It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
South Africa; The Last A.I 2018 
World XV Player

Post Re: South Africa; The Last A.I 2018
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
But Henson is given some leeway to change the game. I don't think the international side allowed anyone since Shane finished. Th eplayers like Henson can turn a game or hand it over depending on the day. I am a huge Henson fan and really grieve what we missed from him due to poor handling by agents and coaches.

And his own faults, let's not pretend Henson was a good personality or particularly intelligent in non-rugby stuff. You don't get shunted around as many clubs as him, falling from national side to a tier 2 club if you don't have some serious faults. Hell the guy managed to piss off the Bath team so much he got himself knocked out before he had even played a game for them. They guy was and is a *prk*. You don't know how many players or staff in the national side he may have rubbed up the wrong way too. Hook I'd say was a better example of a player with a great skillset who was hard done by, Henson gives the impression that a lot of his fall from grace was in large part down to his attitude.

I would agree. Great player, bad attitude.

The clubs that have employed Henson recently are very happy with him.

Perhaps he's not the man he was.

The Dragons are going to use him to teach their young players.

I wonder if he can pass on his skills?

If only skills were like gonorrhea :D

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tycroes8 wrote:
Hook is a busted flush totally found out not good enough at centre or outside half overrated and always has been...

Isn't a major problem of his that, at both club and country level, he gets moved around too much rather than focusing on one position and perfecting it?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Our coaching focus at regional level ad been shite, look at what Scotland are reaping from Townsend setting up the theme at Glasgow. How many keep on saying 4 regions is correctt, look at tje Scots with only 2.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:20 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
But Henson is given some leeway to change the game. I don't think the international side allowed anyone since Shane finished. Th eplayers like Henson can turn a game or hand it over depending on the day. I am a huge Henson fan and really grieve what we missed from him due to poor handling by agents and coaches.

And his own faults, let's not pretend Henson was a good personality or particularly intelligent in non-rugby stuff. You don't get shunted around as many clubs as him, falling from national side to a tier 2 club if you don't have some serious faults. Hell the guy managed to piss off the Bath team so much he got himself knocked out before he had even played a game for them. They guy was and is a *prk*. You don't know how many players or staff in the national side he may have rubbed up the wrong way too. Hook I'd say was a better example of a player with a great skillset who was hard done by, Henson gives the impression that a lot of his fall from grace was in large part down to his attitude.

I would agree. Great player, bad attitude.

The clubs that have employed Henson recently are very happy with him.

Perhaps he's not the man he was.

The Dragons are going to use him to teach their young players.

I wonder if he can pass on his skills?

If only skills were like gonorrhea :D

Nah, by the time you get that you are already fukd

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
tycroes8 wrote:
Hook is a busted flush totally found out not good enough at centre or outside half overrated and always has been...

Isn't a major problem of his that, at both club and country level, he gets moved around too much rather than focusing on one position and perfecting it?

No the major problem was he makes to many bad decisions. Wonderfully elusive runner in space and good skills. For me he should have been a 13.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

daidimview wrote:
Our coaching focus at regional level ad been shite, look at what Scotland are reaping from Townsend setting up the theme at Glasgow. How many keep on saying 4 regions is correctt, look at tje Scots with only 2.

Yep! The Scots have good sides every 15 to 20 years. :D

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
daidimview wrote:

Indeed. While Scotland have played some scintillating rugby lately, there have been too many false dawns for them when it comes to the crunch. Let us not forget they have not won any silverware since 1999 (ironically with Wales' assistance that year). Also, before anyone expects them to win by 30 points plus in Cardiff come Feb, since the 6N was created in 2000 they have only won six away matches in the tournament - four against Italy, one against Wales way back in 2002 and one against Ireland in 2010.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:
daidimview wrote:

Indeed. While Scotland have played some scintillating rugby lately, there have been too many false dawns for them when it comes to the crunch. Let us not forget they have not won any silverware since 1999 (ironically with Wales' assistance that year). Also, before anyone expects them to win by 30 points plus in Cardiff come Feb, since the 6N was created in 2000 they have only won six away matches in the tournament - four against Italy, one against Wales way back in 2002 and one against Ireland in 2010.

I appreciate what you are saying - don't get carried away. Bu your argument is a bit like saying "Scotland can't beat Wales because we have won more 6 Nations titles". The historic performances mean nothing. Our 2008 win has nothing to do with the form that Scotland have at the moment. I would be surprised if we beat them.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:
daidimview wrote:

I appreciate what you are saying - don't get carried away. Bu your argument is a bit like saying "Scotland can't beat Wales because we have won more 6 Nations titles". The historic performances mean nothing. Our 2008 win has nothing to do with the form that Scotland have at the moment. I would be surprised if we beat them.

Yes, but the overall recent record (i.e. until the match back in February) has been overwhelmingly in Wales' favour. And given that Wales have home advantage, I still expect Wales to win by two points. Further, even if Scotland do beat Wales, I still don't expect them to win the tournament, as England and Ireland shall remain too strong.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think Wales will beat Scotland. The forwards match up ok, and really Scotland only have 3 sources of attack. If they are marshalled we should contain them.

Also, dont discount 'having the indian sign' over them as NZ do to us. It may mean as little as not having to try 101% just to make a showing, which usually coats more than it gains. If Hogg is off form, they are down to the wings, ok and maybe Pygos at close range.

Right, now that I have doomed our chances, lets move on :D

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I wouldnt like to bet on it either way.

That in itself says a lot, as Scotland in Cardiff as been a gimee for some time.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
I wouldnt like to bet on it either way.

That in itself says a lot, as Scotland in Cardiff as been a gimee for some time.

Indeed, even in the 70's Wales-Scotland matches were less one-sided than they have hitherto been in recent years.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

6N in 2017

Scotland scored 29 points against us in February; we scraped together 13 points in reply.

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/matchcentre/team_stats_wales_v_scotland.php

Good pies.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 am
World XV Player

Looking back over the Autumn series as a whole, I do think we competed pretty well up front even though our set piece looked shaky at times. Considering how many injuries we had, we weren't really blown away in any of the games though and we were down to the bare bones in some positions on Saturday.

We scored some good tries in the games, but still struggle to create opportunities, especially when we are in the opposition 22. I'm not really sure the contenders to Webb's number 9 shirt really put their hands up and I would maybe like to see Tomos Williams involved in the 6N. I think he would give a good alternative to Webb and might be capable of providing a bit more control.

The question about the 10/12 axis still hasn't really been resolved, but Owen Williams and Parkes are now options at 12 for the 6N along with Scott Williams and Roberts. I would have liked to seen a bit more of Watkin as he looked good in the brief glimpses we did see and of course we didn't see anything of Tyler Morgan. I thought Amos had a good game on Saturday and will be in contention to be in the match day 23 in the 6N.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:02 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I have been going on about the front five issues for a number of months... not just in terms of set piece but general Work in the tight

I think Dacey has shown he is decent player but probably not really up to it. I can see gatland taking Owens with dee as back up and Dacey 3rd choice in 6 nations... giving Elias an opportunity to replace Dacey in the summer tour

LH...Wyn Jones came through surprisingly well.

TH... brown has attributes but so did rhodri jones. Lee is injured a fair bit and Francis is overweight. The lad at the blues doesn’t seem to be able to stay fit for more than 5 mins either

Lock... daft Seb Davies wasn’t given a try. Does Cory Hill have the power or just a back rower? Beard off the pace at the moment

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next