It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Josh Adams 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Josh Adams
Should Gatland call up this lad into the Wales squad for the 6N.
I think he needs closer attention as we are fast running out of wing options.
Ha'penny not performing up to scratch, injury to North ruling him out and Cuthbert not yet back to his best.
Steff great on the attack but limited on defence and now Hallam may miss some of the 6N.
There are a couple of other options, Brew playing well, probably better than he has ever played, I've never been a Brew fan, but do concede he seems to have improved. Big and strong could have been good had we still believed in Gatland ball. Then we have the speedsters such as Ashton Hewitt starting to make waves.
However, Josh, Liam and Steff are the three players who can cause all sorts of mayhem to opponents because of that ability to step off both feet to beat an opponent, so are more likely to fit into the 'new' Wales way.
I would also like to see Gatland recall Tom Prydie, with Ha'penny off form on play and kicking off the tee I would like to see Tom at FB, he is safe on the high ball and can also to take the long kicks outside of Biggar's range.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7672
Post Re: Josh Adams
I can't say I know enough about Josh Adams to sat whether he is any good. But I think we need to concentrate on improving Steff Evans defence as he is a really good player.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Josh Adams
Brew has resigned with Bath , so I don’t think he can be selected under the new rules.
Agree that Steff is too exciting to give up on. Amos also still needs to work on his defence.


Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Posts: 421
Post Re: Josh Adams
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management have never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.


Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7672
Post Re: Josh Adams
Figaro wrote:
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management have never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.


Good point. You then consider the fullbacks like Dan Evans who would free up other players to play on the wing.


Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2878
Post Re: Josh Adams
Giles is out injured for the rest of the season. But otherwise, Figaro makes good points.


Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6455
Post Re: Josh Adams
Figaro wrote:
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all, come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management has never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.

Owen Lane looks a good prospect. Not getting much chance to get into the picture in the Blues set-up. The Blues mind set is still Gatland ball, they haven't woken up to the fact that it doesn't work anymore. I think he needs to come to Scarlets if he wants to get his hands on the ball more often. :D


Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11909
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
Figaro wrote:
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management have never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.



What point are you making? its like comparing your right ball with your left ball in the mirror, while all the time someone else is shagging your Mrs.

Your comparing players of similar ability, while the problem is the quality of your players compared to other teams/countries. Absolute crap.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61758
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Josh Adams
najbritcol wrote:
Giles is out injured for the rest of the season. But otherwise, Figaro makes good points.



Excepting of course that most of the players are nowhere near as good as Adams is ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Posts: 421
Post Re: Josh Adams
Quote:
Good point. You then consider the fullbacks like Dan Evans who would free up other players to play on the wing.


Liam would have been on the wing anyway so the only player that would "free up" would be Halfpenny, whom the management have been very reluctant to put on the wing for whatever reason. And I think that assuming they wanted to move Halfpenny we'd be more likely to see Patchell or Anscombe at 15 than Dan Evans. Not saying it's what I'd do, but I'm sure at this point it's safe to say that the odds on Dan Evans getting another cap are long indeed.

Blindside wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management have never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.



What point are you making? its like comparing your right ball with your left ball in the mirror, while all the time someone else is shagging your Mrs.

Your comparing players of similar ability, while the problem is the quality of your players compared to other teams/countries. Absolute crap.


I thought my point was fairly clear, but to make it more obvious - I'm not convinced Josh Adams is significantly better than the other available options and I don't see any reason to think that the current Wales management think that either. He may get a call up and a cap, but it's far from certain. And there's no chance whatsoever that Brew will get either.

I've no idea why you're saying they're all crap compared to other countries' players though. They may or may not be, but that has nothing to do with what I said? And the lewd sexism, well, I can only assume you enjoyed that.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 7079
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Josh Adams
Does he have to be significantly better not just better.

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45297
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Josh Adams
Does he have the extra ingredients that demand his inclusion in the squad?

He's certainly scoring a few tries.

Here's an update - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/josh-adams-speaks-wales-first-14126135


Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:14 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 7079
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Josh Adams
I have not seen him play but have heard good things about him from a coach in the English prem

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3522
Post Re: Josh Adams
I like the idea that we have this untapped stream of top class talent playing in the wonderful Aviva. My logic is that they if they can play well in the Aviva then they must be better than what we have already and the next World Cup is in the bag.

Tomas Francis is a good example of that as he was dynamite filling in for Samson in 2015, especially after running out corbisiero domestically that year


Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:34 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11909
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
Figaro wrote:
Quote:
Good point. You then consider the fullbacks like Dan Evans who would free up other players to play on the wing.


Liam would have been on the wing anyway so the only player that would "free up" would be Halfpenny, whom the management have been very reluctant to put on the wing for whatever reason. And I think that assuming they wanted to move Halfpenny we'd be more likely to see Patchell or Anscombe at 15 than Dan Evans. Not saying it's what I'd do, but I'm sure at this point it's safe to say that the odds on Dan Evans getting another cap are long indeed.

Blindside wrote:
Figaro wrote:
Adams remains uncapped so can be called up at any time. If and when he receives a cap however, he will then become ineligible at the start of his next contract, unless A) that contract is with a Welsh side, or B) he has 60 or more caps by then (not likely unless he has a very long contract as that would require him to be a Wales regular for at least 5 years before signing a new contract).

Aled Brew is already capped, so whilst he is technically still eligible to play for Wales in the 6N (and possibly the June internationals depending on when exactly his contract ends), he will become ineligible as soon as his new Bath contract begins.

I'm not sure either are really needed all that much though. Even if Cuthbert is shite and North and Amos are injured, there's still Steff Evans, Liam Williams, and Halfpenny, as well as youngsters Ashton Hewitt, Rhun Williams and Keelan Giles, who have all come within grasping distance of a cap, and Owen Lane, who looks like he might well get one at some point. Josh is doing well but the present management have never looked at him before, whilst the aforementioned youngsters have all at least been named in squads. There's even the possibility of recalls for the likes of Tom James or Tom Prydie, though I doubt either of those will happen.



What point are you making? its like comparing your right ball with your left ball in the mirror, while all the time someone else is shagging your Mrs.

Your comparing players of similar ability, while the problem is the quality of your players compared to other teams/countries. Absolute crap.


I thought my point was fairly clear, but to make it more obvious - I'm not convinced Josh Adams is significantly better than the other available options and I don't see any reason to think that the current Wales management think that either. He may get a call up and a cap, but it's far from certain. And there's no chance whatsoever that Brew will get either.

I've no idea why you're saying they're all crap compared to other countries' players though. They may or may not be, but that has nothing to do with what I said? And the lewd sexism, well, I can only assume you enjoyed that.



I like a bit of lewd sexism, correct there. Perhaps i got the wrong end of the stick in thinking you were saying these players show some kind of strength in that position. If your point was they are as average as each other, i agree. As for Josh Adams he has looked very promising at times, however, his biggest plus is that he may become a top drawer player, we know the others wont.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron