It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 8:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Should promotion and relegation be introduced to the 6N? 
World XV Player

Post Should promotion and relegation be introduced to the 6N?
Yet again, Italy have conceded around one hundred points in the space of just two matches. They have now not won a single Six Nations match for three years. Moreover, for some time now Georgia have been ranked higher globally than Italy, while Romania are only one place behind Italy. Therefore, should promotion and relegation be introduced to the Six Nations, just as there is at all other tiers of European rugby?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Should promotion and relegation be introduced to the 6N?
najbritcol wrote:
Yet again, Italy have conceded around one hundred points in the space of just two matches. They have now not won a single Six Nations match for three years. Moreover, for some time now Georgia have been ranked higher globally than Italy, while Romania are only one place behind Italy. Therefore, should promotion and relegation be introduced to the Six Nations, just as there is at all other tiers of European rugby?

Italy had a lot of penalties at the end.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:16 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Too little too late.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Bouch wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Too little too late.

I think the referee might have known that.

Just a guess.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:19 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:

I recall suggesting Georgia for the 6N some time back; nobody seemed to agree.

Sean

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's possible this Season for a wooden spoon for France.
Would you relegate them?

This real potential has to be considered and it isn't just one season positioning ...it is other significanr organisational and revenue potential that would have a significant on the other 5 ...

Just consider consequences before broaching reflex proposals ;)

You might also provide opportunity for others to revise the total 6 Nations and other tournaments structures ...

Careful ....

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:35 pm
World XV Player

(As above) Be careful what you wish for, it is not long since Wales looked to be heading there.

I like the idea, but I can understanding that planning a few years in advance would be difficult if we dont know where some of the games will be plaid or televised from.

I also dont know what the reception would be from those invited to contest either, for the same reason

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What would happen to the income if England or France were relegated

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Regional Player

I agree entirely with this concept! Promotion and relegation would give teams such as Georgia and Romania the rightful chance to compete in the top NH competition. Also it may finally force Italy to be better, and invest in their game at national and local level.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

no chance if its not broken dont fix it. italian rugby is on the up. leave it as it is . the six nations and the five and four nations is all about history of the game to accept promotion will get rid of that no thanks leave it as it is

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Maybe relegation could be considered if the same team finished bottom, say 3 years in a row, but not otherwise, and I would advocate a one match play off between the top Tier 2 side and the bottom Tier 1 side.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:27 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Maybe relegation could be considered if the same team finished bottom, say 3 years in a row, but not otherwise, and I would advocate a one match play off between the top Tier 2 side and the bottom Tier 1 side.

Now the latter I'd definitely agree with.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wombles wrote:
I agree entirely with this concept! Promotion and relegation would give teams such as Georgia and Romania the rightful chance to compete in the top NH competition. Also it may finally force Italy to be better, and invest in their game at national and local level.

Are they better than Italy? I don't know either way but I suspect they aren't.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:

So a team only has to win 1 game to stay in the top flight , no probs use the 6 N as practice then ,.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next