It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:35 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Warburton out for 6 Ns 
Club Player

Post Re: Warburton out for 6 Ns
Was the damage done on the Lions tour?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Warbs aged 29 has 74 caps. Faletau aged 27 has 70 caps. So not that much in it. Why do posters keep banging on about Warbs injury problems? He puts his body on the line. Give him a break folks.

Never heard any moans about his playing , as you said he puts his body on the line , probably more than what it can take.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Warbs is a great player and if he is injury prone that is because he fronts up again and again. He does not get the credit he deserves. How many times have people asked on here during a mtach "is Warburton playing" when they should know that he does so much unseen work?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Warburton can be an excellent player, but the trouble is he is always picked even when (as happens too often) he is unfit or out-of-form. This is all the more astonishing when you consider that the back row is one area where Wales do have genuine strength-in-depth, as proven this Autumn by the performances of players like Navidi and Shingler.

I would agree with you to a point. I think S Warburtonnon form is one of our best players. I don't agree that Navidi and Shingler are in the same league.

I don't think it is criticising Warburton to state that he gets a lot of injuries. Like Roberts was, he seems to be a player that is picked in the international squad immediately after an injury and has played when his form hasn't been great.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

The WRU should pay 100% of his wages, not sure what Cardiff are getting out of it.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Their choice to offer him a contract or not , when did he get injured this time, can't remember.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
Their choice to offer him a contract or not , when did he get injured this time, can't remember.

Over the Summer he developed his neck injury in training, and now he has had an operation on a longstanding knee problem.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:

Over the Summer he developed his neck injury in training, and now he has had an operation on a longstanding knee problem.

Keeping him standing for 2019 World Cup where he will start at 6

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 am
International Player

From the BBC site -
"In consultation with the WRU and Cardiff Blues we decided it would be proactive to have surgery," he said.
The operation was to correct an existing problem, not a new injury."

Basically if it wasn't for the existence of the Lions he would have had this procedure done back in May. Just another little benefit of having an occasional invitation team playing games that are irrelevant to the world rankings interests being put before those of our national team.
All you Lions fans this is your fault.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The highest honour and recognition of a player's ability and you think it's irrelevant?

:kermit:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:10 am
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
The WRU should pay 100% of his wages, not sure what Cardiff are getting out of it.

That is the gamble they take. As far as I know they didn't have to sign him.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Bouch wrote:
The highest honour and recognition of a player's ability and you think it's irrelevant?

The Lions knew that he wouldn't be in consideration for their next tour in 2021 so didn't give a crap if, as a result of delayed knee surgery , he got crocked on their 2017 money making exercise.
That putting the wants of a rugby circus first could result in harming the future prospects of the player and the national team he pays for is not a concern of theirs.
It's the highest honour blah blah blah and the fans love the Lions so on it goes.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Bouch wrote:

The Lions knew that he wouldn't be in consideration for their next tour in 2021 so didn't give a crap if, as a result of delayed knee surgery , he got crocked on their 2017 money making exercise.
That putting the wants of a rugby circus first could result in harming the future prospects of the player and the national team he pays for is not a concern of theirs.
It's the highest honour blah blah blah and the fans love the Lions so on it goes.

Surely that up to the player to decide, preference of what is or isn't something they aspire to achieve. Warburton seems very good at managing his own career. He could have decided to have the operation and declined to tour. Unless he's thick he can make his own judgments regards his body and what he decides are career goals.

For me, he has been a very average club player,he does step up to challenge of international rugby well though, form can be a issue for him but some of his international performances are top drawer. Which kind of makes you think he seldom gives his best for The Blues and has been a drain on resources rather than a asset.

Obviously a very good player on his day. To many average days to make him a great in my opinion. I'd put Martyn Williams before him as a player for both club and country..... I'd be in a small minority there though ;)

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Blindside wrote:
eog wrote:

Surely that up to the player to decide, If the invitation touring team whose results are irrelevant to international rugby rankings didn't exist he'd be spared that decision. As are the players of every other rugby playing country except Ire, Scot and Eng preference of what is or isn't something they aspire to achieve. The rest of the world's rugby players seem to get along fine without feeling like underachievers for not being selected for a supra national team. Warburton seems very good at managing his own career. He could have decided to have the operation and declined to tour. Given the celebrity, the hype, the money, with practically all welsh rugby telling him the Lions captaincy is the pinnacle, with the national coach encouraging him. etc. surely you jest. Unless he's thick he can make his own judgments regards his body and what he decides are career goals. There's so much hype, money (see above) about the Lions it's irrelevant how thick or smart a player is. The temptation is huge. He isn't the first Welsh player to put off surgery in order to go a Lions tour, to their own and our national teams detriment (also their club/region).

For me, he has been a very average club player,he does step up to challenge of international rugby well though, form can be a issue for him but some of his international performances are top drawer. Which kind of makes you think he seldom gives his best for The Blues and has been a drain on resources rather than a asset.

Obviously a very good player on his day. To many average days to make him a great in my opinion. I'd put Martyn Williams before him as a player for both club and country..... I'd be in a small minority there though ;)

WTF we're getting pretty close to agreeing on that.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:
eog wrote:

Surely that up to the player to decide, If the invitation touring team whose results are irrelevant to international rugby rankings didn't exist he'd be spared that decision. As are the players of every other rugby playing country except Ire, Scot and Eng preference of what is or isn't something they aspire to achieve. The rest of the world's rugby players seem to get along fine without feeling like underachievers for not being selected for a supra national team. Warburton seems very good at managing his own career. He could have decided to have the operation and declined to tour. Given the celebrity, the hype, the money, with practically all welsh rugby telling him the Lions captaincy is the pinnacle, with the national coach encouraging him. etc. surely you jest. Unless he's thick he can make his own judgments regards his body and what he decides are career goals. There's so much hype, money (see above) about the Lions it's irrelevant how thick or smart a player is. The temptation is huge. He isn't the first Welsh player to put off surgery in order to go a Lions tour, to their own and our national teams detriment (also their club/region).

WTF we're getting pretty close to agreeing on that.

If you want to win things it has to be warburton all day. Great pub argument though, even if your both wrong

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next