It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 am

Need some information please... 
Mini Player

Post Need some information please...
Well, the boy and myself got tickets for Wales-Italy on Sunday 11th March. First time we've been to the Principality Stadium.

I know you can't take food/drink in which is fine but inside can we buy bottled drinks/ Mars bars or similar as we have a 2 hour train ride ahead of us after the game and although there's shops near the train station they may be busy...that way we've got food in case we get stuck, especially as it's a Sunday..

Any advice for the return trip also on the train- we're going from Cardiff central and heading towards Bath/Salisbury/Romsey.

Thanks , Tone.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Post Re: Need some information please...
I wouldn't expect to do anything after the match other than queue for the train. Plenty of shops inside the stadium. Mind you, it's ten years since I went.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 pm
World XV Player

Not sure about mars bar type things but pies pasties things like that aplenty , bottled water probably , never bought any there, put some Mars bars or whatever in your pocket to go in , worst they can do is take them off you, most important enjoy.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Like Spin said, prepare to queue for the train. Take something warm.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Not sure how old your son is, but I would be surprised if they took a Mars bar off him. They will search you both, so it could happen I guess, but I doubt it. A different story if you are trying to take a packed lunch in or something. They won't let you in with a bottle, but you can buy soft drinks in the stadium. There are food trucks on the concourse and food outlets in the stadium, but to be honest it is over-priced and not great ... you definitely won't want to eat that stuff on the train if it is a couple of hours old.

They have got a much better post-match routine at the station nowadays. There are separate lines depending on where you are travelling, just make sure you join the right one ... they are pretty well marked, but you could check that before the game to be sure you know where to go. I normally stay over, but last time I took the train it went pretty fast. You also have food and drink options at the station after the game, something will be open.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

My boy is a 14 year old tight head who is taller than me already.....I try to feed him regularly or he gets hangry and starts eating stray animals....we are staying over the Saturday night but no hotels available on the Sunday and he has school on Monday. ....Thanks for the info...we'll eat in the stadium at some stage between the games...I'll see about smuggling some flapjack's or something in and get some water or liquids in the stadium....

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not sure about can not take food in, I know you can not take glass or tins etc but not sure about sandwich/rolls etc? anyone sure of this?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

You can take food in, plenty of the rest inside for your delectation.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Food and drink in the Stadium is very expensive, no problem taking in chocolate bars, and quite easy to smuggle in a small bottle of water if well concealed.

Queuing for the trains after the match is a nightmare, particularly if it is raining. The system is that there are approximately 12 queues to various multiple destinations; i.e. Newport, Bristol Parkway, Swindon & Paddington;;;;; Bristol Temple Meads, Taunton & Exeter;;;
Bridgend, Port Talbot and Swansea........

I suggest you join the shortest / fastest moving queue that will get you inside the station complex. The queues do not move until the train has entered the platform; but once you have gained access to the platforms, it is easy to locate a train going in your direction, and you should be able to board it before the crowds converge on the platform. I would try and join a train either going to Portsmouth Harbour, or Bristol Temple Meads, as these places should enable you to locate your destination easy enough. Try not to get yourself in a position where you have to change at Bristol Parkway, as this station has limited connections away from the main Paddington to Cardiff route.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Did anyone say hot dogs.............. :angry4: :naka:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 am
World XV Player

Ive never been searched going in. but its been a few years since I was there.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:05 am
Mini Player

Thanks for the replies folks! Useful information there.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 am
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

everybody is now body searched on entry so taking stuff in is not possible. best to get something outside the ground plenty places around before and after the game due to time of kick of and if you head back to the train station straight after the game should not be much of a problem

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not searched scanned , every one is scanned going in , bags are looked in some are searched , especially those that look like wrong uns , or scunners.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

neilcardiff wrote:
everybody is now body searched on entry so taking stuff in is not possible. best to get something outside the ground plenty places around before and after the game due to time of kick of and if you head back to the train station straight after the game should not be much of a problem

Searched is fair enough, but it depends on the rules applying to what is 'found'. As I say, it is obvious anything hard enough to throe is not allowed, but even my wife's sandwiches are not that hard.

I can not recall a sign saying 'no food'. (which does not mean it is not there, just I did not notice it)

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail