It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Warburton out for 6 Ns 
World XV Player

Post Re: Warburton out for 6 Ns
x_ile wrote:
I've always thought employers carry insurance for this sort of thing?? :dontknow:

Doesn't cover player absence impact?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:32 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I wouldn't like to be the one paying his wages, not very good value for money.

That's a bit of a twattish POV. The rule is if you are injured at work, doing your job, the your employers are liable. Why should a rugby player be any different?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I fell down stairs one night broke two toes, bandaged them and went to work the next day, it hurt like hell.

I did this for five weeks and then the pain went away.

A couple of months later I got sick after eating avocado's for my birthday breakfast ... I was off for 3 days.

They docked my pay 3 Days!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Tony Panties wrote:
x_ile wrote:
I've always thought employers carry insurance for this sort of thing?? :dontknow:

Doesn't cover player absence impact?

Probably not but must surely cover treatment, at least, and possibly some of the wage bill?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Given how often players are injured, I would have thought the excess would be pretty high to claim.

Claiming for players out on season long injuries possibly wouldn't be worthwhile claiming for? E.g. off the top of my head, players with season long injuries include Jonathan Davies, Warburton, Ball, Keelan Giles along with loads of Dragons players, etc. I'm sure someone could looks

Taken from a BBC article in October:

"Jackman had the bare minimum of 22 fit players available for last weekend's Pro14 derby at Cardiff Blues, with 29 on the casualty list when he named his side before wingers Jared Rosser and Ashton Hewitt were also forced out after breaking down before kick-off."

This is the exception but not surprising. The large squad numbers are there precisely to cover this.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Injured a lot... he can’t have many more miles left on the clock

Hopefully wales will be able to get a fit moriaty, falatau, warburton backrow for the World Cup

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

eborr wrote:

That's a bit of a twattish POV. The rule is if you are injured at work, doing your job, the your employers are liable. Why should a rugby player be any different?

If I took as much time off work as him I wouldn't have a job, injured or not, actually I would only need to have taken a fraction of the time off that he has. He's just kissed goodbye to a whole season, never mind the rest of the time out injured he's had. I'm surprised any club would want him.
Compare him with Dan Evans at the O's, what is it, 3 years and played every game, or something like that. Warburton's a poor value for money player if ever there was one.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 pm
World XV Player

eborr wrote:

If I took as much time off work as him I wouldn't have a job, injured or not, actually I would only need to have taken a fraction of the time off that he has. He's just kissed goodbye to a whole season, never mind the rest of the time out injured he's had. I'm surprised any club would want him.
Compare him with Dan Evans at the O's, what is it, 3 years and played every game, or something like that. Warburton's a poor value for money player if ever there was one.

To be fair though, although I don't know what you do, I guessing that you aren't a pro rugby player. If you work in an office, your bosses won't have staff in the wings ready to take your spot if you get a bad cold that keeps you out of work for 2 months.

The squad sizes selected will reflect roughly what number of players they expect to get injured. Plus rugby players' contracts will be renewed on the basis of injury. More injuries, the less a player will command.

Teams aren't obliged to sign players, likewise players don't have to accept the wages.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I wonder how long it will take before Sam is recognised as one of the all time greats? Probably not during his playing career, but maybe after he retires people will cut out the vitriol.
Sam's been my personal hero ever since I met Gethin and found out he is a *my love*

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:35 pm
World XV Player

Just read Talupe is crocked now as well

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
Just read Talupe is crocked now as well

Loked bad when he went off yesterday? knee?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:53 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
I wonder how long it will take before Sam is recognised as one of the all time greats? Probably not during his playing career, but maybe after he retires people will cut out the vitriol.
Sam's been my personal hero ever since I met Gethin and found out he is a *my love*

Yep. I cannot understand the grief Warbs gets on here.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Warbs aged 29 has 74 caps. Faletau aged 27 has 70 caps. So not that much in it. Why do posters keep banging on about Warbs injury problems? He puts his body on the line. Give him a break folks.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Warburton can be an excellent player, but the trouble is he is always picked even when (as happens too often) he is unfit or out-of-form. This is all the more astonishing when you consider that the back row is one area where Wales do have genuine strength-in-depth, as proven this Autumn by the performances of players like Navidi and Shingler.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next