It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
Gatland Out 
World XV Player

Post Re: Gatland Out
Old Second Row wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Word over here is the WRU are looking to throw big money at Dave Rennie.

If so I reckon that's a good plan. He's a top coach and can get the best out of players no one else sees potential in.

Good for Wales, bloody good for Wales, bad for NZ! He’s one of the best we have imho. I guess it’ll get him some good experience if he does get the job.

Wales is proving a good International apprenticeship for Kiwi coaches.

I'm surprised we're not being accused of PI poaching, after all, NZ is a PI.

Nah bro, none of us will pull out the poaching card, it’s all a bit over done tbh. :) Besides, I wouldn’t get angry if a family member decided to help out the homeless, why would I get angry at Rennie?

:D
I read somewhere that Rennie is favourite to replace Gats - sounds a good choice, just a shame it can't happen sooner...

hear hear ...

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm
World XV Player

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Berlin Warrior wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Word over here is the WRU are looking to throw big money at Dave Rennie.

If so I reckon that's a good plan. He's a top coach and can get the best out of players no one else sees potential in.

Good for Wales, bloody good for Wales, bad for NZ! He’s one of the best we have imho. I guess it’ll get him some good experience if he does get the job.

Wales is proving a good International apprenticeship for Kiwi coaches.

I'm surprised we're not being accused of PI poaching, after all, NZ is a PI.

Nah bro, none of us will pull out the poaching card, it’s all a bit over done tbh. :) Besides, I wouldn’t get angry if a family member decided to help out the homeless, why would I get angry at Rennie?

:D
I read somewhere that Rennie is favourite to replace Gats - sounds a good choice, just a shame it can't happen sooner...

I think you guys will do well in the 6Ns tbh, play like you did on Saturday and anything’s possible. See what happens I guess, but it’ll be the tipping point for a lot on here. Going to be tough with Ireland, Scotland and the poms playing well.
DR is a popular coach in NZ, as FMYs said, he pulled the lowly chiefs out of the hole and won some silverware, was very impressive stuff. One things he did do was change many opinions about the Chiefs, they used to be everyone’s 2nd favorite team until he came along. :D I’m sure he’s been involved in age grade ABs as well but can’t remember.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 pm
World XV Player

Ref DR ...there are some stepping stones too ...cue Henry and Hansen presence in UK Coaching, cue also Schmidt and his formidable career path with Clermont, Leinster and now Ireland.

PS I have not mentioned Gatland in the above comment (Wasps, Ireland, Wales, Lions etc) :D

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:28 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Ref DR ...there are some stepping stones too ...cue Henry and Hansen presence in UK Coaching, cue also Schmidt and his formidable career path with Clermont, Leinster and now Ireland.

PS I have not mentioned Gatland in the above comment (Wasps, Ireland, Wales, Lions etc) :D

Yes, quite.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

There’s no doubting that the NH is a good place for our coaches to build on their coaching cv’s, it’s basically working behind enemy lines which is a huge bonus should they return to coach our representative sides. Pretty much no NH coaches have that insight.
WG is a bloody good coach and I think he’ll get a decent gig should he look for ones after Wales, almost certainly not in NZ, maybe a tier 2 country ......again. :twisted:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am
World XV Player

you say Gats is a good coach but you don't want him, hmmm! :D

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 am
World XV Player

Ha ha I think it’s a bit more if a wind up... he is good enough for Wales but not NZ

My view is he is a fine and experienced coach and was once quite innovative

However he has now been there too long and we are stuck in a bit of a rut. I think at the top level the side would benefit from a clean slate and a fresh start in terms of selection.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

really, loosie you old dog you. :D

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

There’s no doubting that the NH is a good place for our coaches to build on their coaching cv’s, it’s basically working behind enemy lines which is a huge bonus should they return to coach our representative sides. Pretty much no NH coaches have that insight.
WG is a bloody good coach and I think he’ll get a decent gig should he look for ones after Wales, almost certainly not in NZ, maybe a tier 2 country ......again. :twisted:

Brilliant :thumbup: :P

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

You know what's striking about this mate. It's the poverty of NH coaching. Your coaches come up here because they are very very good at what they do. And our coaches do not coach in the SH. Other than Ronan O'Gara, a relative novice, who apparantly is going to The Crusaders. It's a joke...In short, in the SH, you trust your young coaching talent and here in the North we don't...The elephant in the room is Why? Rugby league is the same, all of the innovation comes from the South...I'm being simplistic and realise that money and wages have a lot to with it but overall this has been is the way the satus quo for a very long time. I admire the Scots for giving Gregor Townsend his head at Glasgow and now the Scottish national side but even he learnt his trade from Kiwi coaching staff.. It's daft, we in the North surely must trust and proivide pathways throught the system, what system I say to myself, so that our coaching staff are as much in demand as yours..

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
you say Gats is a good coach but you don't want him, hmmm! :D

He has to coach in super rugby first, that’s the golden rule. If he doesn’t, then he has zero chance. He’s stirred the NZRFU a bit too much recently and the bridges have been burnt. His experience and quality means nothing unless he gets home for a super gig, which I think he isn’t willing to do, and the NZRFU aren’t willing to offer. We have good coaches already.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Ha ha I think it’s a bit more if a wind up... he is good enough for Wales but not NZ

My view is he is a fine and experienced coach and was once quite innovative

However he has now been there too long and we are stuck in a bit of a rut. I think at the top level the side would benefit from a clean slate and a fresh start in terms of selection.

No wind up, except for the tier 2 joke. He has no chance of being the AB coach.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:00 pm
World XV Player

Just seeing if I can post on this thread, just got a message saying I’m not allowed. :scratch:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Just seeing if I can post on this thread, just got a message saying I’m not allowed. :scratch:

WTF? :dontknow:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next