It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Who should Wales number 8 be for 6N? 
World XV Player

Post Who should Wales number 8 be for 6N?
Now that Faletau is out of the 6N who should Wales have at 8.
There also needs to be a balance in the 6 & 7 positions.
Lydiate appears to be getting back to his best so could snatch the number 6 jersey but what about 7 & 8?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Who should Wales number 8 be for 6N?
Is Moriaty back?

If not then Navidi at 8 with Tips at 7.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Who will be fit , still got your boots.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

King cover 8? Griffiths an option? This lad from England? Rhodri Jones?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I am an inch taller, and am 5 kgs lighter than Faletau.. :D

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:05 pm
World XV Player

I'm an inch shorter and about 12kg's heavier. And South African. And 39 years old.
And crap at rugby.

I'm a shoe-in.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 pm
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Is Moriaty back?

Navidi at 8 Tips at 7, we're doomed.

Moriarty showed up well because of the Balance of the BR (Faletau, Warbs) will have to work a lot harder with Navidi and tips in the side.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Is Moriaty back?

Navidi at 8 Tips at 7, we're doomed.

Moriarty showed up well because of the Balance of the BR (Faletau, Warbs) will have to work a lot harder with Navidi and tips in the side.

He started at 8 against England in the last 6N with Warburton and Tipuric at 6 and 7.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Worth a call up?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... g-14026109

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Haven't seen him but I'd say there is more option at 8 for Wales than for England. Currently England have Billy V, Hughes, Mercer and Simmonds as 8's, none of them particularly old. He'd have to have some fantastic games at Sale or move to a bigger club to really be in contention, and even then needs to fit into the team and game plan Jones wants.

Wales have Faletau at 8 but I don't know what the pecking order is after that. Moriarty is a flanker convert so I guess Sam Moore could more easily jump up the pecking order.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Haven't seen him but I'd say there is more option at 8 for Wales than for England. Currently England have Billy V, Hughes, Mercer and Simmonds as 8's, none of them particularly old. He'd have to have some fantastic games at Sale or move to a bigger club to really be in contention, and even then needs to fit into the team and game plan Jones wants.

Wales have Faletau at 8 but I don't know what the pecking order is after that. Moriarty is a flanker convert so I guess Sam Moore could more easily jump up the pecking order.

The pecking order at eight is definitely Faletau then Moriarty. After that is gets decidedly weaker, so we do need options there. He's very young, but definitely one to keep tabs on.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Troron wrote:

The pecking order at eight is definitely Faletau then Moriarty. After that is gets decidedly weaker, so we do need options there. He's very young, but definitely one to keep tabs on.

Is Dai Young's spawn Thomas available? I had heard that he was injured. He could add to the loose forward debate.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
tom21 wrote:
Troron wrote:

Is Dai Young's spawn Thomas available? I had heard that he was injured. He could add to the loose forward debate.

Played top drawer against La Rochelle on Sunday

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
tom21 wrote:
Troron wrote:

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
tom21 wrote:
Troron wrote:

Seems to be on the naughty list for some reason (playing in England I guess). For Sam Cross to be picked after one pro game above one of the best performers in the Aviva Premiership and RCC in recent seasons suggest that selection might not be performance related.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I would agree, and I doubt it is Gatland's own initiative. James Davies is something else altogether, and it is obvious Edwards wants him in the team.

WRU executive at its best, silent but deadly.. ;)

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:37 pm