It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
South Africa; The Last A.I 2018 
Club Player

Post Re: South Africa; The Last A.I 2018
Bouch wrote:
Brizzle wrote:
I have never seen Wales concede so many turnovers - there is a problem at the breakdown

Do you think? Tips and Sam injured, Ellis injured as well.

They're down to U20s and old men down in Llanelli, the Wales conveyor belt.

Maybe but the new back row were looking good until this match.
Navidi in particular.

Wales were out muscled at the breakdown. It did not look as if they were committing less players.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Dan Evans has been a lot less effective for the Ospreys in recent months. A solid Regional player but not an international. Are there any good young fullbacks on the horizon?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:
Dan Evans has been a lot less effective for the Ospreys in recent months. A solid Regional player but not an international. Are there any good young fullbacks on the horizon?

Rhun Williams

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:01 pm
World XV Player

daidimview wrote:
Evan Roberts wrote:

Rhun Williams

Hallam Amos?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sam Davies and Dan Evans are both nowhere near international class.
Between them, they lost a match against an Italian side last year by kicking the ball down the throats of the Italians who said thank you very much and kept running the ball back. With the result that, after all the tackling that Ospreys had to do, they were out on their feet in the last 10 minutes of the game.
If it wasn't Sam kicking the good ball away it was Dan.
Sorry, in my book neither of them have a good rugby brain. Yes, they do the occasional thing OK, but a match lasts 80 minutes and not an occasion.
I'd far sooner have, wait for it, Gavin Henson and James Hook than those two, any day.
James Hook is being wasted in the Ospreys set up, as he was before so he is currently being misused.
Sam or James at ten, if I were the coach it would be a no-brainer, James any day.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Between them, they lost a match against an Italian side last year by kicking the ball down the throats of the Italians who said thank you very much and kept running the ball back. With the result that, after all the tackling that Ospreys had to do, they were out on their feet in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Sorry, in my book neither of them have a good rugby brain. Yes, they do the occasional thing OK, but a match lasts 80 minutes and not an occasion.
I'd far sooner have, wait for it, Gavin Henson and James Hook than those two, any day.
James Hook is being wasted in the Ospreys set up, as he was before so he is currently being misused.
Sam or James at ten, if I were the coach it would be a no-brainer, James any day.

The fact that 2 of the best handlers and runners in the game persistently kicked sounds more like instructions than instinct to me. Sam Davies I suppose does have a tendency to kick, but not long return kicks, mostly skimmers though.

Te days of allowing individuals to do their own thing seem to be gone. It is now 'if you are in your own 25, belt the ball as far as you can to give people time to get back in position'. It is this that was the downfall of Henson. The support would not follow him, but get back on to their marks to defend.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:

The fact that 2 of the best handlers and runners in the game persistently kicked sounds more like instructions than instinct to me. Sam Davies I suppose does have a tendency to kick, but not long return kicks, mostly skimmers though.

Te days of allowing individuals to do their own thing seem to be gone. It is now 'if you are in your own 25, belt the ball as far as you can to give people time to get back in position'. It is this that was the downfall of Henson. The support would not follow him, but get back on to their marks to defend.

Did you watch Babos (SH) and Henson (FH) against the much vaunted Ulster team on Friday evening?
It was a masterful demonstration of how to control a game even though the team was outmuscled and featuring a team full of youngsters.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Did you watch Babos (SH) and Henson (FH) against the much vaunted Ulster team on Friday evening?
It was a masterful demonstration of how to control a game even though the team was outmuscled and featuring a team full of youngsters.

They didn't control the game enough to concede a try in injury time, having been in the lead with just two minutes to go. Still, in many ways I agree they were impressive.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

We won, blew a couple of decent chances due to white line fever too!

Should never have let them get close let alone go in front having been 18 ponts up but can't complain with the win!

We closed the game out well after we got back in front and I don't remember SA getting a chance to take a drop goal and we were disciplined when they got into our half after that!

6/10 performance but 10/10 result

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:

But Henson is given some leeway to change the game. I don't think the international side allowed anyone since Shane finished. Th eplayers like Henson can turn a game or hand it over depending on the day. I am a huge Henson fan and really grieve what we missed from him due to poor handling by agents and coaches.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

soap wrote:
But Henson is given some leeway to change the game. I don't think the international side allowed anyone since Shane finished. Th eplayers like Henson can turn a game or hand it over depending on the day. I am a huge Henson fan and really grieve what we missed from him due to poor handling by agents and coaches.

And his own faults, let's not pretend Henson was a good personality or particularly intelligent in non-rugby stuff. You don't get shunted around as many clubs as him, falling from national side to a tier 2 club if you don't have some serious faults. Hell the guy managed to piss off the Bath team so much he got himself knocked out before he had even played a game for them. They guy was and is a *prk*. You don't know how many players or staff in the national side he may have rubbed up the wrong way too. Hook I'd say was a better example of a player with a great skillset who was hard done by, Henson gives the impression that a lot of his fall from grace was in large part down to his attitude.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
soap wrote:

And his own faults, let's not pretend Henson was a good personality or particularly intelligent in non-rugby stuff. You don't get shunted around as many clubs as him, falling from national side to a tier 2 club if you don't have some serious faults. Hell the guy managed to piss off the Bath team so much he got himself knocked out before he had even played a game for them. They guy was and is a *prk*. You don't know how many players or staff in the national side he may have rubbed up the wrong way too. Hook I'd say was a better example of a player with a great skillset who was hard done by, Henson gives the impression that a lot of his fall from grace was in large part down to his attitude.

I would agree. Great player, bad attitude.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:

I would agree. Great player, bad attitude.

The clubs that have employed Henson recently are very happy with him.

Perhaps he's not the man he was.

The Dragons are going to use him to teach their young players.

I wonder if he can pass on his skills?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:07 pm
Regional Player

Please give me a break Henson and Hook yesterday's men and way overrated during their times Henson did ok against Ulster but made loads of mistakes and took some terrible options..nowhere near international class...

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Hook is a busted flush totally found out not good enough at centre or outside half overrated and always has been...

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next