It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Wales V Scotland . A Prop A Prop my kingdom for A Prop !! 
Regional Player

Post Wales V Scotland . A Prop A Prop my kingdom for A Prop !!
No Not Shakespeare because he talked nothing but Richard the Turd ( or Dick the sh*t if you would rather) but poor old Gregor Townsend (Toony).

Whereas in the AI's Toony was down to his 3rd choice props now he is down to his 5th and 6th choices.

The AI's are all well and good and we did really well against NZ/Australia but they were both teams who came to run the ball.
The 6 Nations are a bit different and I suspect the set piece may well find us out.

For the first time in a long time I believe we actually do have a better side than Wales.
But even in these days of throw the ball about rugby it will all depend on the front 3 and how quickly they can get the ball out the scrum.

Rather sportingly you have given us a chance to get our props fit for another go.
Again AI but not 6N.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42748131

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales V Scotland . A Prop A Prop my kingdom for A Prop !!
macsporran wrote:
No Not Shakespeare because he talked nothing but Richard the Turd ( or Dick the sh*t if you would rather) but poor old Gregor Townsend (Toony).

Whereas in the AI's Toony was down to his 3rd choice props now he is down to his 5th and 6th choices.

The AI's are all well and good and we did really well against NZ/Australia but they were both teams who came to run the ball.
The 6 Nations are a bit different and I suspect the set piece may well find us out.

For the first time in a long time I believe we actually do have a better side than Wales.
But even in these days of throw the ball about rugby it will all depend on the front 3 and how quickly they can get the ball out the scrum.

Rather sportingly you have given us a chance to get our props fit for another go.
Again AI but not 6N.

Welcome in rugby as ever, but I think if Gregor Townsend were coaching Wales, and Gatland were coaching Scotland, Wales would win by 20 points or more.

Why did Glasgow play so badly in the Champions tournament? Is there going to be a similar story for Scotland as the 6N is more of a battle of attrition in February outdoors (except for Cardiff)?

The Scots play such a nice clean game it is pleasing to see you succeed. Being led by the excellent John Barclay should keep the games closer.

Best of luck

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 am
World XV Player

macsporran wrote:

Again AI but not 6N.

There's a Scott from The Blues but currently loaned to Bath who can play either side of the scrum and you are quite welcome to him. Scott Andrews
Hope that helps :thumbup:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
macsporran wrote:

Again AI but not 6N.

There's a Scott from The Blues but currently loaned to Bath who can play either side of the scrum and you are quite welcome to him. Scott Andrews
Hope that helps :thumbup:

:D :D

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:56 pm
World XV Player

Mac your front row is now weak given all the injuries you have. Elsewhere you are now highly competitive and a bright, attack minded side. It will be a cracking game in Cardiff. I wouldn’t like to call it.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Langland Exile wrote:
macsporran wrote:

Again AI but not 6N.

Welcome in rugby as ever, but I think if Gregor Townsend were coaching Wales, and Gatland were coaching Scotland, Wales would win by 20 points or more.

Why did Glasgow play so badly in the Champions tournament? Is there going to be a similar story for Scotland as the 6N is more of a battle of attrition in February outdoors (except for Cardiff)?

The Scots play such a nice clean game it is pleasing to see you succeed. Being led by the excellent John Barclay should keep the games closer.

Best of luck

I think while all the sexy rugby they play is well and good, going forward there is still a soft underbelly. Glasgow had 6 games against Leinster, Exeter and Montpellier all big teams up front.. Pack weights not too dissimilar but when teams attack Scottish teams up front we are not able to cope,
Classic example was Glasgow V Exeter last Sunday.
The Weegies scored 3 stunning tries from at least 50M out and Exeter scored 2 tries from 10M out, They are all worth 5 points.

I love this Scottish team to bits because of the way we try to play running rugby and if you get it wrong against them they will punish you. If you get right however "You can't play the game without the Ball !"

Oh and by the way Hoggy was injured !!

Regards
Macsporran :D

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Langland Exile wrote:
macsporran wrote:

Again AI but not 6N.

Best of luck

I think while all the sexy rugby they play is well and good, going forward there is still a soft underbelly. Glasgow had 6 games against Leinster, Exeter and Montpellier all big teams up front.. Pack weights not too dissimilar but when teams attack Scottish teams up front we are not able to cope,
The Weegies scored 3 stunning tries from at least 50M out and Exeter scored 2 tries from 10M out, They are all worth 5 points.

I love this Scottish team to bits because of the way we try to play running rugby and if you get it wrong against them they will punish you. If you get right however "You can't play the game without the Ball !"

Regards

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

macsporran wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
macsporran wrote:

Again AI but not 6N.

Best of luck

Regards

FWIW Mac, many on here have bemoaned the lack of quality (and passion?) from your lads over the past years. We need a strong Scotland, not just in the odd big game but back with a permanent bang! Many will recall that during our 'Glory days' of the 70's it was almost inevitable that it would regularly be the Scots to give us a game?
I genuinely hope it's arrived permanently mate, and we once again see a Championship of 5 + 1, rather than what it's been since Italy joined, 4 + 2??

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:45 pm
Regional Player

Yes indeed Otto.
I was the Arms Park (I think 1982) to watch a brilliant game of attacking rugby. Remember Paxton's burst up the middle then a beautiful tackle by Clive Rees.

While we are bemoaning our lack of props sad to see a few Welsh casualties as well.
I know the Autumn is clogged up with the AIs but I just wonder about getting all the HC pool games settled before Christmas to avoid some of the injuries that we are now seeing.

As we all know in the Pro 14 teams rotate their squads whereas in the HC they always put their best players out.
Just a thought and no doubt plenty of reasons why not but the attrition rate at the minute is unsustainable.
We all want to see the best players fit to play in the 6 Nations.

In any case I will be wandering the streets of Kerdiff to the Principality next Saturday with a smile on my face win or lose.
Stupidest question of the week . Is there a quiet pub anywhere near the ground where 2 Victor Meldrews (We got the accents as well !!) can enjoy a quiet beer before the game withpout queing for 40 minutes and getting a plastic glass ?

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Richie Gray absent, hasn't been playing much all Season

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... ois/871200

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm
Regional Player

Sad not to have Richie Gray but to be honest he has been out for so long he would not have been a No1 pick anyway. Hope Toonie goes for Ben Toolis who has been brilliant for Embra and is very good round the park and fits with his style of rugby.
Props still the issue for us. As long as we can win some sort of ball then we have a chance.
Very hard to play any sort of game if we are conceding penalties at every scrum.

Look I would pay double the admission fee to watch Finn, Hoggy, Jones and any other players they want to put out between them. Don't care if we win or lose I just want them to do what they do.

Are we good enough to win the Championship. Of course not.
Are we good enough to get me out my seat every game they play ?
That is Toonies mission and if he succeeds I will be a happy man.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

macsporran wrote:
Sad not to have Richie Gray but to be honest he has been out for so long he would not have been a No1 pick anyway. Hope Toonie goes for Ben Toolis who has been brilliant for Embra and is very good round the park and fits with his style of rugby.
Props still the issue for us. As long as we can win some sort of ball then we have a chance.
Very hard to play any sort of game if we are conceding penalties at every scrum.

Look I would pay double the admission fee to watch Finn, Hoggy, Jones and any other players they want to put out between them. Don't care if we win or lose I just want them to do what they do.

Nail on head, we won't win the Championship due to a small squad which seems to get injury ravaged every season. If we ever got to the stage where we had a close to full strength 23 available throughout the 6N then we might get close.

Aim this season should be 3 wins and an improvement of our position in the table from last season.

For similar reasons to us I think Wales might struggle this season, injuries are a real killer.

Game this weekend could go either way, should be a cracker though.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hilljills wrote:
macsporran wrote:

Nail on head, we won't win the Championship due to a small squad which seems to get injury ravaged every season. If we ever got to the stage where we had a close to full strength 23 available throughout the 6N then we might get close.

Aim this season should be 3 wins and an improvement of our position in the table from last season.

For similar reasons to us I think Wales might struggle this season, injuries are a real killer.

Game this weekend could go either way, should be a cracker though.

Yep, too close to call - may the best team win!

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm
World XV Player

It’s very difficult to predict especially as we have such a changed side.
The Scots key backs are all fit. We need our pack to dominate to starve them of possession.
I will go Wales by 5 but am not very confident.
This could be a cracker.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I am sure it will be Pearcey and as ever a great day out regardless of the score.
I still fancy your tight 5 but think our back row may be better with Watson and Barclay but we still don't have a big ball carrier (Possibly Denton coming back but he loses the ball in contact too often) although I don't think Wales have either.
Backs wise I think we probably have it and am still waiting to see Duncan Taylor and Huw Jones play together.

Still classic 6 nations. Quite a few young Welsh guys being given the opportunity at the Principality so plenty of things could happen.

LOVE THE 6 NATIONS. :occasion5:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 am
Profile E-mail