Billy V out of 6NS 
World XV Player

Post Billy V out of 6NS
Vunipola just back from injury put for 6 Ns

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/42682727

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Billy V out of 6NS
I think he would be a much better player about 10kg lighter..

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
I think he would be a much better player about 10kg lighter..

Wouldn't have the 'punch', I don't rate him highly he is not an all round 8 but he is effective if used as part of a game plan and other players fit.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 pm
World XV Player

Our injuries or otherwise unavailable is really mounting... Short of recalling Ben Morgan we are now going to be with an 8 with next to no caps, a back row with minimal caps, a front row that has been shamed in scrums at club level and has no carrying and flankers who are too slow to the breakdown.

I think the struggles of 2017 will pale in comparison to how our pack is going to struggle this year. Short of all the players massively upping their games, I see our forwards being played off the park and we may as well hand the breakdown to our opposition on a silver platter. English players should have been upping their games massively this year, instead English clubs have regressed across the board. It seems the club owners didn't get the memo about moving away from ultra conservative rugby and now it is beginning to show.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yes can see your concerns about the England pack. LH could be a worry and vunipola is the standout 8. People like kruis have gone off the boil a bit. However the depth in England is excellent and you guys always bring a driving line out - no matter who you pick

Also still have some quality operators in there. Has underhill gone enough to ease concerns at 7?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Yes can see your concerns about the England pack. LH could be a worry and vunipola is the standout 8. People like kruis have gone off the boil a bit. However the depth in England is excellent and you guys always bring a driving line out - no matter who you pick

Also still have some quality operators in there. Has underhill gone enough to ease concerns at 7?

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

Underhill is a tackling machine but offers little going forwards. Combined with Robshaw you have 2 guys who will tackles loads but present not much going forwards. If we have Simmonds at 8 then nobody in our back row is a strong carrier in traffic. We could have got away with that is we had Genge, LCD and Sinckler in the front row but we don't.

Curry at 7 and Underhill at 6 would present more balance and offer a more credible breakdown threat but still offer little going forward with heavy carrying and is very short on experience. If Brown is out too then this side is going to be very young and inexperienced.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Troron wrote:
Our injuries or otherwise unavailable is really mounting... Short of recalling Ben Morgan we are now going to be with an 8 with next to no caps, a back row with minimal caps, a front row that has been shamed in scrums at club level and has no carrying and flankers who are too slow to the breakdown.

I think the struggles of 2017 will pale in comparison to how our pack is going to struggle this year. Short of all the players massively upping their games, I see our forwards being played off the park and we may as well hand the breakdown to our opposition on a silver platter. English players should have been upping their games massively this year, instead English clubs have regressed across the board. It seems the club owners didn't get the memo about moving away from ultra conservative rugby and now it is beginning to show.

Since you have about 10 times more players to choose from you will understand that there is not too much sympathy.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Troron wrote:

Since you have about 10 times more players to choose from you will understand that there is not too much sympathy.

I was going to say something similar. Wales, Scotland and France also carry severe injury lists without enjoying the strength-in-depth and player base England have. In fact, given how relatively few key injuries they have, combined with how well the provinces have been doing, and to an extent the national team itself, I actually tip Ireland to win the 6N this time.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The video is interesting.

He smacked his arm into the other guys face - well, not quite.

The other feller ducked his head and the swinging arm smashed into a braced skull.

At least, that's the way I saw it.

Hmmm.

It's on BT.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 am