It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
South Africa; The Last A.I 2018 
World XV Player

Post Re: South Africa; The Last A.I 2018
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
I have been going on about the front five issues for a number of months... not just in terms of set piece but general Work in the tight

I think Dacey has shown he is decent player but probably not really up to it. I can see gatland taking Owens with dee as back up and Dacey 3rd choice in 6 nations... giving Elias an opportunity to replace Dacey in the summer tour

LH...Wyn Jones came through surprisingly well.

TH... brown has attributes but so did rhodri jones. Lee is injured a fair bit and Francis is overweight. The lad at the blues doesn’t seem to be able to stay fit for more than 5 mins either

Lock... daft Seb Davies wasn’t given a try. Does Cory Hill have the power or just a back rower? Beard off the pace at the moment

The biggest disappointment of the Autumn for me.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I have been going on about the front five issues for a number of months... not just in terms of set piece but general Work in the tight

I think Dacey has shown he is decent player but probably not really up to it. I can see gatland taking Owens with dee as back up and Dacey 3rd choice in 6 nations... giving Elias an opportunity to replace Dacey in the summer tour

TH... brown has attributes but so did rhodri jones. Lee is injured a fair bit and Francis is overweight. The lad at the blues doesn’t seem to be able to stay fit for more than 5 mins either

Lock... daft Seb Davies wasn’t given a try. Does Cory Hill have the power or just a back rower? Beard off the pace at the moment

Lion bite or not... I still think Baldwin will be in contention as 1st or 2nd choice

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile YIM
World XV Player

MattGaff wrote:

Lion bite or not... I still think Baldwin will be in contention as 1st or 2nd choice

Wyn Jones is starting to breathe down Rob Evans' neck for that loose head berth. He is in the same league as Gethin Jenkins as regards turnover ball. Rob may have the edge when it comes to the loose play as he does have superior handling skills. Rob will probably be a better bet playing the 'new Gatland ball' game, but great to have two loose forwards of international class. Tighthead is a different story, would be good barring injuries Samson is solid up front but it falls away after that. Being injury prone is he able to see out the 6N without injury, I have my doubts? Not sure at this stage how Brown will develop but he has the potential to be a good 'un and he looks naturally 'chunky'.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just rewatched the Boks/Wales game. We did leave at least two tries on the table. Patchell is not the quickest thinker on the planet, he fluffed a certain try by panicking. I was impressed with Wyn Jones. Stole the ball from the Saffers three times when they were pressing. Biggar definitely engineered the first two tries, but the try still needed to be finished. Hallam was brilliant in this respect, I hope he is not sidelined for too long.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23