Yet back here for your annual Taff baiting; but only when you win isn't it butt :pirate: You are the opposite of the weather in Whitchurch my man, predictable.

If you go back over my old posts I do knot shy away from defeat ( btw I know I spelt not a rather fishing way )

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

rugbydan wrote:

Wait a sec, you’d rather watch them try and run in try’s all day long than win a WC. :shock:

The key is to be able to grind out wins if that’s what game is needed. NZ used to want to win games by being the fastest most skillful team, waste of time unless you lift the trophy at the end. Now, we’ve learnt to do both, and the last 2 WCs would’ve been shite had we not gotten our shit sorted.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
rugbydan wrote:

Wait a sec, you’d rather watch them try and run in try’s all day long than win a WC. :shock:

The key is to be able to grind out wins if that’s what game is needed. NZ used to want to win games by being the fastest most skillful team, waste of time unless you lift the trophy at the end. Now, we’ve learnt to do both, and the last 2 WCs would’ve been shite had we not gotten our shit sorted.

I probably need to explain I was being facetious for our antipodean members. Not only do you produce the worst TMO's in the world you have no sense of humour either.

Now please note I was also being facetious in this response.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:45 pm