It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
England v Wales test thread 
World XV Player

Post Re: England v Wales test thread
I think there were far more positives out of this game than negatives. England were more powerful around the fringes, Patchel had a very patchy game and disappointed a little. Its a good England side and we pushed them all the way, I thought they were going to beat us to our knees second half after their strong start, but we rallied. All in all we are still in with a decent chance of winning the competition. Obviously, the Ireland game is huge and its a shame Ireland are playng England at Twickenham, i dont see anyone else stopping them, but you never know.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Agreed Blindside. England are a good side but I think we are too now. We have considerably more depth than I thought which bodes really well. We will give Ireland a proper game.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We are a work in progress. Running Ireland and England close and winning our other games would be satisfactory this year.

We need to move on further in the coming year.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Bottom line is, England should be good with a player base bigger than the other home nations combined...and they are.

They often underachieve given this but they will never be terrible.

I've been saying this for a long time. The 2004-11 period was especially mediocre. Having said that, they are exceptionally strong under Eddie Jones and it looks like England's development process has been revolutionised in recent years.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
buglet wrote:
Bottom line is, England should be good with a player base bigger than the other home nations combined...and they are.

I've been saying this for a long time. The 2004-11 period was especially mediocre. Having said that, they are exceptionally strong under Eddie Jones and it looks like England's development process has been revolutionised in recent years.

Yes, if they have good coaching and are organised they will be formidable.

It is an inbuilt advantage.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
buglet wrote:

I think that is why Eddie was so wound up yesterday. He came storming down to pitch side, and apparently later had a rant on radio.

He was not a happy Golum. He saw his play just come to fruition, then come so close to slopping away. England were rattled yesterday.
They were the better side on the day, but it was no gimmi for them and Jones thought it would be.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
buglet wrote:
loosechange wrote:
tycroes8 wrote:
Troron your petty attacks on another poster with a different opinion say everything about you as an individual....

You’ve got issues if you think refs cheat, just suck up the loss and say well done England. Blaming the ref after the game is petty and you deserve all the shit you get.

It was a silly initial post and I think the result was not unfair. However, the TMO did get it wrong.

Refs, touchies, TMOs, coaches, players all get it wrong sometimes, just the way of the world. But to say the refs are bribed because your team lost, not a good look and Tron rightly gave him an earful.

Is the guy an Anglo Saxon New Zealander ?, what about Wales tour of NZ in 69 and what they did with that knowledge to come up with a plan not to have the same ref for the Lions decider in 71.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am
Junior Player

Blindside wrote:
I think there were far more positives out of this game than negatives. England were more powerful around the fringes, Patchel had a very patchy game and disappointed a little. Its a good England side and we pushed them all the way, I thought they were going to beat us to our knees second half after their strong start, but we rallied. All in all we are still in with a decent chance of winning the competition. Obviously, the Ireland game is huge and its a shame Ireland are playng England at Twickenham, i dont see anyone else stopping them, but you never know.

Fully agree there are a lot of positives.

Testament to our perseverance in defense in our second half performance outlined our ability not to soak up points.

The amount of ball we kicked down England's throats and even not finding touch should have indicated some scoring from deep attack, but that didn't happen from England.

I hope Ireland or event the Scots give them a run for their money, something has to give....surely!!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

[quote="AverageBBCjournalist"Yes there was clear water between wales and England... england are a top side

I don’t buy this moving in the right direction stuff. We were behind all game

A pair of centres would help, a hooker and a lock[/quote]

I disagree I think in parks we have found a 12, Dee the replacement Hooker if not there yet shows all the signs of being a top quality 2, as for Hill I never really rated him until this 6N his line out work is up there with the best, its been years since we pinched ball in the line out yet we took Ball off Scotland and England.
Shingler and Navidi have come good another couple of players I thought didn't have it, unfortunately for Navidi Faletau is not going to be replaced just yet, would go with shingle before Moriarty.
I thought J Adams is one to watch, Gareth Davies, has no speed from the ruck or breakdown and now needs to work on that, as for Patchell I thought he did OK, but against Ireland he has another superb pair of Half backs to contend with, but what to do is thankfully the coaches job, still not convinced with Steff Evans.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm
World XV Player

TrueGrit wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Fully agree there are a lot of positives.

Testament to our perseverance in defense in our second half performance outlined our ability not to soak up points.

The amount of ball we kicked down England's throats and even not finding touch should have indicated some scoring from deep attack, but that didn't happen from England.

I hope Ireland or event the Scots give them a run for their money, something has to give....surely!!

Although I agree there are positives, it is quite hard to isolate the rest of the match. Yes, we didn't conceded after approx 20 minutes, but the fact that all their points were scored in that time and they won, is testimony that our defence wasn't good enough or our opening tactic wasn't good enough. Yes it improved but the damage was done.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Yes, we didn't conceded after approx 20 minutes, but the fact that all their points were scored in that time and they won, is testimony that our defence wasn't good enough or our opening tactic wasn't good enough. Yes it improved but the damage was done.

Wow, you give no credit for a perfect and superb pass or the perfect kick?

:kermit:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Yes, we didn't conceded after approx 20 minutes, but the fact that all their points were scored in that time and they won, is testimony that our defence wasn't good enough or our opening tactic wasn't good enough. Yes it improved but the damage was done.

Wow, you give no credit for a perfect and superb pass or the perfect kick?

:kermit:

Who to sorry?

My point is that it is an 80 minute game. If you can score more than the opposition and hold the lead, you win. The fact that they had us at the beginning before we worked them out (which I think we did) is credit to them.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Last year England were criticised for being slow to start our games and only bringing it back in the final 20. So far this year we have scored both the fastest and 2nd fastest tries (2 and 3 mins). I think Jones has obviously got England coming out the blocks much faster, although our game of upping the tempo in the final 20 has suffered with Youngs injured and Wigglesworth being far too slow. The one selection fault above all others of Jones is never getting a 3rd SH involved in the England camp to cover for this exact scenario. If we had had Dan Robson in for the final 20 after spending time in England training, I'd imagine we could have upped to the tempo.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Look, once you fail to recognize good play by the opposition ......

Still, I'm sure you will get what chwarae teg means when it's applied to the opposition in short order..

Bye now.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 pm
World XV Player

trampie wrote:
loosechange wrote:
buglet wrote:
loosechange wrote:
tycroes8 wrote:
Troron your petty attacks on another poster with a different opinion say everything about you as an individual....

You’ve got issues if you think refs cheat, just suck up the loss and say well done England. Blaming the ref after the game is petty and you deserve all the shit you get.

It was a silly initial post and I think the result was not unfair. However, the TMO did get it wrong.

Refs, touchies, TMOs, coaches, players all get it wrong sometimes, just the way of the world. But to say the refs are bribed because your team lost, not a good look and Tron rightly gave him an earful.

Is the guy an Anglo Saxon New Zealander ?, what about Wales tour of NZ in 69 and what they did with that knowledge to come up with a plan not to have the same ref for the Lions decider in 71.

I have no idea what you’re on about bro. If you think the ref was paid, then say so. Then I can laugh at you as well.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next